New website and forum launched

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New website and forum launched

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:31 pm

The quote button keeps disappearing and reappearing. Yesterday I cleared all the cookies and after I logged in again, I could quote. Now, today, the quote button is gone again. All I can do is report a post, not quote it. Am I the only one having this problem and if not, how did you solve it?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby ruralblue » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Is there anyway to stop it opening up a new page on the browser each time I click on the homepage bookmark???

Yesterday I realised I had 72 browser pages open. 71 were mancityfans and one was a Delia recipe!

Cheers x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:The quote button keeps disappearing and reappearing. Yesterday I cleared all the cookies and after I logged in again, I could quote. Now, today, the quote button is gone again. All I can do is report a post, not quote it. Am I the only one having this problem and if not, how did you solve it?

The quote button appears when I'm browsing on pc by hovering my mouse over the post I want to quote, but I suspect you may be on mobile in which case I don't know.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:00 pm

The quote button appears when I'm browsing on pc by hovering my mouse over the post I want to quote, but I suspect you may be on mobile in which case I don't know.

Yeah it appears when I hover when it works, but like now, all I get when I hover a post is the exlamation mark for reporting a post. I want to make friends, not alienate them.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:46 pm

ruralblue wrote:Is there anyway to stop it opening up a new page on the browser each time I click on the homepage bookmark???

Yesterday I realised I had 72 browser pages open. 71 were mancityfans and one was a Delia recipe!

Cheers x

Delia recipe!

If you're on Android, no. And if it's opening in Chrome, you have to shut each tab down individually, which could be considered annoying. I just leave one tab open and don't bother with the shortcut. It'd be much easier if there was some sort of standalone version of this website which didn't use Chrome etc and was designed for use on a mobile...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:51 am

Right, so when I googled this site by accident, I came upon something called the executive suite which I didn't have access to. Is this where you plot to take over the world?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Right, so when I googled this site by accident, I came upon something called the executive suite which I didn't have access to. Is this where you plot to take over the world?

thats the place
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Right, so when I googled this site by accident, I came upon something called the executive suite which I didn't have access to. Is this where you plot to take over the world?

thats the place

I'll be hiding in the closet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:59 pm

thats the place

While you're in there, cna you see what happened to my quote button?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:32 pm

For those struggling with 3G data usages then I'd recommend turning off the signatures and avatars.

Go to user control panel > board preferences > Display options: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Then you can turn them off from that screen.

As some avatars are linking in some .gif movies downloading them will take a while on 3G.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:For those struggling with 3G data usages then I'd recommend turning off the signatures and avatars.

Go to user control panel > board preferences > Display options: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Then you can turn them off from that screen.

As some avatars are linking in some .gif movies downloading them will take a while on 3G.

thats a good call, I did this about 2 years ago and never bothered switching them back on
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Btw I want to add that having now used the site a bit more on my phone I've noticed I don't really miss the app.

There's some functionality which isn't ideal but hey ho. Works just fine overall

I will keep an eye on the battery consumption tho as that's my biggest worry
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Btw I want to add that having now used the site a bit more on my phone I've noticed I don't really miss the app.

There's some functionality which isn't ideal but hey ho. Works just fine overall

I will keep an eye on the battery consumption tho as that's my biggest worry

Idem ditto. The 3G issue is not that big of an issue, as I mostly use WiFi.
I do miss my T9, but that's probably down to my phone bening old and crap (do other android users manage to get spell check and T9 when writing post on the forum on your phones?).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:22 pm

I do miss my T9, but that's probably down to my phone bening old and crap (do other android users manage to get spell check and T9 when writing post on the forum on your phones?).

I get t9, I think it's your phone. Is it still called t9 by the way?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:39 pm

I have no idea whay it's called nowadays. Auto-correct?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:05 am

Could the button that takes you to the next unread post be enlargened? Even just a little bit bigger? With my fat fingers I think it's every 2nd or 3rd time that I click on the topic title instead :(
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Struggling a bit with new set up tbh , hope I can get used to it before the prem league starts . Posts and posters seem to have have dropped of aswell , maybe that's through holidays and the break ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:26 pm

This is traditionally a very slow time of year, although I had expected the WC to create a little bit more activity.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:15 am

mr_nool wrote:This is traditionally a very slow time of year, although I had expected the WC to create a little bit more activity.

Losing the app is probably part of it. I love this place and won't complain, but if I'm being completely honest I've been on quite a bit less since the app went. Just browsing habits on my phone I guess.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Could the button that takes you to the next unread post be enlargened? Even just a little bit bigger? With my fat fingers I think it's every 2nd or 3rd time that I click on the topic title instead :(

Please! Surely I am not the only one with this problem lol
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum