Klose

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Klose

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:46 pm

What a legend. As a pundit on TV said yesterday, an anonymous world star. I hope he gets one more.

Watch on youtube.com

Also: Dubstep
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Re: Klose

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:What a legend. As a pundit on TV said yesterday, an anonymous world star. I hope he gets one more.

Watch on youtube.com

Any idea why that video was recorded through a mirror?

I don't particularly rate Klose, he scores goals, important goals, frequently though and seems to always pop up when they need him the most.

If you are centre forward for a team who will reach the quarter finals every tournament without fail, then you will get a minimum of 20 games over a 12 year / 4 World Cup career, plenty of time to punish shit teams in the groups.

Makes Rooney's and England's wank showings all the more disappointing when you put it like that.

Muller will be the next one to equal the record
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:What a legend. As a pundit on TV said yesterday, an anonymous world star. I hope he gets one more.

Watch on youtube.com

Any idea why that video was recorded through a mirror?

I don't particularly rate Klose, he scores goals, important goals, frequently though and seems to always pop up when they need him the most.

If you are centre forward for a team who will reach the quarter finals every tournament without fail, then you will get a minimum of 20 games over a 12 year / 4 World Cup career, plenty of time to punish shit teams in the groups.

Makes Rooney's and England's wank showings all the more disappointing when you put it like that.

Muller will be the next one to equal the record

You make it sound so easy to be chosen for four world cups in a row :). I get your sentiment though and yeah, it also helps if you play for a manager that trusts you and will pick you even after your career is moving downhill. Under Löw, Germany has always been scoring a lot as well so... but from that youtube video (I have no idea about the quality) it seems he scored like almost half of those goals in two games, which helps. I like Klose though, he just shuts up (it seems that way anyway, I could be wrong) and does his thing. He's not spectacular in any way, just a poacher.

Interesting stat is that both Klose and Ronaldo scored their 15th goal against Ghana, in 2006 and 2014 respectively. There are rumours about match fixing for the game between Brazil and Ghana in 2006 though, which would explain the high backline Ghana used for that game.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:45 pm

The germans had a saying: Dann der famose Miro Klose

Legend
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Legend? The guy fitted in some very talented teams. Not fit to lace Ronaldo's boots. A fraud.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:59 am

One of the all time greats having his record taken by Klose? Reminds me of Australia's WC record score of 31-0.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby TomS » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 am

Really fitted a few proper Teams so far, even played three years for my lovely Werder Bremen.....
Main Point we Germans are surprised that he sits on the bench (for the 2nd time) and isn´t moaning.
Coming on and doing his Business, not that bad.....
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby The Italian Job » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:51 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Legend? The guy fitted in some very talented teams. Not fit to lace Ronaldo's boots. A fraud.

Harsh, the 2002 team was dire & he scored 5 goals, all headers! He is not remembered as a top player, because he was at Werder during his prime. A reliable goalscorer & teamplayer.

Not nearly as talented as some other strikers, to be sure, but then that's not what a scoring record is about.
The Italian Job
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: El City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Couldn't agree more Italian Job (quote function not working, again)

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:12 pm

I wish he was playing against Italy that Tap in rug head missed would have hit the net before the keeper who stood in the middle of the goals could have moved.
4 W.Cups, he is a fantastic finisher and still doing it better than most.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:59 am

Chinners wrote:Image

Is German, we know what "legends" they have.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:34 pm

15 goals in world cup finals?

Over Four seperate tournaments

The joint most ever?

And there are folks who denigrate his achievements. Shrek, Sturridge et all would take years to score half that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:41 am

nottsblue wrote:15 goals in world cup finals?

Over Four seperate tournaments

The joint most ever?

And there are folks who denigrate his achievements. Shrek, Sturridge et all would take years to score half that

The three top goal scores to have to have made four World Cups squads are Ronaldo, Klose and Pele.

Ronaldo 15 goals/19 games
Klose 15 goals/20 games
Pele 12 goals/14 games
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum