New Home Kit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Home Kit

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:57 am

Blue In Bolton wrote:What kit will we play in when we are away to Chelsea, Everton & Leicester for example because as far as I can tell all of our kits clash with their home kit.

Confused!!

I would suggest our home kit as one has to be basically blind not to see a huge difference/contrast between sky blur and their shades of blue

Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:46 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:What kit will we play in when we are away to Chelsea, Everton & Leicester for example because as far as I can tell all of our kits clash with their home kit.

Confused!!

I would suggest our home kit as one has to be basically blind not to see a huge difference/contrast between sky blur and their shades of blue

But the new kit is being advertised as our CUP AWAY KIT, surely it could clash?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:19 am

Its disgusting the amount of kits and the quality of the kits we are bringing out.

FFS this seasons they have got so lazy and made them all pract the same colour, im sick of it to be honest. I had every jersey up till last year and i didnt get any last year.

If i do get one this year it will prob be a knock off from china!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Confused!!

Its
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Confused!!

It is a fair point. At least one strip should be a complete contrast to the home strip. Not difficult really.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Blue In Bolton » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

I think the ladies team played against Chelsea away earlier this season in last season's 3rd choice shirt but with this season's home socks and shorts.
All-in-all a bit of a bollocks up all round as we don't seem to wear our home kit away to Chelsea, Everton etc....
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Confused!!

Well, in my mind, sky blue doesn't clash with the navy of those 3 clubs. Time will tell I guess?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:46 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

Confused!!

Well, in my mind, sky blue doesn't clash with the navy of those 3 clubs. Time will tell I guess?

I remember we played Birmingham when we had the purple LCS away kit - we wore that instead of the home kit, and I couldn't see who was who the whole game, except when a Brum player's back was to the camera, as they had white squares on the back of their shirts. Someone told me at the time that we had no choice but to wear the away, as Brum's home kit was blue-with-white, and their away was white-with-blue, both of which are determined as 'clashing' with sky blue in some rule book. This may just be hearsay, though, as I never found anything to back it up.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Blue In Bolton » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

Confused!!

Nor mine as such mate but we do have a strange policy of wearing whatever our away strip is at that particular time against teams who play in blue or white. Look at the amount of times we play away to somebody like Swansea or Everton - we always play in our change strip but when they come to us they very rarely play in theirs.

It is quite bizarre!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote: Someone told me at the time that we had no choice but to wear the away, as Brum's home kit was blue-with-white, and their away was white-with-blue, both of which are determined as 'clashing' with sky blue in some rule book. This may just be hearsay, though, as I never found anything to back it up.

well it does sound just like somebody has just come up with this idea after few beers:)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Confused!!

Nor mine as such mate but we do have a strange policy of wearing whatever our away strip is at that particular time against teams who play in blue or white. Look at the amount of times we play away to somebody like Swansea or Everton - we always play in our change strip but when they come to us they very rarely play in theirs.

It is quite bizarre!

I honestly think they do it (wear them) just so that they can justify a new away shirt every bloody season
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue In Bolton » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 pm

It is probably that blindingly obvious mate!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum