Key players

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Key players

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:15 am

I see both Sergio & Vinny are hammperd again by injuries at the world cup.......This does not bode well for next season. We manage to scrape home last season, but I feel the teams around us are really stregthening this preseason. Is there anything that can be done to aide these injuries?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Key players

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:49 am

A REST
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:02 am

Aguero being injured is no surprise, but I think we're in a good position to cope with that. Dzeko thrived on being the key striker in the latter stages of last season so he'll be raring to go in August. Jovetic looks like a very exciting player and if he can remain fit it'll be like having a new player. Hopefully Negredo starts the season as he started the last.

Kompany being injured is definitely a worry as we have such limited options at centre back now we've released Lescott. We urgently need to bring in at least 1 top class centre back, preferably 2. Demichelis improved in the last weeks of the season but was shite for most of it so we have to hope he continues his improved form (although he should only ever be a back-up next season anyway). Nastastic is useless so if we go into our first game with him playing we should be concerned.

But lots of City players have already been knocked out of the World Cup which is great for us - Hart, Milner, Toure, Dzeko and Silva - so they'll get a good rest this summer, not to mention Nasri, Negredo, Clichy and Navas weren't picked when many thought they would be.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:05 am

This is getting ridiculous now , both Vinny and Sergio are become more and more injury prone. Last season these 2 were just unreliable and I don't know what the answer is apart from not playing at all for the next 4 weeks.

That's not going to happen unless they are fucked for the whole tournament.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:20 am

Aguero didn't look right for Argentina's first two games, wasn't fully fit, not surprised he got injured again. The lad needs a good rest.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:54 am

sheblue wrote:Aguero didn't look right for Argentina's first two games, wasn't fully fit, not surprised he got injured again. The lad needs a good rest.

I thought he had a damn good rest for most of last season
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
sheblue wrote:Aguero didn't look right for Argentina's first two games, wasn't fully fit, not surprised he got injured again. The lad needs a good rest.

I thought he had a damn good rest for most of last season

Unfucking real the way some fans go on about these cunts needing rest every time they get continuously injured ,ask any fuckign manager and they will tell you its bollocks.

Play every fucking game that there is to play and maybe you can justify being knackered and maybe take a couple games off but to always justify a player continuously fuckign getting injured due to playing too much is utter bollocks.

Players like Aguero and Vinny are just made of glass , end of.....I always remembered that cunt Darren Anderton who hardly ever played , fuck me that twat had a million medical examinations that he could easily have picked up enough savvy to have become a bastid doctor.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:32 pm

I thought that about anderton,when he played over 500 games.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum