suarez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: suarez

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Funny that he misses the game at the Etihad,wish it was longer though.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Lucky bastard ! should have got 12 months, 8months on appeal..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:9 game ban from international football.
Fined 100,000 swiss francs (£66k)
Banned from all football for four months. So cannpt play for liverpool until end of October. Missing 9 prem league games plus cup games.
Also banned from all football stadiums for 4 monthd

Feel that's too light. Almost 1 and half month of that 4 will go away in pre-season. Uruguay are likely to go out anyway without him. So those 9 games will most be friendlies.

He will definitely miss the games mentioned above plus all pre season activity
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby The Italian Job » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:9 game ban from international football.
Fined 100,000 swiss francs (£66k)
Banned from all football for four months. So cannpt play for liverpool until end of October. Missing 9 prem league games plus cup games.
Also banned from all football stadiums for 4 monthd

Feel that's too light. Almost 1 and half month of that 4 will go away in pre-season. Uruguay are likely to go out anyway without him. So those 9 games will most be friendlies.

He won't be allowed to train with the team & he won't be allowed to enter a stadium for 4 months.
The 9 games will not be friendlies, because the ban applies to official matches only (i.e. WC, Copa America & WC qualifiers most likely).
The Italian Job
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: El City

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Lucky bastard ! should have got 12 months, 8months on appeal..

I hope they've said four months while anticipating an appeal, then lengthen it to six. Ideally nine, to put him out of the Anfield game as well.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm

If I'm not mistaken,

9 internationals, 9 premier league games (wonder if that # changes if he moves to Barca), and 3 champions league games.
I hope Liverpool get eliminated from the CL cuz he's suspended
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:If I'm not mistaken,

9 internationals, 9 premier league games (wonder if that # changes if he moves to Barca), and 3 champions league games.
I hope Liverpool get eliminated from the CL cuz he's suspended

Now we're talking.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
feedthegreek wrote:according to form. fifa can only ban him from world cup games or, confederations cup, they have no jurisdiction in europe or any other domestic leagues.

they can request that the FA uphold the ban domestically though and Uefa also for the Euro games

I think his next 20 matches in all comps is fair. Likely that'll be about 18 of which are in a scouse or barca shirt. Fine of 500k for bringing the game into a negative light. And Uruguay need some kind of punishment for this conspiracy bollox as well.

Jesus. I'm pretty good at this FIFA discilipinary bollox. Hey Sepp...sign me up.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Twobob » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I half expect him to accept the international ban but will contest the ban from all games.

Personally I think it was way too lenient considering that it is his third offence.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Twobob wrote:I half expect him to accept the international ban but will contest the ban from all games.

Personally I think it was way too lenient considering that it is his third offence.

Actually ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WptBPHDIIvE
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Uraguay are appealing, confirmed by the BBC, they have three days. Hopefully FIFA extend the ban.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:10 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Slim wrote:Watch Liverpool fans turn their opinion around when FIFA ban him for club games.

Not sure he can be banned for club games. Be brilliant if he was though. Dippers would be in uber meltdown

RAWK has a 60 page thread on the subject already.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Quote from: Welshred on Today at 09:56:36 PM
You see, and you might not agree, but Luis Suarez is the victim of this scenario. He's been let down and failed by the footballing authorities who should be doing their utmost to protect him. In every other democratic society the judicial process would look at why a person is repeat offending and try to counteract those reasons. Most judicial process are about rehabilitation and preventing reoffending. They don't always work, you get repeat reoffenders in every walk of life but we have seen that Suarez does have the potential for rehabilitation.

How do we know this? From last season. After he bit Ivanovic his conduct on the pitch was exemplary, he started to rebuild his reputation in the country where he had had so much controversy in his short stay here and people were starting to praise him for his footballing ability rather than his conduct. Liverpool Football Club and Brendan Rodgers should take a lot of the plaudits for that. Throughout the whole of his ban for biting Ivanovic and throughout the season I believe Suarez was a regular member of Dr Steve Peters, who we all know is one of the leading Sports Psychiatrists in the world. The club realised that he needed help, he needed rehabilitation, it worked and I find it no surprise it did with the help he quite clearly needs. I'm also not surprised that his conduct whilst away with Uruguay at this World Cup has deteriorated, first with him punching a player and then biting Chiellini again.

The issue here is that FIFA have just looked at his punishment, thinking that that is deterrent enough to stop him doing it in future. They took his past indiscretions into account as well so they definitely know that to Luis Suarez the punishment isn't a deterrent. 3 incidents, over 30 matches missed due to them. So what else are they doing to ensure it doesn't happen again in the future? Well...nothing. Pay your fine, miss your matches, that'll learn ya. No rehabilitation protocol, no orders that he must regularly seen a psychiatrist to help keep him on the straight and narrow, nothing. The FA were there same. The Uruguayan FA are equally complicit in that they see he has done nothing wrong. Nobody here is looking out to help Luis Suarez get over his problems and keep himself 'clean'. Apart from the people who have helped him, Liverpool FC, who have sought rehabilitation. They get punished as well for up to 13 matches.

So you see, Luis Suarez is a victim. He's a victim of a lack of care from those who should be looking after him the most.

Oh come on now, this is just ridiculous.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Jesus fuckin h Christ. I've heard it all now. Must be a wind up surely.

Lad at work who is a dipper was trying to deflect blame today. Says its harsh and that, but even he recognises Suarez has stepped over the line and needed to be punished. He actually thinks long term it might benefit dippers as Barca and Madrid might be put off buying him and he won't have any long haul trips for internationals for the forseeable future
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:36 pm

3 times and he still gets to play after a couple of months?

And I tried to refrain from biting and beating people!

When you think about it, you can get away with anything in the name of sport, especially if you're wanted.

This is an agreement that is made to appease, the reality is that all members related to Suarez made sure it looked the part but didn't actually do anything more than what had already been set. Less actually.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:3 times and he still gets to play after a couple of months?

And I tried to refrain from biting and beating people!

When you think about it, you can get away with anything in the name of sport, especially if you're wanted.

This is an agreement that is made to appease, the reality is that all members related to Suarez made sure it looked the part but didn't actually do anything more than what had already been set. Less actually.

if you'd bitten a coworker in your last three jobs where would you be?

Firstly, everyone probably would have beaten your teeth out of your mouth.
Secondly, you'd have gone to jail for assault. Probably twice.
Lastly, you'd probably be on skid row or in a mental hospital since you clearly wouldn't find gainful employment again after those transgressions.

Luckily, the cunt can score a ball into a goal about 1 out of every 6 or 7 times he tries, so the world gifts him some slack.

Wouldn't it be nice if Scouse ended his contract and no major club would sign the little cheating shit? Never happen, but that would be the one true justice in all of this.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 pm

City should sign him. Only then will he get the ban he deserves.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:City should sign him. Only then will he get the ban he deserves.

I know that's supposed to be funny but this time I'm not amused.

Absolute horrible twat who should never ever be associated with our club, even in jest.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:City should sign him. Only then will he get the ban he deserves.

I know that's supposed to be funny but this time I'm not amused.

Absolute horrible twat who should never ever be associated with our club, even in jest.

Funny, innit? If you take away the biting, diving and cheating, you have, maybe, the best striker in the world, player of the year award contender. He needs to get his head checked, like for real.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Only if he contracts hydrophobia will this degenerate get his just desserts.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum