Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Clowncrete wrote:He would be great in a side where you play 4-3-3 and have two attack minded players infront of him. Imagine 2 Yaya playing just infront of him. He would easily slot into the Arsenal team instead of Flamini since they play Ramsey and Ozil in the center infront.
He is useless in a 4-4-2.

This is how City should play when Yaya is missing imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:09 pm

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:JHave we still not got over de Jong and people are still pretending he was brilliant? De Jong wasn't a good player. He was a loveable character but as a football player he was really limited.

and Fernando is more expansive?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we know yet. But he's certainly no worse than de Jong. I don't think we should label him just yet whilst he's getting used to a new league.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Clowncrete wrote:He would be great in a side where you play 4-3-3 and have two attack minded players infront of him. Imagine 2 Yaya playing just infront of him. He would easily slot into the Arsenal team instead of Flamini since they play Ramsey and Ozil in the center infront.

Spot on.

Mase wrote:Just got back from the match. I think it's harsh to pick Fernando out for criticism. I thought he did okay breaking up some attacks from Arsenal and didn't give the ball away anymore than any of the other players.

Have we still not got over de Jong and people are still pretending he was brilliant? De Jong wasn't a good player. He was a loveable character but as a football player he was really limited.

fernandinho wasnt having a good game, but he would've been a lot more dynamic player in midfield chasing the game and he does have qualities which could lead to goals. fernando doesnt and defensively in a two man midfield I dont think Fernando is that much better. so when we needed a goal, I dont get it why we kept that one player in the team who offers us nothing going forward.

And don't fucking get me started on that 2nd goal. He deserves a lashing for that "defending"
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Spot on.

Mase wrote:Just got back from the match. I think it's harsh to pick Fernando out for criticism. I thought he did okay breaking up some attacks from Arsenal and didn't give the ball away anymore than any of the other players.

Have we still not got over de Jong and people are still pretending he was brilliant? De Jong wasn't a good player. He was a loveable character but as a football player he was really limited.

fernandinho wasnt having a good game, but he would've been a lot more dynamic player in midfield chasing the game and he does have qualities which could lead to goals. fernando doesnt and defensively in a two man midfield I dont think Fernando is that much better. so when we needed a goal, I dont get it why we kept that one player in the team who offers us nothing going forward.

And don't fucking get me started on that 2nd goal. He deserves a lashing for that "defending"

Was it Fernando who should have been picking him up? I couldn't see at the match. Just saw about five of their players totally unmarked and knew as soon as the ball was kicked it was a goal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Spot on.

Was it Fernando who should have been picking him up? I couldn't see at the match. Just saw about five of their players totally unmarked and knew as soon as the ball was kicked it was a goal.

Yes. Stood right next to him, marking him before the free kick was taken. Started to move with him, but apparently then realised he already got his big fat paycheck and thought why bother
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Spot on.

Yes. Stood right next to him, marking him before the free kick was taken. Started to move with him, but apparently then realised he already got his big fat paycheck and thought why bother

Just love to hear loony quotes like that about paychecks when it's what I expect from the papers but there again what the hell was he thinking about to leave the player alone!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Spot on.

Just love to hear loony quotes like that about paychecks when it's what I expect from the papers but there again what the hell was he thinking about to leave the player alone!

I actually tried to come up with something else but then got lost in translation and that's all I was able to come away with, lol.
but my main point still stands, that was pub league defending.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:02 am

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:JHave we still not got over de Jong and people are still pretending he was brilliant? De Jong wasn't a good player. He was a loveable character but as a football player he was really limited.

and Fernando is more expansive?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we know yet. But he's certainly no worse than de Jong. I don't think we should label him just yet whilst he's getting used to a new league.

i definitely agree that he needs time to get used to a new league but i see that more as adapting to the pace and physicality and no winter break etc, not his ability to pass a ball.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:48 am

The main problem for fernando is when Yaya is not next to him he doesn't have an easy 'out' ball.
I noticed the same last week at Everton and, along with Mangala, we gave the ball away very cheaply putting ourselves under pressure in our own half.
We presume we need a De Jong, fernando type figure to play that protective role, however what we really need is a Axabi Alonso.
We have so much of the ball we need to get it to forward players quickly and in the right areas, for them to hurt the opposition.
Yaya Toure is unique, he does this and gives us goals.
When he isn't there we have neither. We just have a break-up player.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:25 am

The squid returned yesterday,woeful passing,vision,positional sense.

His tentacles needed battering deep frying and covering in sauce.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:27 am

Is it asking too much to expect a defensive midfielder to be able to track his man at free-kicks?

It can't be cultural or adapting the league: I am not having it that footballers in Brazil or Portugal don't make runs at set pieces.

So why is it happening?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 am

Bar the free kick, he actually played pretty well. It's not his fault he's going to be overrun when Arsenal counter.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:01 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Is it asking too much to expect a defensive midfielder to be able to track his man at free-kicks?

It can't be cultural or adapting the league: I am not having it that footballers in Brazil or Portugal don't make runs at set pieces.

So why is it happening?

As it was the centre forward, it won't have been 'his man'. Someone went missing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:16 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Is it asking too much to expect a defensive midfielder to be able to track his man at free-kicks?

So why is it happening?

I think it's the high line we play at long range free kicks. We try and push the teams out to the edge of the box but its pointless. When carzola chipped the ball in towards the 6 yard box, the attackers had plenty of time to make a run at full speed whilst staying on side. in such instances why dont we just line up about 14 yards from goal or on the pen spot and not let attackers have such a clear run
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:20 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

So why is it happening?

I think it's the high line we play at long range free kicks. We try and push the teams out to the edge of the box but its pointless. When carzola chipped the ball in towards the 6 yard box, the attackers had plenty of time to make a run at full speed whilst staying on side. in such instances why dont we just line up about 14 yards from goal or on the pen spot and not let attackers have such a clear run

Have a look at where Chelsea line up.

Defenders didn't defend. And I don't believe we practiced to have Fernando vs their cf. Someone wasn't doing his job.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

So why is it happening?

As it was the centre forward, it won't have been 'his man'. Someone went missing.

At Everton it was his man.

edit: Or was it Fernandinho's? They look the same on a four-inch square Joan.

Who were the centre-halves marking? Kompany appeared to be marking Mertesacker. Where was Demichelis?

We miss Dzeko in these situations, that is for sure.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am

Anyway, Ted, can I buy your Barcelona ticket?
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

So why is it happening?

Who were the centre-halves marking? Kompany appeared to be marking Mertesacker. Where was Demichelis?

Racist. It was Fernandinho that was supposed to be marking Naismith against Everton. Charlie Nicholas couldn't tell them apart when Fernandinho scored against Everton and later apologised for it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:34 am

He has done nothing special since he arrived, TBH I fail to see his role.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

So why is it happening?

Racist. It was Fernandinho that was supposed to be marking Naismith against Everton. Charlie Nicholas couldn't tell them apart when Fernandinho scored against Everton and later apologised for it.

I remember getting security to drag a customer out of the Casino once ,he was sitting on a roulette table with a red shirt on so I told security, its the cunt with a red shirt on.When they dragged him off the table he was going fucking ape ,bawling shouting and screaming and it was at that point that I realized it was the wrong cunt, as the real culprit with another red shirt on was on another table.

At the end of the day both were kicked out , the way I looked at it ,was that eventually, the other cunt was bound to be found guilty of something that warranted being kicked out....and anyone wearing a red shirt is fair game for being kicked out in my book.

I'm racist to anyone wearing red.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum