Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby phips » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Wonderwall wrote:he was having a poor game Ted, IMO I really didnt understand Fernandinho being taken off and Fernando being left on. I would have done the opposite, but there again I am not paid to make those decisions, I am sure Pellers had his reasons.

i think Fernandinho getting a yellow had an impact. Pellegrini did the same thing the match before under the same circumstances.
or maybe its just that Pellegrini doesn't feel comfortable not having that true defensive mid on the pitch
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:51 pm

phips wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:sorry but Yaya doesn't like to play deep, we need someone who will and can pass. and thats not Yaya or Fernando.

He doesn't play deep? I must be watching a different Yaya.

yup, cuz that's exactly what i said….jesus.

What's Navas go to do with it?

How do you know where he LIKES to play?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby AntMcfc » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:34 pm

phips wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
phips wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:We presume we need a De Jong, fernando type figure to play that protective role, however what we really need is a Axabi Alonso..

this is a good point.

It is absolutely not a good point. We have Yaya Toure, a man who has the passing/controlling ability of Xabi Alonso but also offers much more offensively. Most people don't know how lucky they are to have this incredible player in the side.

sorry but Yaya doesn't like to play deep, we need someone who will and can pass. and thats not Yaya or Fernando.

His 12/13 season says otherwise. Plus, this is something he'll have to adapt to as he ages, he can't stay the same player forever. So many of the top players prolong their playing style by altering their playing style. Yaya will be one of them.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Clueless oaf
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:18 pm

People are quick to jump on his mistakes and slow to praise his good work.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sheblue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Dameerto wrote:People are quick to jump on his mistakes and slow to praise his good work.

True. He tries.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Oh you've spoken to him about this have you?

Do you speak to him regularly? Is that why he wants to leave?

Silly cunt.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Plenty of good work from Fernando today. Occasional fuckups but nowhere near as many as our so called best players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Plenty of good work from Fernando today. Occasional fuckups but nowhere near as many as our so called best players.

Unfortunately Ted one of his occasional fuckups was a double attempt to clear the danger both of which he should have dealt with with ease. Granted, he was trying to clear up one of Vinny's many messes, but he makes very poor decisions. I wouldn't give up on the lad yet though, but currently I think he is only back up for Fernandinho. I don't think he is first choice.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm

He has done some great stuff saving their arses from almost certain goals during the season & if Zabba can do what he's doing and get away with it, then Fernando deserves to, in his first season.

When people dissect the performances of the 'old guard' to the same degree as the newer players & find less faults, then I'll join in with the criticism of the Ferns, Jovetic, Navas etc.

But every game I see, there are several, maybe half a team, worse.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:47 pm

I guess people find it easier to get frustrated with newer signings cos it leaves people wondering why the hell we signed em in the first place? Obviously it's an impatient view but i can understand it. At least with the older guard you know what they're capable of.

I don't agree with slating Fernando cos he's new and needs help but i do think so far he's looked a bit limited, which concerns me. I agree he's made some good tackles and things but what worries me a bit more is that his game looks quite simple to be honest and i'd hope for a little bit more nous in a brand new £12m+ signing than just being a leggy powerful runner.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He has done some great stuff saving their arses from almost certain goals during the season & if Zabba can do what he's doing and get away with it, then Fernando deserves to, in his first season.

When people dissect the performances of the 'old guard' to the same degree as the newer players & find less faults, then I'll join in with the criticism of the Ferns, Jovetic, Navas etc.

But every game I see, there are several, maybe half a team, worse.

I wouldn't deny that. And another thing I'm always mindful of is that if you are not actually at the game you are only getting a narrow vision of what's actually going on, even watching live on television.
You don't get a full appreciation of the amount of work some guys get through that never gets highlighted.I've discussed performances with people before and wondered were they watching the same game on TV as the one I was at.

Like I said about Fernando. I wouldn't give up on him like some people are suggesting, but from what I've seen, he is only back up at the moment, for the other Fern. Certainly not for Yaya. Needs to relax and make the simple passes. Make the simple clearance.
His decision making is poor but he's not alone there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:53 pm

I think 12 mil is the going rate for a player who does what he does.

I would have him sat in front of the cbs, barely moving, & two players in centre mid in front of him. Just have him purely putting out fires.

Against lesser teams, he wouldn't play at all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Yes. It's a lot of money to pay for just that.
A younger De Jong.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby twosips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Also makes you think that surely we create players like that of our own?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:14 pm

The Octopus - 8 tentacles but no legs, a complete flop out of water.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Makes me wonder why we got rid of Garcia. Really found his feet by the end of last season and then we just get rid. Maybe Fern will come good given time. Won't help playing in this current team as its seen devoid of confidence.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Makes me wonder why we got rid of Garcia. Really found his feet by the end of last season and then we just get rid. Maybe Fern will come good given time. Won't help playing in this current team as its seen devoid of confidence.

Garcia was ace towards the end Spanish Gaz Baz as it was.

I still don't think Fernando is shit. In fact, I think he's pretty decent.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:33 pm

twosips wrote:Also makes you think that surely we create players like that of our own?

Absolutely. But we don't have one now.

And I don't think people are taking on board some of the big moments Fernando has influenced in games. He is worth points to City this season.

And comparing him to DeJong; Fernando got shit for not stopping Arsenal's 2nd goal from the header. If you told DeJong where the fucking ball was going, he still would not stop the header 100 times out of 100 without giving away a pen.

Garcia might have done, but so might Fernando. He has won several points saving headers in our box i open play.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:38 pm

It was a poor back pass but he was under severe pressure caused by a Vinny fuck up. It wasn't a moment of carelessness. He covers the ground far better than Garcia. We need someone who concentrates on putting out fires. He puts out plenty. For me we miss our captain more than anything. At his best Vinny has not only been a top class centre back but the heart and soul of the team. Not at the moment I'm afraid. I can only hope it's lack of match sharpness that's causing his poor form. He's got a week to put it together. If not our season could be virtually over.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum