Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Boy Garcia gets better the longer he's gone. People seem to forget how fucking slow he was. All he could do when confronted with a midfield player with any pace coming at him was wave them goodbye.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:04 pm

blues2win wrote:Boy Garcia gets better the longer he's gone. People seem to forget how fucking slow he was. All he could do when confronted with a midfield player with any pace coming at him was wave them goodbye.

this
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The players of Silva's class who will have had the perks of playing in Spain's MF must despair, On Tues 1st time lay off and all Fernando had to was knock it too Glichy, and we had the pitch opened up, He decided to spin turn and knock it between Zabba and Vinny and we were in touble that was 2 mins in, I honestly thought not only is that poor it was panic, Nasri who had switched sides blasted him as he ran back, maybe why he got hooked, I can't see how with the players we have a player with no touch or vision is expected to compliment them. You have to be able tune in and he is not.

Nasri had a go eh? He's some fucking neck, I spotted him having a go at Zaba at one stage too. I wouldn't mind so much but Nasri hid for the hour he was on the pitch.

Agree with that, but we have such a shitabrick attitude against Barca, Nasri and Silva the two we needed on the ball even if we risked a pass or two like you might have to now we are chasing it looked crap due to the head down merchants who cannot up it when the likes of Barca scare them to death, I can take or leave Nasri, the W.B he is the problem. Take two touches against a team bred on getting the ball back and it is game over. They played on our fear and lack of touch or composure.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:12 pm

blues2win wrote:All he could do when confronted with a midfield player with any pace coming at him was wave them goodbye.

He had great hair too.

These two things mean he he's already two up on Fernando.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby freshie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:07 pm

blues2win wrote:Boy Garcia gets better the longer he's gone. People seem to forget how fucking slow he was. All he could do when confronted with a midfield player with any pace coming at him was wave them goodbye.

Exactly. It's amazing how people's opinions and memories alter over time. For all of the time he was here Garcia was slated by most people. Now all of a sudden he was the answer. It's ridiculous. Go back a couple of seasons, swap the title of this thread from 'Fernando' to 'Garcia' and you have the same thread
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:12 pm

I was/am a gracia hater. However, towards the end of his city career he was having good games and was starting to make me think he was better. In some games i was gobsmacked how good he was. In the end i was glad he left because i realised i just wanted the poor lad to get better.

Garcia is not the standard we want at city.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:39 pm

freshie wrote:

Exactly. It's amazing how people's opinions and memories alter over time. For all of the time he was here Garcia was slated by most people. Now all of a sudden he was the answer. It's ridiculous. Go back a couple of seasons, swap the title of this thread from 'Fernando' to 'Garcia' and you have the same thread

i guess your memory is perfect ?

-total recall ?

My opinion hasn't changed over time.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:42 pm

freshie wrote:

I don't think people are under any false impression that Garcia was anything special.It's more a case of he wasn't really all that bad when you compare him to Fernando.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 pm

We have several midfielders who still do that, he wasn't alone.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby freshie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:24 am

Green & Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

I don't think people are under any false impression that Garcia was anything special.It's more a case of he wasn't really all that bad when you compare him to Fernando.

He was just as bad as Fernando. He had the pace of a snail and the turning circle of an oil tanker
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:26 am

zuricity wrote:
freshie wrote:

i guess your memory is perfect ?

-total recall ?

My opinion hasn't changed over time.

I never said it was. I do remember Garcia being crap and I was glad when we sold him. Nothing has changed in that repect
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:I was/am a gracia hater. However, towards the end of his city career he was having good games and was starting to make me think he was better. In some games i was gobsmacked how good he was. In the end i was glad he left because i realised i just wanted the poor lad to get better.

Garcia is not the standard we want at city.

^This.

Except I don't give a fuck if he got better after he left. I am glad we got a few good games out of him then cashed out before anyone realised the two years of shite we'd put up with to get to that point.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:02 am

wish we still had gazbaz, nige and carlos
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 am

It was the same with de Jong. Since he left people have made him out to be an absolute world class player who stopped everything something at him single handed. The main issue is we haven't replaced him with someone who is better than he was. But by no means does that make him out to be as good as people on hear do.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:23 am

Mase wrote:

It was the same with de Jong. Since he left people have made him out to be an absolute world class player who stopped everything something at him single handed. The main issue is we haven't replaced him with someone who is better than he was. But by no means does that make him out to be as good as people on hear do.

give me nige or gazbaz any day over fernando
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

give me nige or gazbaz any day over fernando

Amen Brother.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 am

Mase wrote:

He knew his job and he did it perfectly well, since he left what have we spent Mase 100 mill, he was 27 it was a stupid decision not required as we had nobody better to buy, plus IMO Vinny has lost his defensive screen De Jong and Tevez were in tune with the side of the game needed say this Sunday.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 am

De Jong refused to sign the contract he was offered, what was the club supposed to do other than move him on? We could've I guess given into his silly wage demands.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 am

DeJong got shit on here for years for not being good enough. Then he was indispensable then not good enough for where we are now, then indispensible again.

I bet some of the people were the same ones picking on Fernando now.

And it is picking on him. Any mistake he made, you can find instances of our 'best' players doing the same. Any criticsm of him going missing, you can find instances of our 'best' players doing the same. And any improvement they made in the game, he also made & was playing a full part in City's team almost overpowering Barca 2nd half.

I watch that as someone with an open mind on Fernando & think it's a good thing.

Some would prefer to pretend it didn't happen in order to have a go at hijm. But it did. He played well v Barca, when the team played well. He was smack bang in the middle of it. In our only decent performance in Europe this season, in Rome, Fernando was one of the best performers. If he hadn't put in a couple of absolutely brilliant defensive interceptions v Chelsea at our place, we would be pretty much dead in the title race.

If any of our problems were actually his fault & he kept playing all the time & costing us games, I could understand this kind of stuff, but pretty much none of our problems this season are his fault. Barca wasn't his fault.

It's purely just people deciding to pick on him. Nothing else.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:57 am

Well Carl's got the monopoly on Kompany, people have to moan somewhere.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum