if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nice one, chief.

Can I ask where you got that from, please?

Bit of a working theory cobbled together from reading one journalist talk about "having read the full transcript..." followed by a number of other journalists showing full translations of that paragraph fully attributed to Yaya.

I was hoping there would be original quotes in French of this. Can't find anything more than I have quoted above.

Cheers, mate. Much appreciated.

I haven't been able to find a full transcript - I'm surprised Francefootball didn't at least link to one.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:06 pm

I would think MCFC will be asking for one.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:52 am

Dameerto wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nice one, chief.

Can I ask where you got that from, please?

Bit of a working theory cobbled together from reading one journalist talk about "having read the full transcript..." followed by a number of other journalists showing full translations of that paragraph fully attributed to Yaya.

I was hoping there would be original quotes in French of this. Can't find anything more than I have quoted above.

Cheers, mate. Much appreciated.

I haven't been able to find a full transcript - I'm surprised Francefootball didn't at least link to one.

In his interview after the game last night didn't he said he was 'very angry' about the treatment he had received and would 'see what happens'

The thick stupid fucking cunt stood there 5000 miles away from where he is supposed to be, suppose that's our fault too?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:00 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I would think MCFC will be asking for one.

According to the apparent "ITK" tolmie's hairdoo on BM," City have been told Toure had full copy approval, before it was published. And the publication has the tapes to back up the comments"
Like most city fans I am disappointed by this whole episode. Yaya seems very unsettled and looking to engineer a move away, but with a cool head on, he is still a superb footballer to replace. As Sagna says one of the best midfielders in the world. I would like to see city support Yaya in his grief and give him time to be reconciled. My suspicion is that with FFP he is uncertain we can achieve our ambitions in the timescale of his career. He wants to make a pernament mark in world football history, he wants to win the CL and challenge for the ballooon d'or.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 am

Plain Speaking wrote:

According to the apparent "ITK" tolmie's hairdoo on BM," City have been told Toure had full copy approval, before it was published. And the publication has the tapes to back up the comments"
Like most city fans I am disappointed by this whole episode. Yaya seems very unsettled and looking to engineer a move away, but with a cool head on, he is still a superb footballer to replace. As Sagna says one of the best midfielders in the world. I would like to see city support Yaya in his grief and give him time to be reconciled. My suspicion is that with FFP he is uncertain we can achieve our ambitions in the timescale of his career. He wants to make a pernament mark in world football history, he wants to win the CL and challenge for the ballooon d'or.

He has already won the Champions League. His ambition was to make a mark by winning it with us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:28 am

He is becoming an unbearable prick.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

He has already won the Champions League. His ambition was to make a mark by winning it with us.

I knew he won with Barca. Fair enough, I should have said he wants to win the CL "again" ;-).

TBH I dont think he can face the thought of not properly competing for the biggest prizes. Our acceptance of FFP penalties, which will significantly reduce our chances of winning the CL coincided with his 31st birthday and the significant decline in his brother's health.

Personally I hope if we give him time and support we can convince him about our project once more. He has a huge ego and he perhaps feels the spectre of future decline more than most ATM. It's a really difficult call whether we should look to replace him. He is certainly one of the world's best midfielders, but few clubs could afford his wages and to get any thing like his quality for the same cost, extremely difficult.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

I knew he won with Barca. Fair enough, I should have said he wants to win the CL "again" ;-).

TBH I dont think he can face the thought of not properly competing for the biggest prizes. Our acceptance of FFP penalties, which will significantly reduce our chances of winning the CL coincided with his 31st birthday and the significant decline in his brother's health.

Personally I hope if we give him time and support we can convince him about our project once more. He has a huge ego and he perhaps feels the spectre of future decline more than most ATM. It's a really difficult call whether we should look to replace him. He is certainly one of the world's best midfielders, but few clubs could afford his wages and to get any thing like his quality for the same cost, extremely difficult.

¨Convince him again of our project¨ ?????? How about we tell him to shut the fuck up about slandering City and do what hes paid to do otherwise he can go and get fucked at some other club!! How does that sound?

Any thick bastard that needs to be convinced of our project in todays world needs a frontal lobotomy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Now the WC is over we should see some movement on this.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sandman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Tell him and his agent he has permission to leave for a non-negotiable £50m. When they can't find a club who will pay it and meet his wage demands then make it clear that he will be happily kept until his contract expires in 2017 when he can leave for free.

I would hope City have the balls to stand up to him and put a stop to all these player revolts, to show future players we take no shit would be easily worth the £50m.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Now the WC is over we should see some movement on this.

Depends, did he mean his world cup or the world cup in general? Has he blamed us for him not winning that yet?

What's happened to his agent recently? All gone very quiet there, which seems a bit odd
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
mr_nool wrote:It's obviously a horrible time for Yaya and the whole family, but that's just bullshit shit stirring. I might have believed it if it hadn't been because of cake gate. No it just seems like a pathetic attempt to tar City because the birthday story didn't quite work as well as planned.

This.

Not being funny here, if my brother was on the verge of death, i'd not go to the world cup or do anything but be with him, everything would take a back seat.

I don't buy this at all, it honestly feels like Yaya is using his own brothers death to regain public favour. Not good for anyone this.

He's unlikely to be using anything for anything or give a flying fuck about public favour at the moment.. He's just lost his brother & he's in the middle of a World Cup & clearly feels guilty about his own actions. People can lash out or do or say all manner of strange things when put on the spot. Different people react in different ways. It certainly won't be a calculated plan to use his brother, he doesn't need to, there is nothing to gain from it.

If he has a big grievence with City he will just ask to leave. He doesn't need anything else, he can just tell the club he wants to go. His father has already said he doesn't think that will happen.

and give all that money up, no he will not ask for a transfer
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:36 am

The exit from Barca, was a mess, the stories were he never wanted to leave. Guardiola came out after Yaya accused him of not speaking to him for year. With a statement that Yaya knows the truth, he was offered a new deal, but had told the President he was not staying. City will be his next club.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 am

stevefromdonny wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
mr_nool wrote:It's obviously a horrible time for Yaya and the whole family, but that's just bullshit shit stirring. I might have believed it if it hadn't been because of cake gate. No it just seems like a pathetic attempt to tar City because the birthday story didn't quite work as well as planned.

This.

Not being funny here, if my brother was on the verge of death, i'd not go to the world cup or do anything but be with him, everything would take a back seat.

I don't buy this at all, it honestly feels like Yaya is using his own brothers death to regain public favour. Not good for anyone this.

He's unlikely to be using anything for anything or give a flying fuck about public favour at the moment.. He's just lost his brother & he's in the middle of a World Cup & clearly feels guilty about his own actions. People can lash out or do or say all manner of strange things when put on the spot. Different people react in different ways. It certainly won't be a calculated plan to use his brother, he doesn't need to, there is nothing to gain from it.

If he has a big grievence with City he will just ask to leave. He doesn't need anything else, he can just tell the club he wants to go. His father has already said he doesn't think that will happen.

and give all that money up, no he will not ask for a transfer

If it's PSG as rumoured, then they can just pay to Yaya it if they are ignoring FFP, & the job is done. Why all the fucking about when City have already shown with Tevez, that they will bench a player & fine him rather than sell him under duress ? Yaya at 31, sat on the bench for a year ?

If he is genuinely just purely as cynical as some suggest, & using his dead brother as an excuse to force City to sell him, then he already knows the club he is going to. City would not sell him to someone like Chelsea, whatever the circumstances, Real & Barca don't want him, nor do Bayern.

Who else other than possibly PSG wants Yaya & can afford his wages ?

The argument of all this being to 'force' a transfer, doesn't make sense.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby frankswift » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Yaya is not a "thick cunt", as someone so delicately put it. He can probably speak English better than most of us can speak his native French. He can play in a way that looks effortless, but that does not mean he is lazy, as some accuse him of being, it means he's a shit-hot player who makes it look easy. Would we have won the league without him? Maybe, maybe not. Where I was sat at Craven Cottage - almost at ground level behind the goal - watching Yaya approach the goal was a frightening experience, and he was playing for my team, and I was not even on the pitch. The way he commanded his space was something I've not seen before in football. I think his was an important contribution.

Has he done anything on the pitch that has been anything other than total commitment to himself, Man City or the Cote D'Ivoire? I haven't seen it.

I don't care what his agent, or some shit-stirring newspaper, or his tweets suggest. The lad's lost his brother, and I wouldn't be surprised if his head's not in the best place at the moment. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt until the day after the first game of the new season. No, on account of the goal he scored in the FA Cup semi-final against the scum from the Borough of Trafford I'm going to give him a month after that.

If we can believe the Daily Mail (I can't believe I've just written that) the club don't have a problem with him, and, of course, they will know much more about what is going on, inside and outside his head, than we do.

I think that there are people on this forum behaving in exactly the same way that they are accusing Yaya of behaving: on evidence that is pretty much circumstantial you're getting ready to string the bloke up, judging on words and not deeds. Maybe some of you didn't get a cake for your birthday and that's what's giving you the shits. I can understand that - I'm doing the 5:2 diet thing at the moment and it's a right pain having to be off the ale for a month or so.

Get a grip, boys and girls. If he's buggered off by the start of the new season, feel free to take the piss out of me and I'll bugger off in shame to Bluemoon or something. But if I was in his position now and reading what some people have been accusing me of, I'd think "fuck this bunch of twats."
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:54 am

If you think he gives two shits about City fans one way or the other you're off your head. And this isn't an opinion I've formed after reading an alleged direct quote from him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:46 am

frankswift wrote:Yaya is not a "thick cunt", as someone so delicately put it. He can probably speak English better than most of us can speak his native French. He can play in a way that looks effortless, but that does not mean he is lazy, as some accuse him of being, it means he's a shit-hot player who makes it look easy. Would we have won the league without him? Maybe, maybe not. Where I was sat at Craven Cottage - almost at ground level behind the goal - watching Yaya approach the goal was a frightening experience, and he was playing for my team, and I was not even on the pitch. The way he commanded his space was something I've not seen before in football. I think his was an important contribution.

Has he done anything on the pitch that has been anything other than total commitment to himself, Man City or the Cote D'Ivoire? I haven't seen it.

I don't care what his agent, or some shit-stirring newspaper, or his tweets suggest. The lad's lost his brother, and I wouldn't be surprised if his head's not in the best place at the moment. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt until the day after the first game of the new season. No, on account of the goal he scored in the FA Cup semi-final against the scum from the Borough of Trafford I'm going to give him a month after that.

If we can believe the Daily Mail (I can't believe I've just written that) the club don't have a problem with him, and, of course, they will know much more about what is going on, inside and outside his head, than we do.

I think that there are people on this forum behaving in exactly the same way that they are accusing Yaya of behaving: on evidence that is pretty much circumstantial you're getting ready to string the bloke up, judging on words and not deeds. Maybe some of you didn't get a cake for your birthday and that's what's giving you the shits. I can understand that - I'm doing the 5:2 diet thing at the moment and it's a right pain having to be off the ale for a month or so.

Get a grip, boys and girls. If he's buggered off by the start of the new season, feel free to take the piss out of me and I'll bugger off in shame to Bluemoon or something. But if I was in his position now and reading what some people have been accusing me of, I'd think "fuck this bunch of twats."

He has got previous mate, he tried to leave the door open at Barca, Telling the fans a pack of lies, nobody loves me, I am ignored, why do I have to leave, Pep got pissed of with the B.S, spilled the beans on Yaya and his agent, whilst stalling on a new Barca deal he had done a deal with us. Yes lost his brother , tragic, however what has this got to do with City and the 5 star treatment he gets, answer nothing, his head is in Paris IMHO and 350,000 a week tax free same as Zlatan...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:53 am

Hazy2 wrote:
frankswift wrote:Yaya is not a "thick cunt", as someone so delicately put it. He can probably speak English better than most of us can speak his native French. He can play in a way that looks effortless, but that does not mean he is lazy, as some accuse him of being, it means he's a shit-hot player who makes it look easy. Would we have won the league without him? Maybe, maybe not. Where I was sat at Craven Cottage - almost at ground level behind the goal - watching Yaya approach the goal was a frightening experience, and he was playing for my team, and I was not even on the pitch. The way he commanded his space was something I've not seen before in football. I think his was an important contribution.

He has got previous mate, he tried to leave the door open at Barca, Telling the fans a pack of lies, nobody loves me, I am ignored, why do I have to leave, Pep got pissed of with the B.S, spilled the beans on Yaya and his agent, whilst stalling on a new Barca deal he had done a deal with us. Yes lost his brother , tragic, however what has this got to do with City and the 5 star treatment he gets, answer nothing, his head is in Paris IMHO and 350,000 a week tax free same as Zlatan...

YOU think.

And that's the point, so excellently made above.

It's not been a case of what Yaya has actually done, it's been a case of him apparently making some unflattering comments about the club, after losing his brother, & so many people not willing to give him any slack in regard to it. People have decided they know what his motivation is for those comments, without actually knowing it at all, & that they will hang him on the strength of that, & others have decided they now hate him & will never forgive him for the comments he made, even if he stays at the club & wins titles etc.

If it turns out he is some kind of monster, who uses the death of his brother purely to make a bit more money than the absolute fortune he's making already, then he would deserve all the shit he is getting. But that isn't yet proven at all, it's purely an invention by fans who have chosen to picture Yaya as that person, rather than a bloke who has gone off his head a bit at a time of extreme pressure & misery.

People are making a decision & have their reaction all worked out in advance, rather than just waiting to see how the club view it & letting them decide what the truth is & what is the best way to deal with it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

YOU think.

And that's the point, so excellently made above.

It's not been a case of what Yaya has actually done, it's been a case of him apparently making some unflattering comments about the club, after losing his brother, & so many people not willing to give him any slack in regard to it. People have decided they know what his motivation is for those comments, without actually knowing it at all, & that they will hang him on the strength of that, & others have decided they now hate him & will never forgive him for the comments he made, even if he stays at the club & wins titles etc.

If it turns out he is some kind of monster, who uses the death of his brother purely to make a bit more money than the absolute fortune he's making already, then he would deserve all the shit he is getting. But that isn't yet proven at all, it's purely an invention by fans who have chosen to picture Yaya as that person, rather than a bloke who has gone off his head a bit at a time of extreme pressure & misery.

People are making a decision & have their reaction all worked out in advance, rather than just waiting to see how the club view it & letting them decide what the truth is & what is the best way to deal with it.

The club will make a decision based on him being a £30m+ asset who is being paid a lot of money every week whatever we do, same as they did for Tevez. That had nothing to do with how the fans should feel about him.

As for the brother thing, I can accept his head's in bits, however he was still alive when the cake thing started and for all that time he was in Qatar when apparently he really wanted to see him yet didn't bother. You can bury your head as much as you want, but he's taking the piss out of your club
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Do you honestly think Seluk chose not to use a legitimate grievance (unfortunate choice of word) as an excuse to bash City when cake-gate broke and instead invented some bullshit? That is the single biggest thing that tells me it didn't happen.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum