if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Of course it didn't happen & neither did the cake nonsense. What we got was a load of garbled, weird shite, which made everyone sctatch their heads.

Everyone thought it was bizarre behaviour which it was. Yet everyone is convinced it was calculated when an equally feasible explaination is that it was someone who had 'lost it'. There is at least as good an argument for that, as for anything else, yet people are choosing to jump 100% on Yaya's head rather than just wait to find out if they're right. Imo ithat's just mob mentality.

Some are giving the impression they will be determined to be right even if they are actually completely wrong & are just going to poison the season.

If Yaya stays, & wants to stay, as I strongly expect he will, I will cheer him as a City player. If the club decide he is a twat or he proves to be a twat he can do one.

But if load of people act like cunts because he stays, I doubt I'll be wanting to be in a football ground with them once my ticket runs out.

I've had enough years of City fans being whinging cunts getting on at the players & ruining the team in the past. I'm not going down that road again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:12 pm

And here was me thinking that Chemical Ali was dead.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:And here was me thinking that Chemical Ali was dead.

That made me giggle.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Though I get the point you're trying to make, I think you're referring to Muhammad Saeed 'Comical Ali' al-Sahhaf, who is still very much alive. Unless you're obliquely accusing Ted of anti-Kurdish crimes against humanity.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:

Though I get the point you're trying to make, I think you're referring to Muhammad Saeed 'Comical Ali' al-Sahhaf, who is still very much alive. Unless you're obliquely accusing Ted of anti-Kurdish crimes against humanity.

Or else...

Ted's dead, man
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:

Or else...

Ted's dead, man
Original Dub

Postby Norfolk Blue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:50 am

This business with Yaya is strange. On the one hand Ted thinks his brain might be scrambled because of his brother. Not too sure about this; for the life of me I cannot see how birthday cakes, lack of handshakes and a job in the future could possibly have been triggered by his brother's illness. We must also assume whatever it is is contagious because his agent seems to be similarly afflicted.

On the other hand is it possible he (and his agent) would like one more big money move? They certainly wouldn't want to give up their laughingly labelled “loyalty payment” by asking for a transfer. Obvious answer is cook up a load of bollox to persuade the Club to get rid of him. He does have previous for this with Barcelona.

City's options are therefore (1) to hang on to him whilst accepting that there will be some sort of adverse response to his bullshit – and not just from City fans but from every fan at every ground he plays. He could also be a problem in the dressing room but honestly who among us really knows. (2) City could put him on the transfer list and see if anyone comes in for him. Don't think there would be a queue at what he would cost not just in the transfer fee but also his wage demands. Then again, he is 31 (although mental age might be a bit less). (3) The other way is to let things settle (as per Tevez) then get what you can for him at a time that suits the Club. (4) Of course Yaya could always have a sudden attack of honesty and give up his “loyalty payment” and actually ask for a transfer. Fat chance.

The only thing that has me scratching my head is the thought that Yaya and his agent would actually start the ball rolling in such a bizarre fashion if they hadn't already got some sort of understanding with another club. Would Yaya (and the agent) really be so stupid as to kick this thing off without any guarantee of firm interest (or even intent) from elsewhere?

I don't think Yaya is an idiot nor do I believe he is temporarily mentally unstable. Although his agent is a slime ball he is clever enough to make a fortune out of football so not exactly stupid himself. On reflection I would be of the opinion that this is all part of an attempt at a big final pay day and that makes Yaya a lowlife. As with Tevez I will be pleased to see him leave City. We'll survive and at the same time we can stick two fingers up to Twatini and UEFA. Please let it happen!!!
Norfolk Blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 am

Norfolk Blue wrote:This business with Yaya is strange. On the one hand Ted thinks his brain might be scrambled because of his brother. Not too sure about this; for the life of me I cannot see how birthday cakes, lack of handshakes and a job in the future could possibly have been triggered by his brother's illness. We must also assume whatever it is is contagious because his agent seems to be similarly afflicted.

On the other hand is it possible he (and his agent) would like one more big money move? They certainly wouldn't want to give up their laughingly labelled “loyalty payment” by asking for a transfer. Obvious answer is cook up a load of bollox to persuade the Club to get rid of him. He does have previous for this with Barcelona.

City's options are therefore (1) to hang on to him whilst accepting that there will be some sort of adverse response to his bullshit – and not just from City fans but from every fan at every ground he plays. He could also be a problem in the dressing room but honestly who among us really knows. (2) City could put him on the transfer list and see if anyone comes in for him. Don't think there would be a queue at what he would cost not just in the transfer fee but also his wage demands. Then again, he is 31 (although mental age might be a bit less). (3) The other way is to let things settle (as per Tevez) then get what you can for him at a time that suits the Club. (4) Of course Yaya could always have a sudden attack of honesty and give up his “loyalty payment” and actually ask for a transfer. Fat chance.

The only thing that has me scratching my head is the thought that Yaya and his agent would actually start the ball rolling in such a bizarre fashion if they hadn't already got some sort of understanding with another club. Would Yaya (and the agent) really be so stupid as to kick this thing off without any guarantee of firm interest (or even intent) from elsewhere?

I don't think Yaya is an idiot nor do I believe he is temporarily mentally unstable. Although his agent is a slime ball he is clever enough to make a fortune out of football so not exactly stupid himself. On reflection I would be of the opinion that this is all part of an attempt at a big final pay day and that makes Yaya a lowlife. As with Tevez I will be pleased to see him leave City. We'll survive and at the same time we can stick two fingers up to Twatini and UEFA. Please let it happen!!!

See this is exactly what I'm talking about.

You lay out the case, decide Yaya's mentality wasn't impaired, then list a bunch of incidents that are difficult to explain, & do indeed suggest there could be a reasonable chance he has't been a full shilling. But instead of holding that as a possibility, you write it off again, with no explaination of WHY you come to that decision & decide he should fuck off.

It's like 'hmm, he did that, seems a bit illogical to do that, but there must be some calculated reason for it other than he was just ranting crap & lashing out, so I'll decide he's just a cunt'.

If it's true that Yaya wants to leave, I'd find that very strange personally. He's already on a fortune.

Push for a pay rise/contract extention on the strength of a poty season ? Absolutely. Go to huge bizarre lengths to force a transfer, just to get a bit more money when you are already loaded ?

If that's what he is doing, then fair enough, he's a cunt, but there is a very reasonable possibility that it's not the case.

I don't understand why so many people are so keen to write off that possibility out of hand.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 am

In a nutshell.

- Tapped by PSG/Barca or some other big wheel, but more than 99% likely PSG given monies involved and his visit to Qatar
- Goes to City to try to get pay rise by using deal/wages offered by PSG
- City flatly refuse due to Ya Ya being on a fortune already and wont have the piss taken out of them
- Player invents birthday cake bollox to try to force issue and club to move on it
- City again refuse to make a move and let the player hang himself in the court of public opinion
- Brother sadly dies, then comes another load of bollox about City refusing him leave, designed again to force club to cave in and give more money, or sell player to PSG for one last big money move
- Club again stand form and refuse to do anything bar reiterate their stance and contract status
- Player wont directly ask for transfer as would lose sizeable/laughable "loyalty" bonus
- Player still at square one. Now apparently shattered "mentally and physically" and needs a break - translation, he and his agent have pissed into our tent and spread as much bollox as they can and the club have stood firm so they are in the same spot they were before this all started
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 am

Second Guessing a players mind is gonna mess with your own mind. I remember his end at Barca, so I dug this up, not saying it is the whole story, just saying Yaya has been here before. "If he had talked to me, I would have stayed at Barcelona. I did not want to go and wanted to end my career at Barcelona. However, he had no faith in me." Guardiola, though, offered a rapid riposte, saying that he, in conjunction with then president Joan Laporta, had done his utmost to persuade Toure to remain at Camp Nou. "I talk to anyone and the doors to my office and house are always open for the players," the former Spain international told AS. "The truth is that [Toure] asked Laporta to leave. We even tried to convince him to stay." Yaya is clearly being economical with the truth.

Now the BS with Cakes and respect, are an insult to the Chairman and the club, if Yaya is so badly treated, why did he sign a new deal ? He I feel is after a way out to PSG, Zlatan gets majot tax free dough.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:08 am

i wonder if yaya is part scouse as it's never his fault...?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Norfolk Blue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am

Ted I do appreciate the point you are making and I thought I had demonstrated to you that I had given it some reasonable consideration. I didn't say Yaya was a cunt but I did at least try to understand why he was behaving in this manner. Furthermore I didn't “decide” anything, I merely said I wasn't so sure about the possibility of him being mentally unstable. So let me explain a little more:

His “birthday” cake business was a lie.

When exposed as a lie it was changed to not having his hand shaken.

When that was derided for the nonsense it was it was changed to him wanting some sort of guarantee for a job in the future.

Whilst it is perfectly possible that this strange behaviour was as a result of his brother's illness, I do not see the connection nor has there been any direct suggestion from Yaya that his brother's illness was the reason for his complaints. He has said something about the club should have seen he was upset and done something about it. Do you really think that the club should do his emotional thinking for him? He's a grown man and should be capable of making his own decisions. I may be wrong but IMO this behaviour is not that of someone in emotional turmoil about his brother's terminal illness.

When he subsequently gives an interview which basically accuses the Club of acting in a very callous manner towards him and his brothers then perhaps he might be reacting out of grief. However, there is again no truth in his allegations and he must have known that was the case. I don't want to repeat the arguments about why people think that is the case but you have to ask yourself why he did it. That is exactly what I did in my earlier post. My belief is that money is the driving force. Hardly a novel thought.

I don't think he was or is mentally unstable, I do not think he is stupid therefore what other reason can there be? It's unfortunate but money really is the likely motive and in the absence of any other possibility what alternative conclusion can be reached? Among other things, my justification for this point of view is that he has previous with Barcelona.

The problem I see is that he has burnt his bridges with the club and with a lot of the fans. I fear he will be damaged goods and therefore less effective than he has been. I therefore looked at the options the Club has and reached what I thought was a reasonable conclusion which would remove any difficulty FFP might be causing and would remove the problem (or at least potential problem) of Yaya in the dressing room.

The point that concerns me is that about him having a specific club in mind. Is it a possibility he has been tapped up? Pure speculation again on my part but at least it is a possible explanation of why he has been behaving in this strange manner and, again IMO, a more likely one than having had his brain scrambled.
Norfolk Blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Truth be known no one fully knows what the fook is going on. Just wish the club would come out and give us fans some information. I doubt they will be in dark over what's been said and whether any of it is true or bullshit.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Now noone cares that his team were knocked out, and its because they are African.

Surprised it wasnt Citys fault.

Sorry Ted , he can fuck off as far as Im concerned , Tevez mark 2.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Now noone cares that his team were knocked out, and its because they are African.

Surprised it wasnt Citys fault.

Sorry Ted , he can fuck off as far as Im concerned , Tevez mark 2.

i agree...he's clearly been tapped up by PSG and the Qataris. The best Muslim player of his generation. They can't resist the allure and his cuntychops agent sees a payday like no other....probably his last one.

It couldn't be more obvious. Yaya clearly struggles a bit with his approach, but he works for his agent, not for City.

Yaya can honestly go fuck himself. He's embarrassed the shit out of himself and us...for what? Cash. End of story for me.

50M for him and splash the cash on Vidal. End of conversation.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Nobody including Yaya, should be anything but buzzing after last season, he has made a cunt of the pre-season and can either say sorry or do one. The Chairman must think long and hard about how this muppet has acted, I am pretty sure the CEO no full well what his game is. Lets not forget City have been good for him, he was a bit part player at Barca.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Second Guessing a players mind is gonna mess with your own mind. I remember his end at Barca, so I dug this up, not saying it is the whole story, just saying Yaya has been here before. "If he had talked to me, I would have stayed at Barcelona. I did not want to go and wanted to end my career at Barcelona. However, he had no faith in me." Guardiola, though, offered a rapid riposte, saying that he, in conjunction with then president Joan Laporta, had done his utmost to persuade Toure to remain at Camp Nou. "I talk to anyone and the doors to my office and house are always open for the players," the former Spain international told AS. "The truth is that [Toure] asked Laporta to leave. We even tried to convince him to stay." Yaya is clearly being economical with the truth.

Now the BS with Cakes and respect, are an insult to the Chairman and the club, if Yaya is so badly treated, why did he sign a new deal ? He I feel is after a way out to PSG, Zlatan gets majot tax free dough.....

Were apologists making up excuses for him at the time?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Second Guessing a players mind is gonna mess with your own mind. I remember his end at Barca, so I dug this up, not saying it is the whole story, just saying Yaya has been here before. "If he had talked to me, I would have stayed at Barcelona. I did not want to go and wanted to end my career at Barcelona. However, he had no faith in me." Guardiola, though, offered a rapid riposte, saying that he, in conjunction with then president Joan Laporta, had done his utmost to persuade Toure to remain at Camp Nou. "I talk to anyone and the doors to my office and house are always open for the players," the former Spain international told AS. "The truth is that [Toure] asked Laporta to leave. We even tried to convince him to stay." Yaya is clearly being economical with the truth.

Were apologists making up excuses for him at the time?

Not sure mate, he is a footballer as with Suarez, you can always find some loon to spin it in a happy clappy way............. fact is he is a twat, Pep pretty much said that, true or not Catalan's saw through Yaya and the poor me B.S, despite the fact he was missed as a top player. We got him and he looks to be trying the same shite to leave. Sums up players.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Not sure how reliable this is, but it's saying he's put in a transfer request

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2014/07/iv ... -man-city/

Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure makes request to leave Man City

Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure has told Manchester City he wants to leave this summer, it has been revealed.

Sport says the midfielder has made a transfer request to City as he seeks one final payday in his career.

PSG are keen on the Ivorian, who controversially complained about City management blanking his birthday late, last season before raising his disappointment at not being granted leave to see his brother before he passed away.

Along with PSG, former club Barcelona have also been linked with Toure this summer.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:57 pm

patrickblue wrote:Not sure how reliable this is, but it's saying he's put in a transfer request

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2014/07/iv ... -man-city/

Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure makes request to leave Man City

Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure has told Manchester City he wants to leave this summer, it has been revealed.

Sport says the midfielder has made a transfer request to City as he seeks one final payday in his career.

PSG are keen on the Ivorian, who controversially complained about City management blanking his birthday late, last season before raising his disappointment at not being granted leave to see his brother before he passed away.

Along with PSG, former club Barcelona have also been linked with Toure this summer.

Can Ted please confirm if its true or not.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum