if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: if true, I'm ashamed of City (ibrahim toure)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:16 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Im sorry but Yaya is coming across as a right cunt now, if hes about next season he should expect a lot of shit from the fans. The club should fine him at the top end of the limits and come out to put htis right once and for all as the papers are loving all these chances to flick shit at us.

Well if he does stay, & the fans give him shit, then THEY will be the ones harming the club, not Yaya. We have seen many times what damage it does when our fans start picking on players; it upsets the whole club & we lose games.

Personally, I would prefer any fans who feel so strongly they plan on causing shit, to protest by staying at home, rather than ruining it for the rest of us, who I'm pretty sure will be the vast majority, who want to see a happy, winning team, with or without Yaya.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Just off the top of my head and relatively recently Zabs had compassionate leave during a hectic schedule when we really needed him, Tevez had compassionate leave for his daughter, Ade was granted compassionate leave for as long as he needed over the Togo bus shooting - I think Bobby Manc had compassionate leave as well. Plus there was the ongoing situation with Michael Johnson. All recent, and all dealt with properly by the club. I am feeling rather annoyed by Yaya's slander.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:36 am

if you really were broken up about your brother's recent passing you wouldn't give an interview about it only a few days later.

its an excuse and I'm sick of this guy. great player but terrible human.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby BookJunior » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 am

john@staustell wrote:Ashamed? Well it didn't stop him fucking off to the world cup did it? Nor put his birthday cake to world prominance?

Didn't seem to matter then. Just blame City all the time.

Pretty sure his brother died in the Christie Clinic which my mother had some palliative care in for about 3 weeks.

Get shut of him.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Two's Kompany » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:31 am

He has been rightly hammered by all and sundry for the cake excuse.
It now seems he's using this story instead to say how bad the club are and how insensitive they are.
Strange though, a few backs he said he'd stay if he 'got a coaching role.' He didn't sound like a man who hated the club for not letting stay with his ill brother, then!
The top and bottom of this is he clearly wants to leave. No coincidence that the interview was with a French journo either!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:10 am

BookJunior wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Ashamed? Well it didn't stop him fucking off to the world cup did it? Nor put his birthday cake to world prominance?

Pretty sure his brother died in the Christie Clinic which my mother had some palliative care in for about 3 weeks.

Get shut of him.

As someone else said it didnt stop him having 5 days in Qatar pissing about, presumably working out his transfer to PSG.

The irony is, a quick 70 or 80M transfer now would put us in one hell of a good position.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:10 am

Fairly certain some people need to be reminded that he was instrumental in our cup win and would not have won the title without his amazing contribution this past season. We forgave Carlos for much much worse behaviour.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 am

Slim wrote:Fairly certain some people need to be reminded that he was instrumental in our cup win and would not have won the title without his amazing contribution this past season. We forgave Carlos for much much worse behaviour.

................and then hooked him out the door asap, with Mad Mario and Mancini. Soriano and Txiki wont have any of that nonsense.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:35 am

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:Fairly certain some people need to be reminded that he was instrumental in our cup win and would not have won the title without his amazing contribution this past season. We forgave Carlos for much much worse behaviour.

................and then hooked him out the door asap, with Mad Mario and Mancini. Soriano and Txiki wont have any of that nonsense.

I think that's the key point isn't it. We are in a position with a strong squad to be able to move players on now and bring in replacements with little negative impact. One could say that Toure is irreplaceable, but with Fernando coming in, whose to say that Nasri and Fernandinho in tandem (for example) couldn't be devastating in a slightly different way - and that's before we have even thought about how to spend the money it would raise.

We are likely to slightly modify our approach come next season anyway with Fernando, so I don't personally see it as being a huge blow that we can't recover from, other than losing probably the best free kick taker in the world right now.

Throwing the likes of Barclay in there would significantly increase the hustle and energy in midfield which I think would be a good thing considering we are already very strong down the flanks. I'm really struggling to make a case for him to stay now, and think it is the right time for both Toure and Manchester City to cash in on his performances of last season
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:37 am

I am prepared to cut a bloke that has just lost his brother a bit of slack. But not indefinitely; he has got to start telling the truth.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:40 am

john@staustell wrote:
BookJunior wrote:

Get shut of him.

As someone else said it didnt stop him having 5 days in Qatar pissing about, presumably working out his transfer to PSG.

The irony is, a quick 70 or 80M transfer now would put us in one hell of a good position.

70-80 million?!

We wouldn't get that in Turkish Lira, mate!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:49 am

He is a footballer, Interesting to see how this plays, maybe a poll or two.

Staying Yes/No, Asking for a transfer Yes/No, PSG/Barca Yes/No.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:53 am

Firstly, I didn't forgive Hermann and neither did many others, so I'm not sure it's relevant. And we got shut the first time we could on reasonable terms.

Whilst Toure has been instrumental and can change a game in seconds, I'm going to throw this out there and wait for the abuse, but I honestly can't decide...

If Toure had been replaced by a player who gave us 8/10 for 90 minutes, rather than a player who coasts through games but gives a few minutes brilliance in each, would we have been better or worse?

On the grounds there's only one Yaya but other teams win things, and bigger things than we've won yet, he's certainly not irreplaceable, but it would need a top quality player to do it.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:24 am

If we had somebody as good or better than Yaya, who was able to score in most crucial games we play, then it's fair to say we would have been equally successful.

But we haven't, nor have we even come close to signing anyone of that description. Not only that, but Chelsea, Barca & Real Madrid haven't signed anyone who fits that description either. They have all spent fucking fortunes, but take out Messi & Ronaldo, & none of those clubs has been able to sign a player who can do for them, what Yaya has done for us.

So while you are all screaming & stmping your feet like big fucking kids, think about it.

If he goes,. we may look a lot fitter in midfield. Like Liverpool.

Fucking grow up, & let's see what THE CLUB does, in the best interests of THE CLUB & backing that decision, whatever it may be, rather than behaving like a bunch of fucking offended ballet dancers & making your decision from that angle, you bunch of wusses.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:49 am

anyone else cheer when gorgeous george slotted home that pen last night?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 pm

shocker. PSG are stepping up interest in Yaya...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 pm

phips wrote:shocker. PSG are stepping up interest in Yaya...

Good. Had enough of all this drama.

Use the money to buy a top notch youngster for the future (Barkley, Draxler, et al), get Milner signed up to a new deal and play him in the centre, rotating with Fernando (when he finally signs). Job done.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If we had somebody as good or better than Yaya, who was able to score in most crucial games we play, then it's fair to say we would have been equally successful.

But we haven't, nor have we even come close to signing anyone of that description. Not only that, but Chelsea, Barca & Real Madrid haven't signed anyone who fits that description either. They have all spent fucking fortunes, but take out Messi & Ronaldo, & none of those clubs has been able to sign a player who can do for them, what Yaya has done for us.

So while you are all screaming & stmping your feet like big fucking kids, think about it.

If he goes,. we may look a lot fitter in midfield. Like Liverpool.

Fucking grow up, & let's see what THE CLUB does, in the best interests of THE CLUB & backing that decision, whatever it may be, rather than behaving like a bunch of fucking offended ballet dancers & making your decision from that angle, you bunch of wusses.

Are you on fuckign drugs or what ? every fucking time this player fucks the club you defend him , you cant stop yourself , even when the evidence is there for all to see you change it from "its all bollocks" to "well who cares as long as we win matches with him in the side"

FUCK OFF TED , the guys a fucking cunt and needs to be brought to book over the CONSTANT slagging off of MY CLUB.

I hope we sell the whinging thick bastard.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Avalon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm tired of this as well. Yaya can fuck off, in my opinion. As long as the price is right. Otherwise, he can be a little bitch with the EDS and sit on the bench for all I care. Bayern, Real and Barcelona can win the CL without him, Atletico got into the final without him, so he's not as high and mighty as people think he is.
Will he be a loss? Yeah. Can he be replaced? Absolutely!
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:05 pm

I fucling didn't. And Yaya needs to withdraw the slander or he will be in trouble.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum