Monday's B****x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B****x

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:08 am

THE BOLLOX

City to snub Albion's loan bid
West Brom will reportedly have to pay out big money if they want to sign Jack Rodwell because Manchester City will not loan him out.
New Baggies boss Alan Irvine has already hinted he would like to work with the midfield starlet again, having helped him come through the ranks at Everton.
The Baggies have hinted at a loan deal but City have already made it clear to Rodwell's camp that they would need to raise cash to find his replacement.
The Premier League champions were recently hit by a £49million net spending cap by UEFA for failing its Financial Fair Play rulings.
The 23-year-old has been plagued with injuries ever since his £16million move from Goodison Park two years ago and a move may appeal as he looks to get his career back on track.
Ironically, the Everton are also keen, but City want the majority of their money back and are demanding a fee in the region of £10million.

Manchester City bid £45m for United target Arturo Vidal
It was thought in February that Manchester United had no chance of landing midfielder Arturo Vidal from Juventus in the summer. Then in mid-May it seemed like a deal for Arturo Vidal was back on, and it was Sir Alex Ferguson, yes the legend himself, managing the transaction. Fergie was rumored to be negotiating the shocking £26-million bid for the Juventus star.
Now it appears the price is higher than that. Much much higher as Manchester City have entered the race to acquire his signature.
From the Daily Star:
“City switched targets after becoming frustrated in their pursuit of Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fernandinho.
They were ready to pay £25m but the Ukraine club want £40m.
Vidal, however, would be even more expensive after Juve rejected a £35m bid from Champions League winners Bayern Munich.”
So we’ll see what happens in the Vidal race, he’s been long linked to United. But it could be the blue side of Manchester where he ends up after all.

World Cup 2014: Steven Gerrard says Harry Redknapp should talk
Chief football writer in Rio de Janeiro England captain Steven Gerrard has called on Harry Redknapp to name names after he claimed players tried to avoid international duty when he was in charge at Tottenham.
QPR boss Redknapp told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme: "They'd come to me 10 days before the game and say 'gaffer get me out of the game. I don't want to play in it'."
Gerrard, speaking as England prepare to play their final World Cup game against Costa Rica in Belo Horizonte, said: "I'll tell you what - I'd be interested to find out who those players are.
"If Harry is making a comment like that he should name them and embarrass them. No-one in this group wants to go home - no one."
Redknapp was giving his thoughts on the national team following England's elimination from the 2014 Fifa World Cup after just two group games.
Gerrard, who stressed he had spoken to Jermain Defoe and said that the former Spurs striker was "devastated" not to be at the World Cup, said: "Should Harry not name them? If he's not naming them I can't answer. If it's the case it's disgusting.
"For me, if a player doesn't want to be here, he doesn't deserve to be here at a World Cup.
"Who? Name them. I don't know who he means. Five years ago? Ten years ago?"
Redknapp, who managed Tottenham between 2008 and 2012, insists he told the players they should want to represent England. But Gerrard was clearly infuriated by suggestions some had actively tried to avoid England duty.
The 34-year-old Liverpool midfielder, who won his 113th cap in Thursday's 2-1 defeat by Uruguay, said: "I can understand why you have asked the question with Harry Redknapp being a big coach in the game but we need names. I can guarantee you that it's not here in this squad.
"When you go down into the younger age groups, they're younger lads and might not want to be away from their families. But when you're picked at this level and find any excuse not to be here, you don't deserve to be here."
England manager Roy Hodgson said: "In the two years I've been here, I've seen a greater interest in playing for England, so Harry's comments come as a bit of a surprise to me. If you make comments like that, you have to name them."
Earlier Gerrard had said he was "hurting and broken" following England's exit. He said he needed time to consider whether to continue his international career.

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Hull City manager Steve Bruce wants to be the next England boss. Sun

Former England striker Alan Shearer says the Three Lions have slipped so far that they are now among the world's also-rans and Group D leaders Costa Rica should expect to beat Roy Hodgson's team in their final World Cup game. Sun

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has joined England on the World Cup casualty list after his accreditation was revoked for letting someone else use it. DSSC

Iran have filed a complaint to Fifa against Serbian referee Milorad Mazic, for what they deem to be poor officiating during their 1-0 defeat by Argentina. IRNA

Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal says Fifa is guilty of a lack of "fair play" over the scheduling of World Cup fixtures. DSSC

Costa Rica midfielder Celso Borges says being selfless and solid has helped Los Ticos overcome their more illustrious opponents at the World Cup. Guardian

Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque says he thinks of everyone, while players only think of themselves, after his argument with Cesc Fabregas over the 27-year-old Chelsea midfielder's role at the World Cup. Marca (in Spanish)

France coach Didier Deschamps says there is no question of his Group E leaders slowing down at the World Cup. L'Equipe (in French)

Fifa is looking into photographs of fans wearing black make-up at Germany's World Cup game against Ghana. FourFourTwo

Spanish fans have called for a generational change in the national team after their poor performance and early exit from the World Cup. As.com

Barcelona are no longer interested in Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala, but the 23-year-old remains a target for Chelsea and Manchester United. Daily Star

Manchester United are ready to spend £6m on AC Milan's 29 year-old Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong. Tuttosport

Mexican striker Carlos Vela, 25, will not return to Arsenal and has signed a new contract with Spanish side Real Sociedad. Daily Express

Tottenham are set to make a £5m bid for Divock Origi after the 19-year-old Lille striker scored Belgium's winning goal against Russia at the World Cup. DSSC

West Brom are leading the race to sign Chelsea forward Victor Moses, 23, who could otherwise be set for a season on the sidelines at Stamford Bridge after failing to make an impression on loan at Liverpool last term. Sun

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has bid £8m for Feyenoord frontman Graziano Pelle, 28, who scored 50 goals in the last two seasons playing under the Dutchman. Daily Mirror

QPR have made enquiries for Toulouse right-back Serge Aurier, 21, who is also being tracked by Arsenal and Tottenham. Daily Mail

Celtic are considering a move for Sheffield United's Scotland Under-21 midfielder Stefan Scougall. Daily Express

Swansea have beaten Newcastle to the signing of free agent of 28-year-old France striker Bafetimbi Gomis, following his release by Lyon. Daily Express

Barcelona have made an offer of £68m for Liverpool's 27 year-old Uruguyan striker Luis Suarez. Bild

Meanwhile, Uruguay team-mate Diego Forlan says compatriot Suarez would perform very well with Real Madrid. As.com

Manchester United and Tottenham are competing for the "new Cristiano Ronaldo", Memphis Depay, 20, who currently plays for PSV Eindhoven. Bild

Real Madrid would be willing to pay £32m for Paris Saint-Germain's Marco Verratti but the French club is asking for Karim Benzema, 26, and Angel di Maria, 26, in exchange for the 21 year-old Italian midfielder, As.com

Valencia are demanding a £16m transfer fee from Barcelona for their 30 year-old French defender Jeremy Mathieu. Marca (in Spanish)

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson says Roy Hodgson only retained his job as national coach because he is English. Daily Telegraph

Midfielder Marouane Fellaini grabbed a twitpic with King Philippe of Belgium following the 1-0 win against Russia on Sunday and thanked the monarch for his support of the team.

Iranian social media users have launched a "Carlos Queiroz should stay" campaign after the coach announced he would be stepping down soon after the World Cup due to lack of finances. Facebook

Brazil's tournament-opening game against Croatia is the most talked-about match of the World Cup so far on Facebook, with 58 million unique views and 140 million interactions. England's match against Uruguay is fourth. L'Equipe

Fans lit flares in Algiers as Algeria became the first African nation to score four goals in a World Cup encounter by beating South Korea 4-2. JOE.ie

Sir Patrick Stewart may have been born in England, but the former Star Trek actor posted a selfie of himself on twitter championing the United States before their 2-2 draw with Portugal.

One journalist had mosquito repellent taken away by World Cup stadium security in Brazil, with the explanation: "We don't allow mosquitoes here". Five minutes later he was bitten. DSSC

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, was filmed playing for Chelsea - on computer game Football Manager. Metro

MORE BOLLOX SHORTLY
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B****x

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:41 am

Thanx Chinners.

The MUEN are pushing the DeJong angle but Peter (rag) Spencer has phrased it in tabloid fashion that DeJong 'should' be signing for Utd & Woodwrd 'knows' DeJong would be the right man etc.

For what it's worth, I think he would be a perfect signing for them & would have been a perfect signing for City last season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Thanx Chinners.

The MUEN are pushing the DeJong angle but Peter (rag) Spencer has phrased it in tabloid fashion that DeJong 'should' be signing for Utd & Woodwrd 'knows' DeJong would be the right man etc.

For what it's worth, I think he would be a perfect signing for them & would have been a perfect signing for City last season.

I would agree with that, and found it odd to stumble across a rag facebook group where my rag mate (who is actually fairly even handed and knowledgeable) had commented that De Jong was past it and beneath United, who were only interested because it was a cut price deal.

I found his view pretty poorly thought out - as De Jong could do a job for any of the top premier league sides - in fact in our current system I would have him back in a shot despite the fact I always felt he was one dimensional, because what we lose with him in the team sitting in front of the defence, we would gain by pushing yaya and fernandinho further forwards.

However, to even that view out, in United's case I think for De Jong to fit in, you have to accept that he will contribute zero in an attacking sense, which means your other central midfielders have to be better than average going forwards. I don't think United, even with Mata, have that at present and as such De Jong would help the defence, but the forward players would end up somewhat isolated.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:19 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Thanx Chinners.

I would agree with that, and found it odd to stumble across a rag facebook group where my rag mate (who is actually fairly even handed and knowledgeable) had commented that De Jong was past it and beneath United, who were only interested because it was a cut price deal.

I found his view pretty poorly thought out - as De Jong could do a job for any of the top premier league sides - in fact in our current system I would have him back in a shot despite the fact I always felt he was one dimensional, because what we lose with him in the team sitting in front of the defence, we would gain by pushing yaya and fernandinho further forwards.

However, to even that view out, in United's case I think for De Jong to fit in, you have to accept that he will contribute zero in an attacking sense, which means your other central midfielders have to be better than average going forwards. I don't think United, even with Mata, have that at present and as such De Jong would help the defence, but the forward players would end up somewhat isolated.

He is the foundation to build a midfield on though. Teach the others to work hard & cover around Nige, let him kill the danger, & suddenly you are on top.

I don't think it's a really fair criticism often levelled that DeJong contributes nothing in an attacking sense either (even though I've probably said it myself). Really it's like questioning why we have Silva, in spite of him not scoring many goals. If DeJong (or Barry) intercept a ball or make a tackle preventing a move which was about to turn us around, then pass it to Silva etc, then 20 passes later it ends up as a goal, their part in the attack is as crucial as anyone else, including the scorer. They are brilliant at that aspect; turning great danger into opportunity. Of course, if you can choose Colin Bell to do that, then get forward & score 20 goals as well, then you pick him over Nige but there are no such players. A DeJong/Barry has to be focused on being there for that split second when it's needed, & getting a foot in.

Also, in the famous FA Cup semi v Utd, it was DeJong & Barry (plus Mancini) who won us the game; when Bob pushed them forward to press on Scholes etc. That was an attacking, not a defensive move.

Some players, like Hazard, Yaya etc, can win a game on their own, out of nothing, no matter how the team plays. Imo others, like Nige, Barry & even Silva, can normally only win a game if at least some of the team help them out, & the formation suits them etc. Without that, they are fairly shit & exposed, but when those things are in place, they are amongst the best in the World at their jobs & few can match what they do.

I'm hoping Fernando is the same level.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:24 am

I really can't see DeJong wanting to play for them. Why would any player want to see out their career on a low?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:50 am

Chinners wrote:I really can't see DeJong wanting to play for them. Why would any player want to see out their career on a low?

Is there stil no 'like' button on the new site?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:45 pm

rodwell still plays for us?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Careful you will have Googlapple claiming Patent infringement with a 'Like' button.

Perhaps some other icons though like a doorknob, to quickly pass opinion or show disapprovement?

:-)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Calmly started the move on the floor...whereas others would have hoofed it...ending in "Aguerrrrrrrooooooooooooo"

He's not a stiff. Hr can play the game. If we don't sign Fernando we should invite him back.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:rodwell still plays for us?

I'm not sure I'd describe it as 'plays'...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:rodwell still plays for us?

I'm not sure I'd describe it as 'plays'...

"Attends" ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:48 pm

appears pellegrini is at the chile v. netherlands match now.

he is chilean but would love to land vidal.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm confused by the Vidal article talking about Fernandinho? '“City switched targets after becoming frustrated in their pursuit of Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fernandinho.
Vidal, however, would be even more expensive after Juve rejected a £35m bid from Champions League winners Bayern Munich.”

That new BOLLOX font is scary.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 am

Woooow Vidal, i love that player and he would be a step closer to great defense and better connection from defense to attack.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I'm confused by the Vidal article talking about Fernandinho? '“City switched targets after becoming frustrated in their pursuit of Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fernandinho.

That new BOLLOX font is scary.

Yes that threw me thought it was historical bollox - the Fernandinho who we bought from Shakhtar last year?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum