if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 am

He's on his way out of the club. Question is can we afford a good replacement with the UEFA restrictions now he's damaged goods.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:I dont like the comment

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.

"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

Is this the same city, that gave Mancini, Tevez, Aguero time off to go and see their families in a time of need? Some more serious than others, especially for Roberto. I cannot think for ONE minute that city would refuse, of course they would like him in Abu Dhabi to celebrate as he was a big player, but they would have respected his wishes. Two sides to every story, its a shame We dont have cookie to say it how it is!

Didn't City let Pellers leave when he was less than a month into the job to go home because his father died?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:28 am

johnny crossan wrote:He's on his way out of the club. Question is can we afford a good replacement with the UEFA restrictions now he's damaged goods.

His age would mean a much lower transfer fee than we would get otherwise, but he would still fetch a fair few quid. Then there are the wages to consider; who can afford him ? If he would take a drop in wages we could try a player exchange. Send him to Juve as part ex for Vidal ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:29 am

But are we sure this is genuine?

Did he actually say all of that? Or media bollox?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:32 am

Its a full interview in France Football, quotes the lot.

I did think we would regret passing on Fabregas, so unless we can get Pogba, Barkley or Vidal Id refuse to sell him now as that's exactly what he wants. Maybe time to dig in a la Tevez if we have to, reiterating we wont be fooked around with and players leave when it suits us, not them.

Since winning the Prem Ya Ya and his Agent have spent the summer pissing in to our tent continually to try to force something to happen. Will be interesting to see how the club deals with this latest one. That whole interview is quite sad on so many levels - its reads as something quite desperate to be honest, and Id guarantee City haven't stopped him from seeing his brother at all. Pellegrini, Mancini, Zabaleta and Tevez have all had compassionate leave in similar circumstances, just to back up how City deal with things like this.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Its a full interview in France Football, quotes the lot.

I did think we would regret passing on Fabregas, so unless we can get Pogba, Barkley or Vidal Id refuse to sell him now as that's exactly what he wants. Maybe time to dig in a la Tevez if we have to, reiterating we wont be fooked around with and players leave when it suits us, not them.

Since winning the Prem Ya Ya and his Agent have spent the summer pissing in to our tent continually to try to force something to happen. Will be interesting to see how the club deals with this latest one. That whole interview is quite sad on so many levels - its reads as something quite desperate to be honest, and Id guarantee City haven't stopped him from seeing his brother at all. Pellegrini, Mancini, Zabaleta and Tevez have all had compassionate leave in similar circumstances, just to back up how City deal with things like this.

If it turns nasty they will just do a Tevez on him.

I imagine they will first try to find out what's actually going on with him. I very much doubt he even asked for time off, but perhaps he feels guilty about that & is transferring it to us.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 am

I make you right Ted.

Initial indications from City's press correspondents state the club quite bemused by this. Martin Blackburn is usually very fair & accurate and he has already quoted club sources to this effect. I fear this may get a lot uglier over the coming month and something the club had hoped they had quelled.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 am

They have to sort it out one way or the other as Yaya can be half arsed at times even when he's arsed. A half arsed half arsed Yaya would be unthinkable.

I wonder if his agent has been equally struggling to understand what Yaya is on about, hence the cake comments etc.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 am

Blue Blood wrote:
mr_nool wrote:It's obviously a horrible time for Yaya and the whole family, but that's just bullshit shit stirring. I might have believed it if it hadn't been because of cake gate. No it just seems like a pathetic attempt to tar City because the birthday story didn't quite work as well as planned.

This.

Not being funny here, if my brother was on the verge of death, i'd not go to the world cup or do anything but be with him, everything would take a back seat.

I don't buy this at all, it honestly feels like Yaya is using his own brothers death to regain public favour. Not good for anyone this.

Plus the fact that he has been terminal at Christies for some time. A 3 day trip to AD didn't stop him spending time with him beforehand did it - and City are his employers, if he was that arsed, City are fucking bang on for making him go and he could have missed the world cup for which he is not paid north of £250k a week.

I was sticking up for him before, but this is almost getting into Tevez territory for me now, this is fucking sick.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
mr_nool wrote:It's obviously a horrible time for Yaya and the whole family, but that's just bullshit shit stirring. I might have believed it if it hadn't been because of cake gate. No it just seems like a pathetic attempt to tar City because the birthday story didn't quite work as well as planned.

This.

Not being funny here, if my brother was on the verge of death, i'd not go to the world cup or do anything but be with him, everything would take a back seat.

I don't buy this at all, it honestly feels like Yaya is using his own brothers death to regain public favour. Not good for anyone this.

Plus the fact that he has been terminal at Christies for some time. A 3 day trip to AD didn't stop him spending time with him beforehand did it - and City are his employers, if he was that arsed, City are fucking bang on for making him go and he could have missed the world cup for which he is not paid north of £250k a week.

I was sticking up for him before, but this is almost getting into Tevez territory for me now, this is fucking sick.

Its full blown Tevez territory now John, with all the bells and whistles.

Giving in to the player/agents obvious wishes to manufacture a move should only be done IF it suits us, AND a replacement is already on board a la Pogba, Vidal, Barkley. Ya Ya is 31 and his talent will be on the wane within the next 12-18 months as he cant beat the sands of time. I also agree with Ted's points on a half arsed half arsed Ya Ya Toure who will be a major liability.

A classic Half arsed Ya Ya display illustrated by Wigan at home in the FA Cup q-f when he was dragged off after an hour and that was 59 mins too late as well.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am

City would not make Yaya go to Abu Dhabi if he asked to be with his dying brother. He either didn't ask, or he asked the coach driver or the tea lady or something. City would not enforce that.

Yaya has had a bit of a mental wobble I recon.

How the Sheikh/Khaldoon react is another factor here, as it sort of implies they forced him to go. If they take offence, they will ship him out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:City would not make Yaya go to Abu Dhabi if he asked to be with his dying brother. He either didn't ask, or he asked the coach driver or the tea lady or something. City would not enforce that.

Yaya has had a bit of a mental wobble I recon.

How the Sheikh/Khaldoon react is another factor here, as it sort of implies they forced him to go. If they take offence, they will ship him out.

In all honesty mate, I can see some truth in that aspect of the story. If someone asked me if they could take the 3 days off, from a visit to the people and sponsors that pay his wages, given that his brother was in hospital in Manchester and the employee could have visited on 362 other days of the year, I'm afraid I would have made him go unless there was a suggestion his brother was going to check out over them 3 days (obviously there wasn't). Particularly as he intended to swan off to South America for 4 weeks a few days later - HIS summer schedule is HIS problem, not Manchester City's.

I have zero fucking sympathy whatever the truth turns out to be, and back the club 100% even if they did do what he claims.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:22 am

if yaya wants to leave then so be it, i love yaya as a player one of the best ive seen but no player is bigger than the club, i would buy barkley in his place hes young got talent and english. if rumours are to be believed fernando is a done deal anyways.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Norfolk Blue » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:32 am

How are City fans going to react in the ground next season? Knowing Manchester lads I think he'll get shit in large doses. When he plays away the opposition fans are going to have a field day. Is this likely to affect his game and therefore his value to the team? I think he is now damaged goods and I sincerely hope City get rid of him whilst they can still ask a good fee. I admit he would leave quite a gap in the team but I think that gap is going to be there anyhow now he is shown himself to be a total pillock.
Norfolk Blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:33 am

This is a new low, even for Touré.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 am

He sounds mixed up at the moment, understandably. If he had told City about any worsening if his condition I'm sure he would have been given position, but they were unlikely to guess. Hopefully someone from the club will have a proper word with him after the funeral, World Cup etc. when he can think more rationally.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby simon12 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 am

he seems to be money motivated so how about a 2 week fine?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:51 am

From the Daily Mail:

By Adam Crafton

Published: 11:04, 24 June 2014 | Updated: 12:09, 24 June 2014

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has spoken of his sadness following the death of his brother Ibrahim and suggested that his club did not offer him sufficient support during a period which he describes as 'the hardest in my life.'

The Ivory Coast midfielder's 28-year-old brother tragically died of cancer last week, while Yaya was in Brazil representing his country at the World Cup and the City talisman has stated that he felt disappointed that he wasn't afforded greater sensitivity by his club employers.

The full squad were required for a post-season trip to Abu Dhabi, where City played a friendly game and met the club's owners.

Toure told France Football: 'At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to grant me a few days.

'I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was lying in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not making them respect me.

'However, club officials knew very well that I was suffering for a few months as the health of my brother declined. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.'

Manchester City have been left disheartened by Toure's quotes and Sportsmail understands that Toure did not request compassionate leave to spend time with his brother.

City are widely acknowledged to have always adopted a caring and sensitive approach to personal issues affecting their players and they have an impeccable track record when it comes to offering welfare to their players, with Pablo Zabaleta, Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor all receiving sensitive support from the club and time off following upheaval in their personal lives in recent years.

A senior insider maintained that had Toure asked for those few days off, they would have been granted without hesitation.

Sportsmail also understands that City have been pro-active behind the scenes in supporting the midfielder, both during Ibrahim's battle with cancer and since his death last week.

City are believed to have pledged their unequivocal support to the family in the past week, with the club maintaining dialogue with former player Kolo Toure and brother Yaya, contributing to the arrangements for the funeral and even assisting with the paperwork. Before Ibrahim died, he was also invited to the club's Carrington training ground as a special guest.

A well-placed source stated: 'It is what we do for our players. They will always have our support.'

It should be noted that City, although a little bemused, do not view this latest development in their relationship with Toure as a major sticking point.

It is understood that there has been no conflict since the bizarre episode that saw Toure throw his future at the club into doubt when his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed that the club should have made more of a fuss for his 31st birthday, with his representative said that the midfielder was left 'very upset'.

City did give Toure a birthday cake and wished him happy birthday on Twitter but the player's agent suggested he was ignored by the club's Abu Dhabi owners when the squad visited at then end of the season.

'None of them shook his hand on his birthday. It's really sick,' Seluk added. Toure later backed his agent, writing on Twitter: 'Everything Dimitri said is true. He speaks for me. I will explain after the World Cup.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:14 pm

really getting tired of the thick fucker. sell, sell, sell!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

all this makes you wonder if this is all part of a strategy to force city to sell him, because he knows this will anger the supporter base.

psg does seem like the club that would be most logical.

i'm still hoping things work out. replacing him will be nearly impossible.

vidal would be the ideal choice then.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum