Negredo to Madrid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Negredo to Madrid

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:26 am

So apparently Athletico want him. We always say that their NEXT striker is the man you need to sign, well we have him already. So two questions:
1) Do we let him go? And if yes
2) What fee? Is he worth more than we paid for him?
And 3) Replacement?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: Negredo to Madrid

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:29 am

Nyet.

We shouldn't sell any of our strikers.

Focus on CB and a creative mid.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:24 pm

It's been suggested that Negredo hasn't settled and wants out. That has to come into the equation. If we play two up top most of the time we need four strikers IMO especially in view of the injury problems of Sergio and Jovetic. The question is who could replace him; if we can't identify a replacement for the 20 million I dare say we'll hang on to him.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:36 pm

if we could replace him with lukaku i'd be keen
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Misleading title aside......

Absolutely not, he will retain his title of the beast again this season in manchester. I don't his shoulder recovered fully which gave him a confidence knock IMO, worried it would jar again.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:17 pm

It's the first I've heard if him not settling; all his interviews state the opposite. Of course it is possible his family didn't settle, but with so many Spaniards here that would be strange. If he does go we should expect back at least what we paid, but seriously I think we will see him in July with Yaya, Milner, Jovotic and the rest.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It's the first I've heard if him not settling; all his interviews state the opposite. Of course it is possible his family didn't settle, but with so many Spaniards here that would be strange. If he does go we should expect back at least what we paid, but seriously I think we will see him in July with Yaya, Milner, Jovotic and the rest.

Yeah, i'm sure he'd have no problem getting a beer in the pubs in town either.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It's the first I've heard if him not settling; all his interviews state the opposite. Of course it is possible his family didn't settle, but with so many Spaniards here that would be strange. If he does go we should expect back at least what we paid, but seriously I think we will see him in July with Yaya, Milner, Jovotic and the rest.

he looks like a yates/wetherspoons regular.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:34 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
zuricity wrote:

he looks like a yates/wetherspoons regular.

It's summat to do with what his agent said.

Never heard that before!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby twosips » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:if we could replace him with lukaku i'd be keen

Lukaku, though decent, is nowhere near intelligent enough to play as a forward for Man City in my opinion. He's a big battering ram, sure, but he's basically a good Andy Carroll, and that's still not enough for us.

Best thing about Negredo early on for us was how good his overall game was - his link up play, some of his passing and the variety of his goals. He had it all. At his best Negredo is a much, much better player. Lukaku has a very long way to go to be good enough for City.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Give him another season.
First half of the season he was sensational, as good as anyone. Second half he was a mix of Samaras and Corradi.
The worrying thing was that even when Edin or Sergio plays badly they still get involved in the game, they just end up missing lots of chances. With Negredo he completely went missing which is unacceptable at any level.

He'll have to earn his place back though, it would be very unfair to drop Edin after the way he ended last season.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Not surprised. No way was that loss of form to do with his shoulder, a ridiculous view. There was something wrong with his head.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Lukaku is a bit more than a good Andy Carroll for my money. He's a joy to watch when on form. Is he home grown? If slid be tempted to go after him if it was a similar deal to what we'd be selling neggers for.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I never totally took to the beast. I guess I felt that he stole Edin's place and because I wanted Edin I felt a bit possessive about the situation.

But enough of my issues. Neggers completely, and I mean completely, lost his head after his injury. If he wants to go he can go. He's not the number 1 striker at the club and whilst Sergio is fit he never will be. He'll certainly be number1 at Atletico.

An interesting decision for him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 am

GET THAT MAN A CAKE!!!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:09 am

CTID Hants wrote:Misleading title aside......

Absolutely not, he will retain his title of the beast again this season in manchester. I don't his shoulder recovered fully which gave him a confidence knock IMO, worried it would jar again.

What is misleading about it? Athletico are reportedly interested, and they play in Madrid last time I checked.

I am not sure it's the shoulder that is the problem. He looked great first part of the season then turned to complete dog shit. Very odd.
I hope Jovetic will feature loads more this season
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:08 am

Me too. Neggers I hope was nursing an injury because the second half of his season was corradi-esque. If he has just been figured out as most imports do, then he'll have to work his arse off to respond or spend his time facing league cup sides.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:50 am

I expect MP to be in control of this.He will know whether Negredo's poor form in the 2nd half of the season was down to injury or maybe that he wasn't too settled and even got found out a bit in the prem. Can't see him being allowed to leave unless MP is happy with it and we have a replacement lined up as I do think we need 4 strikers.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:08 am

I wouldn't actively seek to sell him but if we could get £20m plus for a 29 year old, and Manuel had a replacement lined up, I would strongly consider it.

All of Negredo's big performances and most of his goals came at home last season, and away he was a different player. From January onwards he was absolutely woeful, there's no getting around it - whether this was due to carrying an injury, homesickness or being figured out god knows. If he is crushed at not making the Spain squad he only had himself to blame, as he barely merited a place on the bench in the last 3 months he was that out of touch.

As an aside, Chelsea would never sell us Lukaku in a million years so that wouldn't be an option anyway.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:20 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I expect MP to be in control of this.He will know whether Negredo's poor form in the 2nd half of the season was down to injury or maybe that he wasn't too settled and even got found out a bit in the prem. Can't see him being allowed to leave unless MP is happy with it and we have a replacement lined up as I do think we need 4 strikers.

Exactly, although I really do like Negredo and I'd be gutted to see him leave.

At his age, we could now see the best couple of years of his career.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum