Negredo to Madrid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Negredo to Madrid

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 am

no.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:29 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I expect MP to be in control of this.He will know whether Negredo's poor form in the 2nd half of the season was down to injury or maybe that he wasn't too settled and even got found out a bit in the prem. Can't see him being allowed to leave unless MP is happy with it and we have a replacement lined up as I do think we need 4 strikers.

Agree with this.

The Count will know if there was a particular reason for Negredo turning to shit. If he turned to shit for no particular reason, that would also be something to consider & possibly more worrying.

If a player like Falcao for instance genuinely became available, as per rumours, then deals like Negredo to Atletico, Rodwell to wherever, Micah etc, become crucial due to the transfer sanctions, if we suddenly want to shell out an unexpected 35 mil. This may also be a consideration anyway, depending on which deals the club already has lined up.

Not sure it would have to be an out & out goalscorer to replace Negredo, as his league record is only 9 goals. Fabregas will probably top that for Chelsea.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:27 am

What's happened to Negredo is not unusual with many players who enter the Prem and maybe it's a little early to judge. Often foreign and even younger players burst onto the scene and a hugely successful. For a variety of reasons, they fade, with the better ones rising again.

Players/coaches learn to deal with them and their threat, then the successful players overcome that and rise again.

Maybe we should be looking at and judging how MP and Negredo react during the months ahead.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:56 am

So his agent has just realised he's paid less than everybody else. Another 20k please.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:17 am

Id wager his shit loss of form had fuckall to do with his injury , especially an injury on his shoulder.
I wouldn't gamble on a 20 million player that was utter, utter shite for half the season regaining his form from the first part of the season , when we can get our money back.

Id sell him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:35 pm

His drop in form was crazy, he was on fire, and bang SH1T, I would cash in he will be worth half that by Jan, lucky to loan him out and cough up half his wages., I also think he might be is sussed out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:09 pm

I don't believe he was sussed out. He was just shit. A yard slower, first touch like the Yorkshire ripper, greedy, crap at heading & finishing like Vassell. Basically Costa for Spain.

When he showed even a hint of 'Beast' right at the end he looked just as good as ever.

Count will have to figure out why.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Confident that he will get himself back to his best. I think he compliments our team and brings something extra when on form. What was it, 23 goals up until the end of January, only second to Aguero who had around 26 (Edin on around 18). He just seemed to run-out of steam (plus injury) and is it really a wonder that it coincided with Sergio getting injured, a striking partnership that was beginning to blossom.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Id wager his shit loss of form had fuckall to do with his injury , especially an injury on his shoulder.
I wouldn't gamble on a 20 million player that was utter, utter shite for half the season regaining his form from the first part of the season , when we can get our money back.

Id sell him.

Nailed it correctly again Carl. Some try to cover their tracks, but you boldy go where no one wants to go.

If they really are offering big dosh we should take it.

i don't want to be wondering , come Christmas time if he is going to get his form back.
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Not sell him imo. He has just spent a year getting used to a new country and club and team mates and style of play. Yes he was poor after January, but let us forgive him that due to his superb opening four months. That has earned him another season in my view. If he doesn't cut the mustard next season then sell him then.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby michaelcityfan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Give him another go this season if no go then sell him.in the winter window.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:00 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Id wager his shit loss of form had fuckall to do with his injury , especially an injury on his shoulder.

Id sell him.

Nailed it correctly again Carl. Some try to cover their tracks, but you boldy go where no one wants to go.

If they really are offering big dosh we should take it.

i don't want to be wondering , come Christmas time if he is going to get his form back.

The gamble keeping him will cost us 10 million plus his wages imo, as no club will offer more than 10 million back for him, especially if he carries on playing the way he has done.

Big big gamble by City if we keep him especially with financial fair play on the line.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:43 am

Di Marzio tweeting that Atletico have offered 15 million euros and City are considering the bid. Surely too low but may be an opening shot. My gut tells me he's on his way but only if we have in mind an alternative and can get him at a reasonable price. Not easy.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:47 am

I'd have no problem keeping negredo for another season.

look at his goal scoring record over the last 4 years or so in the best leagues in the world. Don't just pick out three or four months ffs.

Plus
Off Topic
hi
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 am

I'd have no problem keeping negredo for another season.

look at his goal scoring record over the last 4 years or so in the best leagues in the world. Don't just pick out three or four months ffs.

Plus
Off Topic
hi
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't believe he was sussed out. He was just shit. A yard slower, first touch like the Yorkshire ripper, greedy, crap at heading & finishing like Vassell. Basically Costa for Spain.

When he showed even a hint of 'Beast' right at the end he looked just as good as ever.

Ted he was shite on the Road and after WHUFC L.Cup was his last performance, he never looked anything but lethargic.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I don't believe he was sussed out. He was just shit. A yard slower, first touch like the Yorkshire ripper, greedy, crap at heading & finishing like Vassell. Basically Costa for Spain.

Ted he was shite on the Road and after WHUFC L.Cup was his last performance, he never looked anything but lethargic.

As I said; he was shite.

Doesn't mean he will always be. Pellegrini has to figure that out. It does seem a bit too much of a coincidence that he got that shoulder injury & then never regained his form. Seems pretty obvious that there was a connection, but how much of it was physical & how much a lack of mental toughness I don't know.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is some truth in stories about Txiki sniffing around DiMaria, Sanchez etc. If a deal like that did open up, then Negredo may be the one sacrificed to pay for it, but of course Milner could be on his way & he plus Micah, Rodwell, maybe Garcia, would probably balance that out.

Interesting times coming up. Transfer window opens next week.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:32 am

If you sell him, then we need to have the cash ready for Lukaku. No questions asked. We need a player like that, no some injury prone like Falcao is.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:If you sell him, then we need to have the cash ready for Lukaku. No questions asked. We need a player like that, no some injury prone like Falcao is.

I'm actually quite interested in Origi, after a couple of decent cameos coming on as a sub for Lukaku in Brazil. Never heard of him before. He's got some serious pace and seems to play intelligently for a 19 year old.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby The Italian Job » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It does seem a bit too much of a coincidence that he got that shoulder injury & then never regained his form. Seems pretty obvious that there was a connection, but how much of it was physical & how much a lack of mental toughness I don't know.

His drop in form also coincided with his first ever lack of a proper winter break. Could always be a combination of different factors of course, but one thing I don't buy is sth like this:

nottsblue wrote:Not sell him imo. He has just spent a year getting used to a new country and club and team mates and style of play. Yes he was poor after January, but let us forgive him that due to his superb opening four months. That has earned him another season in my view. If he doesn't cut the mustard next season then sell him then.

How the feck do you work that one out? Wasn't he the bomb upon arrival & THEN got shit? If a player gets progressively worse the more he gets "used to a new country and club and team mates and style of play", we should definitely get rid of him asap.
The Italian Job
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: El City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum