Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby Duckman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am

Round the 15th minute mark, I smoked a foot long joint and just concentrated on Fernando, nothing else just him. Didn't watch other players, just focused on Fernando.
Five minutes later I wanted to blow my head off.

He had one interception and then failed to pass it any of our players, just decided not to get involved.

When we were trying to get the ball from defense to attack, he spent his time hiding between Barca's players, most of the time turning his back to or defenders or whoever was on the ball, almost as if our players, him included, were under instructions not to include him in the build up.

In second half he was more pro active but still...he should bring more to our play.

The Count didn't help with his team selection.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:11 am

Duckman wrote:Round the 15th minute mark, I smoked a foot long joint and just concentrated on Fernando, nothing else just him. Didn't watch other players, just focused on Fernando.

He had one interception and then failed to pass it any of our players, just decided not to get involved.

When we were trying to get the ball from defense to attack, he spent his time hiding between Barca's players, most of the time turning his back to or defenders or whoever was on the ball, almost as if our players, him included, were under instructions not to include him in the build up.

In second half he was more pro active but still...he should bring more to our play.

you could have just concentrated on Milner and said the same, we were set up wrong and were there for the taking, I felt sorry for them and put the blame firmly at the counts feet last night.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Duckman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Duckman wrote:Round the 15th minute mark, I smoked a foot long joint and just concentrated on Fernando, nothing else just him. Didn't watch other players, just focused on Fernando.

you could have just concentrated on Milner and said the same, we were set up wrong and were there for the taking, I felt sorry for them and put the blame firmly at the counts feet last night.

But still, Fernando should have tried to play fucking football, you know?!? First half he looked like Boy fucking George at the KKK rally.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby bobby brows » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:44 pm

City need to own up and admit that their real FFP punishment was to play Fernando for 90 minutes every week.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I blame Silva, Nasri & Aguero, & slightly Dzeko.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:55 pm

bobby brows wrote:City need to own up and admit that their real FFP punishment was to play Fernando for 90 minutes every week.

I don't like picking on new players in their first season, but from what I've seen, I'm still not convinced he's actually Brazilian.
I've never seen a Brazilian so uncomfortable with the ball. He has no first touch, the second touch of a wall and can't pass five yards to his own man. I really hope he gets better, because he's not an upgrade on anything we've had there before. He certainly is not equipped to do the job Pellegrini seems to have given him last night.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:06 pm

If we were going to pick one of Fernando and Fernandinho last night it should have been the latter because he's a more complete player. I would have played both. Fernando suffered last night from a lack of outlets when in possession which is not his fault. Anyone would look uncomfortable in possession when he's being monstered in his own half and has no one to pass to. That's one thing we miss when Yaya isn't playing. He tends to offer himself as an outlet in deep positions. No excuse though; it's the responsibility of every player to make themselves available to the man in possession. It isn't rocket science; pass and move.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:31 pm

blues2win wrote:If we were going to pick one of Fernando and Fernandinho last night it should have been the latter because he's a more complete player. I would have played both. Fernando suffered last night from a lack of outlets when in possession which is not his fault. Anyone would look uncomfortable in possession when he's being monstered in his own half and has no one to pass to. That's one thing we miss when Yaya isn't playing. He tends to offer himself as an outlet in deep positions. No excuse though; it's the responsibility of every player to make themselves available to the man in possession. It isn't rocket science; pass and move.

I agree with this.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
blues2win wrote:If we were going to pick one of Fernando and Fernandinho last night it should have been the latter because he's a more complete player. I would have played both. Fernando suffered last night from a lack of outlets when in possession which is not his fault. Anyone would look uncomfortable in possession when he's being monstered in his own half and has no one to pass to. That's one thing we miss when Yaya isn't playing. He tends to offer himself as an outlet in deep positions. No excuse though; it's the responsibility of every player to make themselves available to the man in possession. It isn't rocket science; pass and move.

I agree with this.

Milner was neither good on the ball nor good closing down. Fernandinho is better. But imo, getting rid of either Silva or Nasri, then playing both Ferns, and Milner, was probably the way to go, with hindsight.

Maybe give Silva & Nasri half a game each & tell them to go flat out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I agree with this.

Milner was neither good on the ball nor good closing down. Fernandinho is better. But imo, getting rid of either Silva or Nasri, then playing both Ferns, and Milner, was probably the way to go, with hindsight.

I see nothing wrong with that either.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I agree with this.

Possibly Ted, would have been interesting so see.

I feel for Milner, CM, RM and LB, how can he possibly be expected to make a positive impact in a role if he is dicked about all the time. I remember Carragher saying that his (carraghers) versatility was his own downfall, and I feel sorry for Milner. He is our best wide man by far this season.
Wonderwall

Postby bayblue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:19 pm

I think we need to see how he goes next season. We've had a few players over recent years who have been lambasted on here in the first season and then improved lots.
Having said that, he has got a lot to do.

He works hard and chases willingly but we need much more than that.

His control is often abysmal and those extra seconds create pressure on him and the team.

His passing can be poor and most worryingly his awareness of the space and players around him and looks very dodgy; with the result he's caught in possession or plays a pass that puts the team in a mess.

As for his positional sense then being kind it's hit and miss. On top of all that his confidence seems shot.

At least Milner last night played some penetrating forward and diagonal passes. Fernando's passing strength seems to be the sideways or backwards special.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Would he start at Liverpool ? is he gonna cope with the frenetic mayhem it will be ? If you send the answers 2nd class that will still be here quicker than him. Octopus my arse he is the Tortoise.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Along with the bad take a look at some of the good as well - there was a move in the second half against Barca where I think it was Messi had the ball in our 6 yard box, Fernando was there to cover, knocked the ball high and out towards the edge of our area - he also reacted to it and managed to run out to challenge the Barca player looking to head it, and win the header knocking it to one of our players - two vital defensive interventions in the same move. That's what he brings as I mentioned in the match thread - anticipation of where he's needed to cover in the back four and an ability to win back possession. He also showed in preseason there's more to his game than that but he seems to be having a rough time adapting and maybe he's just trying to stick to what he does best for now. I haven't given up on him considering how Garcia improved after quite a while with us, and as I have said a few times before central midfield is the key position under Pellegrini's system of play - it puts way more pressure on the player than in other systems so any problems tend to be amplified.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:Along with the bad take a look at some of the good as well - there was a move in the second half against Barca where I think it was Messi had the ball in our 6 yard box, Fernando was there to cover, knocked the ball high and out towards the edge of our area - he also reacted to it and managed to run out to challenge the Barca player looking to head it, and win the header knocking it to one of our players - two vital defensive interventions in the same move. That's what he brings as I mentioned in the match thread - anticipation of where he's needed to cover in the back four and an ability to win back possession. He also showed in preseason there's more to his game than that but he seems to be having a rough time adapting and maybe he's just trying to stick to what he does best for now. I haven't given up on him considering how Garcia improved after quite a while with us, and as I have said a few times before central midfield is the key position under Pellegrini's system of play - it puts way more pressure on the player than in other systems so any problems tend to be amplified.

Fair, however like Garcia he needs time on eh ball which he will never have. Garcia did improve. I have wrote him off wrong I know, just fail to see how he cost 16 million I do not know one fan who rates him I was with 20 in town last night and the groans when he was named was by everyone. He had a chance to level it last night 5 yards out he wanted a touch. Would you play him at Liverpool or is he to slow for a game that will be fast.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Given where he is at - and assuming we use two central midfielders I wouldn't play him against Liverpool - with three central midfielders he would be a very good platform for the other two (Yaya and Fern 1) to rotate their attacks around.
Having said that, I wouldn't have started him last night either - so what do any of us know?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Totally out of his depth last night , shocking first half . I have no confidence in this cunt lately.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:43 pm

portuguese league must be slow as FUCK if garcia and fernando were considered standouts! ffs no more players from there!!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Looking like one of the worst signings City have made in recent times.

£12 million I think we paid for him, daylight robbery.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:Given where he is at - and assuming we use two central midfielders I wouldn't play him against Liverpool - with three central midfielders he would be a very good platform for the other two (Yaya and Fern 1) to rotate their attacks around.
Having said that, I wouldn't have started him last night either - so what do any of us know?

the only chance of him starting against the Dippers is if "the Brodge" kidnaps yaya, fernandinho, milner and Lampard.
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum