City Owners in £1B Manchester homes investment plan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City Owners in £1B Manchester homes investment plan

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:06 am

https://bdaily.co.uk/business-in-sport/ ... sing-plan/

Manchester City Council and Abu Dhabi United Group, the privately owned investment company which also owns Manchester City Football Club, have announced a major new partnership to accelerate the growth of East Manchester neighbourhoods with over 830 new homes.

The plan will need to raise £1 billion in the next 10 years and may need further investors to build the homes.

The partnership will see, as Phase One of the programme, the provision of more than 830 homes in Ancoats and New Islington, bringing significant impetus to both areas and helping to complete their redevelopment.

The predominantly privately rented homes will strengthen Manchester’s economic growth trajectory by providing much needed residential units, helping the city achieve its Residential Growth Strategy to build tens of thousands of new homes by 2027.

The multi phased Manchester Life initiative, foresees investment of up to £1 billion over the next 10 years, with provision for further multiple investors. It will expand the residential market on the eastern fringe of the city, providing a platform for the delivery of more than 6,000 new homes.

Manchester Life Development Company, a joint venture between the two partners will be established to oversee the development.

Following the completion and approval of Phase One development plans, construction work is expected to begin next year.

All of the land which is required for Phase One of Manchester Life has been assembled, allowing immediate progress.

Sir Richard Leese, leader of Manchester City Council, said: “Today’s announcement adds another commercial dimension to the already significant investment made by Manchester City Council and ADUG in East Manchester, and in doing so progresses the regeneration story which began in the 1990’s and was accelerated by the 2002 Commonwealth Games and ADUG’s recent development of the Etihad Campus.

“The planned transformation of the eastern edge of the City Centre is the single biggest residential investment Manchester has seen for a generation.

"Building thousands of quality new homes will be a fundamental part of our growth story and will deliver significant socioeconomic impact.

"We look forward to working with Abu Dhabi United Group to create a world class exemplar of regeneration."

Speaking on behalf of the Abu Dhabi United Group, board director, Marty Edelman said, “ADUG, through Manchester City Football Club, has come to know Manchester City Council’s vision for regeneration and its ability to deliver major initiatives effectively.

"Given Abu Dhabi United Group’s existing long term commitment to Manchester and the Council’s economic growth plan, it was a logical decision to look at ways to create a commercial partnership with the city to deliver its wider residential strategy.

"We are effectively investing in the opportunities and positive circumstances created by our joint investments to date. We are extremely proud of the resulting Manchester Life joint initiative that will complete the transformation of the Ancoats and New Islington areas".
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: City Owners in £1B Manchester homes investment plan

Postby Bluedj » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 am

Our owners are just incredible........another subject to bash scum fans with and ask them "What has their club done for the local community?"
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 am

Let's be fair here and remember that this will only be done with a profit driven motive - although on the flip side they could easily have invested their money elsewhere.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:49 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Let's be fair here and remember that this will only be done with a profit driven motive - although on the flip side they could easily have invested their money elsewhere.

If society benefits then who gives a shit if someone's making a profit?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:24 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:Let's be fair here and remember that this will only be done with a profit driven motive - although on the flip side they could easily have invested their money elsewhere.

Twatini
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Totally agree, just saying let's not get it out of perspective and believe this is a philanthropic gesture. It's another feather in their cap though to be sure, and certainly leaves you more proud of what the clubs owners are doing in the area.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:05 pm

That's where the fans will live for the next phase of stadium expansion ;-)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 pm

But I thought our owners were going to fuck off soon ???, every fuckign mongoloid fan has told me so.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:But I thought our owners were going to fuck off soon ???, every fuckign mongoloid fan has told me so.

I believe it's "When they get bored of their new toy".

All this investment and development is merely Barbie's Dreamhouse accessories.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:But I thought our owners were going to fuck off soon ???, every fuckign mongoloid fan has told me so.

This is the proof that he's already bored with City and is looking for other things to do.

Has anyone asked Wenger what he thinks?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Couldn't find the stadium thread, so thought here would do. Hopefully it works, as I've not tried this on the mobile site before. If not, it's on the City channel and should be interesting for all the Bob the Builders.

The Etihad Stadium Expansion Plans | Second phase: http://youtu.be/9PQgL0ZvmnU

Not sure what's going to happen to the stage and the City Store when they do that at the other end
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Couldn't find the stadium thread, so thought here would do. Hopefully it works, as I've not tried this on the mobile site before. If not, it's on the City channel and should be interesting for all the Bob the Builders.

The Etihad Stadium Expansion Plans | Second phase: http://youtu.be/9PQgL0ZvmnU

Not sure what's going to happen to the stage and the City Store when they do that at the other end

might be a good idea to use the extra space taken up by building a new City store into stadium structure
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:43 pm

The stadium video is mint. Love the way you see it developing alongside the original structure. Fantastic. Lets start 2015 with the new stand with a pot to show off. Or two
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:The stadium video is mint. Love the way you see it developing alongside the original structure. Fantastic. Lets start 2015 with the new stand with a pot to show off. Or two

Agree.

Investment breeds investment. At all levels. Good for Manc . Better than having politicians screw up.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:00 am

Well, that's FFP overspent then.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Wow. That videos brilliant. I couldn't work out how they were going to do it without closing stands and mass disruption but the video answers everything.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:28 pm

ruralblue wrote:Wow. That videos brilliant. I couldn't work out how they were going to do it without closing stands and mass disruption but the video answers everything.

Pretty nifty video that isn't it, very impressive!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum