New website and forum launched

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New website and forum launched

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 am

Dubciteh wrote:How do I change Skins? I had the 'playin away' one which was ideal for work so that people didn't see man city every where.

Cheers

User Control Panel > Board Preferences. Scroll down to my board style and change it to playing away in the dropdown box.

WARNING: I haven't tested out any other theme so they might work or they might be a complete mess of html. It will be a couple of weeks before I get around to looking at them.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:08 am

craigmcfc wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:First of all a big well done to all those involved in the change. My only question is, there used to be an option at the top of the page to click on all threads that I have commented on, but this seems to have disappeared now. Has it gone for good or is it hidden somewhere else?

It's "view your posts" that's disappeared, though if I change from the new "mobile style" forum to any of the old ones it's still there

From any topic you have posted in click on your number of posts in the right hand side and it will bring them all up. search.php?author_id=3719&sr=posts

I think it's a similar page to how the old theme worked.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:09 am

MilnersJaw wrote:I miss the custom colour theme white I had set up :(.

If you mean the Playing Away theme then it should still be there if you change your board preferences.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:16 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:First of all a big well done to all those involved in the change. My only question is, there used to be an option at the top of the page to click on all threads that I have commented on, but this seems to have disappeared now. Has it gone for good or is it hidden somewhere else?

It's "view your posts" that's disappeared, though if I change from the new "mobile style" forum to any of the old ones it's still there

From any topic you have posted in click on your number of posts in the right hand side and it will bring them all up. search.php?author_id=3719&sr=posts

It's not really. That used to list all topics that I had posted in and whether there were any new posts whereas this just lists all my posts, not telling me about any new posts. Don't worry if it isn't going to be included, just wanted to know either way.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Seems to be a problem with the Lescott to WBA thread. Not showing the last post when you go in, from DCA (new poster?).

I can see his post made in the Lescott thread if I go to his profile page, but it's not showing up in the thread. I've got no idea how that has happened. With new threads been made hopefully this won't happen again and is only related to the database transfer of the old threads and posts.

I might be making this up in my head, but when I was playing around on my laptop yesterday, I'm pretty sure that I saw a setting that allowed you to choose whether you wanted posts from newly registerd members to be shown or not, which would make this a "local" issue.

I can't find this setting now that I'm on the phone, though, so I may have dreamt it ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:43 am

craigmcfc wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

It's not really. That used to list all topics that I had posted in and whether there were any new posts whereas this just lists all my posts, not telling me about any new posts. Don't worry if it isn't going to be included, just wanted to know either way.

I've had a look at the old template and its was called search.php?search_id=egosearch". I've copied across the code so view your posts will now appear on the index page.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:52 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

I've had a look at the old template and its was called search.php?search_id=egosearch". I've copied across the code so view your posts will now appear on the index page.

Ahhh you're a good 'un. Thanks again mate.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby gillie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Nice work MRM mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 am

Fantastic work MRM!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:27 am

very nice, looks great
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Crossie » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 am

iPhone app still not working for me, deleted and reloaded it too, sticks on "loading" after saying some bollocks about a Parse error and the remote server sending an unknown response.

I pressed report at about 09:30 on Monday in case anyone wants to take a look.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:57 am

Crossie wrote:iPhone app still not working for me, deleted and reloaded it too, sticks on "loading" after saying some bollocks about a Parse error and the remote server sending an unknown response.

The app has been scrapped. This new site is "mobile device friendly". You now have to visit the site through the browser on your phone/tablet.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:58 am

mr_nool wrote:
Crossie wrote:iPhone app still not working for me, deleted and reloaded it too, sticks on "loading" after saying some bollocks about a Parse error and the remote server sending an unknown response.

The app has been scrapped. This new site is "mobile device friendly". You now have to visit the site through the browser on your phone/tablet.

ah, brill.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby dazby » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:43 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
globalbollox wrote:Word of warning maybe for those who like to browse in work, it appears that the spoil boxes in the Bollox threads are all open!!!

Looks like the old spoilbox setting hasn't transferred across in the data transfer. It does seem to work in brand new postings though.

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Wow, Leanne's looking great mate! Thanks for sharing. ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby AG7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:13 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Welcome to the new site on the new hosts.

There's probably going to be a few bugs to iron out over the next couple of weeks but we have some great new features:

Including much more friendly posting icons to help you style your posts, a quick reply feature and a full responsive website that works near perfectly on your mobile and tablets. We've also revamped the homepage so it's now a full scale website

The mobile app won't work on this site as it's not been set-up to so you'll probably get error messages when accessing that.

Leave any feedback and bugs in this thread and I'll make a note of them all.

What the fuck is this ... no, seriously what the hell!!

The single biggest reason I joined this forum was the App ... found that while searching for City app in iTunes, installed it, started reading different threads (for months actually) before signing up to post and then the rest is history ...

Now it's going to be as annoying as reading any other forum on the web ... I probably use the App about 95% of my time on the forum and the rest of the 5% is when I am at my desk ... actually it's probably 99.5% and 0.5% ratio to be honest.

And I loved it that the App would get rid of all the colors and signatures
and all and you won't have to first search what is being said instead all just came to you in black and white with no styles, colors, signs or anything else distracting ...

BRING BACK THE APP PLS. Do whatever the fuck you guys want to do with the site but have that clean black and white App front available as well ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby AG7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 pm

AG7 wrote:

There's probably going to be a few bugs to iron out over the next couple of weeks but we have some great new features:

Including much more friendly posting icons to help you style your posts, a quick reply feature and a full responsive website that works near perfectly on your mobile and tablets. We've also revamped the homepage so it's now a full scale website

The mobile app won't work on this site as it's not been set-up to so you'll probably get error messages when accessing that.

The single biggest reason I joined this forum was the App ... found that while searching for City app in iTunes, installed it, started reading different threads (for months actually) before signing up to post and then the rest is history ...

Now it's going to be as annoying as reading any other forum on the web ... I probably use the App about 95% of my time on the forum and the rest of the 5% is when I am at my desk ... actually it's probably 99.5% and 0.5% ratio to be honest.

and all and you won't have to first search what is being said instead all just came to you in black and white with no styles, colors, signs or anything else distracting ...

BRING BACK THE APP PLS. Do whatever the fuck you guys want to do with the site but have that clean black and white App front available as well ...

AND the App fucking remembered what threads I had seen and what new ones had come up, and then inside those threads it's take me straight to the post I hadn't viewed since my last visit ...

SERIOUSLY you will lose members like me here who find this No App and generic site like every other forum on the net very very annoying ... the App was a huge differentiating factor for this forum vs everyone else :(
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:38 pm

AG7 wrote:
AG7 wrote:

AND the App fucking remembered what threads I had seen and what new ones had come up, and then inside those threads it's take me straight to the post I hadn't viewed since my last visit ...

SERIOUSLY you will lose members like me here who find this No App and generic site like every other forum on the net very very annoying ... the App was a huge differentiating factor for this forum vs everyone else :(

OK

1. we had to move hosts.
2. we needed to update the site to allow for additional features
3. the APP is expensive to keep going
4. the new site is mobile friendly
5. The App was very restricting in its functionality for everyone, especially the mods.
6. We are sorry we didnt ask your permission before we decided to update and move with the times.

PS the App is a personal choice, but it adds additional drainage of funds to keep the Android and Apple Apps going when the mobile version works great. The whole reason we got the apps is because the old site was a nightmare on mobile browsers
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby AG7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:48 pm

How much ££ are we talking about keeping the App? Seriously I think we'd be able to raise the amount in no time ... would you then consider bring it back on if we can pull together the ££ here? I'm sure I am not the only one annoyed with the app disappearing!!!!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 pm

AG7 wrote:
AG7 wrote:

Mate, the site also keeps track on what threads you've read. Threads with a dark blue headline contain unread posts. In threads with a white headline you've read all the posts already.

If you click on the golden triangle next to the thread name / headline, it will take you to the last post you've read. Piece of cake!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:56 pm

AG7 wrote:How much ££ are we talking about keeping the App? Seriously I think we'd be able to raise the amount in no time ... would you then consider bring it back on if we can pull together the ££ here? I'm sure I am not the only one annoyed with the app disappearing!!!!

I am not sure of the EXACT amount but it costs over £300 a year to keep it up to date and on the app stores
Remembering that this site is paid for by the kind generous donors who give willingly. The new site set up means we save that amount each year, which can help pay for the new hosting.

I liked the app on the move too, but its simple economics for us, we are not backed by the Sheik.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum