Thursday's B****x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B****x

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:55 am

THE BOLLOX

‘Stop calling me greedy’ – Sagna hits back at Arsenal fans
The defender says he wants to set the record straight and denied accusations that money was behind his decision to sign for Manchester City at the end of his Gunners contract
Bacary Sagna has hit back at Arsenal fans and insisted that he did not move to Manchester City for financial reasons.
The French defender has signed a three-year deal with City and will formally join the Premier League champions on a free transfer when his Arsenal contract expires on June 30.
A number of Gunners fans have accused Sagna of being greedy but the 31-year-old is adamant that the need for a fresh start was the driving force behind his decision to quit after seven years in north London.
“I’m going to clear everything up because I keep reading that I did it for money and I’m greedy,” said Sagna following France's World Cup draw with Ecuador at the Maracana.
“What I want to say is I stayed with Arsenal with the same contract since 2008 and I never asked for more money.
“For people who think it’s for money, it’s not. I just wanted to change. I needed a boost in my career and I think it was about time."
Sagna held several rounds of talks over a new deal with Arsenal and admitted he found it difficult to keep his mind clear amid constant speculation surrounding his future.
“It was not an easy time because we were still involved in the FA Cup and it was hard to stay focused,” he added.
“I stayed focused on my team because I have a lot of respect for Arsenal.
“I believe Arsenal are a great team. I believe we have great quality and [am happy that] we won a trophy finally. It’s not even about that because Arsenal have quality.
“It’s just that, personally, I wanted a boost. I needed to start from the bottom again.”
The France international, who is currently in Brazil for the World Cup, also says he is ready to fight with Pablo Zabaleta for a place in the City starting team.
Sagna added: “It is an exciting time for my career because I’m 31. I know they have a very good right-back in Zabaleta and I will have to fight to find some time on the pitch.
“But I think we have a good team with City and we can do great.”

Milan to test City's striker resolve
Manchester City AC Milan have lined up Manchester City's Edin Dzeko as a potential replacement for Mario Balotelli who looks set to leave the club. And the Italians believe they would stand a good chance of landing the Bosnian striker, 28, who grew up a boyhood Milan fan. Dzeko is poised for talks on his future with City in the next few days following his frustrating exit from the World Cup. City are still confident the forward will sign a new four-year contract worth around £130,000-a-week. Dzeko has a year left on his present deal and that has got Milan believing they can now entice him to the San Siro for a knockdown £18million. Ironically, Dzeko would be following in the footsteps of his former City team-mate, Balotelli, who is up for sale this summer.

Manchester City schedule crunch Yaya Toure talks
The Ivorian is at odds with the club after voicing displeasure over allegedly denying him time with his brother Ibrahim before his death and failure to celebrate his birthday
Manchester City are to grant Yaya Toure a three-week break ahead of scheduled crisis talks over the midfielder’s future, Goal understands.
The 31-year-old's relationship with his club plumbed new depths on Tuesday when the Ivory Coast star claimed that City denied him the opportunity to spend time with his brother Ibrahim, who passed away on June 19.
Relations between the player and the Premier League champions were already fraught after Toure accused the club of failing to properly acknowledge his birthday and City are understood to be mortified by the latest accusations.
In an interview with France Football, Toure said: "I confess that I am still very sad. I'm suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.
"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.
"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.
"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.
"This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life."
Toure and the Ivory Coast crashed out of the World Cup on Tuesday after a last-minute penalty from Greece's Giorgios Samaras condemned his side to group-stage elimination for the third World Cup tournament in a row.
City, who begin their pre-season campaign with a friendly against Dundee on July 13 before flying out to America for the International Champions Cup, will now grant Toure extended leave before holding talks over his future.

The Uruguayan Football Association claims striker Luis Suarez, 27, is the victim of a smear campaign by the Italians, the English media and the Brazilian hosts after he appeared to bite Giorgio Chiellini. Guardian

Former Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, 45, who bit Borussia Dortmund's Heiko Herrlich during a Bundesliga match, thinks "enormous pressure" drove Suarez to allegedly bite Chiellini. Sun

Wimbledon champion Andy Murray, 27, believes there is something "not quite right" about Suarez. Guardian

A number of Football Association board members want manager Roy Hodgson, 66, to explain England's World Cup exit. DSSC

Midfielder Jack Wilshere, 22, has warned England's new generation of players that time is already running out on their international careers. Telegraph

Barcelona are still interested in Liverpool striker Suarez and are ready to offer an £80m player-plus-cash deal that could include wingers Alexis Sanchez, 25, and Pedro, 26. Daily Mirror

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has denied any interest in signing AC Milan and Italy striker Mario Balotelli, 23. DSSC

Arsenal have rejected Manchester United's opening bid for 28-year-old captain Thomas Vermaelen. Daily Star

Tottenham are keen to sign defender Dejan Lovren, 24, from Southampton. The Croatia international also interests Liverpool. Daily Mirror

Arsenal and Tottenham target Javier Hernandez, 26, has dropped another hint that he is set to quit Manchester United once the World Cup is over. Daily Express

Arsenal and Liverpool want Sevilla defender Federico Fazio, 27, who could cost up to £8m. Daily Star

Hull City have opened talks with Tottenham over a £4m deal for 30-year-old captain Michael Dawson. Evening Standard

West Brom are ready to make a £6m bid to sign AS Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere, 24. Express and Star

Argentine winger Eric Lamela, 22, will stay at Tottenham despite a first season at White Hart Lane affected by injuries and indifferent form. Sun

Former England striker Michael Owen says young players are left to play in "soft" under-21 football and the best should be promoted to the first team by the age of 20. Daily Express

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone says he will never sell Uruguayan defender Diego Godin, 28. AS

Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's father has confirmed his 25-year-old son will turn down a £20m move to Roma and stay at Borussia Dortmund. Bild

Serie A side Atlanta have signed Belgian striker Nicolas Napol, 18, from Lorient. Tuttosport (in Italian)

England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney on Twitter: "Gutted to be home but I can't wait to see my wife and children."

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge tweeted: "Back home. Was an honour to play and score in my 1st World Cup. Thanks to all the fans for your support."

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley wrote: "Just want to thank the England fans for the support they gave us throughout our time in Brazil. They are the best in the world and we will do everything to deliver for them in the future."

A Brazilian TV network broadcast footage of Ghana's $3m appearance money being transported in a huge convoy of police cars to the team hotel. TV Globo

West Brom have offered season ticket refunds to fans angered by the appointment of Alan Irvine as head coach. Express and Star

MORE BOLLOX SHORTLY
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B****x

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:32 am

Cheers Chinners.

England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney on Twitter: "Gutted to be home but I can't wait to see my wife and children."

So his greeting would be: "Fucking gutted to be back kids".

Just imagine how many contradictory faux pas this cunt is going to make once the world's press get stuck into him as England captain. He'll need another hair transplant half way through the Euro qualifiers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:20 pm

No wag?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:No wag?

Have we taken the view that it's a new site and therefore should cater for all genders or has Chinners run out of 'home' photos?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Don't think much of the wag, Chinners.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Wheres the fuckin WAG????
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:39 am

As it was the man's birthday yesterday, here is his cake.

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum