Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 am

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:All of you comparing Fern 1 and 2 with Barry and Nigle forget that they most of the time were playing together in a defensive midfield partnership. Fern 1 and 2 usually ate Asked to do the same job on their own.

That's the difference between Mancini and the Count. And don't forget how you all used to hate Mancini's overly defensive approach.

There is no comparison, Barry did all their jobs on his own, Fernando doesn't quite fulfil one.

Barry was certainly better with the ball than both Ferns. I always thought he was quite underrated in that respect. He was also fantastic at reading the game and sussing out dangers. I loved Barry!
Unfortunately he was too slow to protect the back four on his own, which is most of the time asked of our defensive midfielder nowadays (not counting Yaya, since he's got a get out of jail card for that).
Fern 1 and 2 both have the athleticism and pace to do that, but especially Fernando is lacking some football skills. However, I do think he will look more at place when he gets used to the immense tempo of the Premier League.

what we need is a pacey Barry! I believe the Flash is called Barry, I wonder if he can play football?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:52 am

Barry was absolutely not better with the ball.than Fernandinho. He can only kick with 1 foot ffs!

If he was pushed onto his right foot he had to pass backwards. Possibly the best at reading a game & solving problems I've seen, but better as a footballer than Fernandinho ? Not in a million years.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Barry was absolutely not better with the ball.than Fernandinho. He can only kick with 1 foot ffs!

If he was pushed onto his right foot he had to pass backwards. Possibly the best at reading a game & solving problems I've seen, but better as a footballer than Fernandinho ? Not in a million years.

Barry was/is very one-footed, but the foot he's got is a sweet one.
He did get caught in possession a few times, but I still think he had better awareness of what was happening around him than both the Ferns, and thus was "better with the ball" (meaning that he was a better outlet for the back four, and better at moving the ball forward). I don't disagree with the fact that Fernandinho is better technically than Barry, but Barry used his technique better.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:28 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Barry was absolutely not better with the ball.than Fernandinho. He can only kick with 1 foot ffs!

He did get caught in possession a few times, but I still think he had better awareness of what was happening around him than both the Ferns, and thus was "better with the ball" (meaning that he was a better outlet for the back four, and better at moving the ball forward). I don't disagree with the fact that Fernandinho is better technically than Barry, but Barry used his technique better.

I don't think Barry would be better on the ball in this team. He would be under more pressure.

But Fernandinho wasn't bought on the strength of his performances in Barry's position. He had a Barry type player sitting behind him. A good one as well. He has never had a run at City in his real position. Just gets one game then dropped as he's 'obviously not good enough' even though he was one of the best in Europe at Shakhtar.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't think Barry would be better on the ball in this team. He would be under more pressure.

But Fernandinho wasn't bought on the strength of his performances in Barry's position. He had a Barry type player sitting behind him. A good one as well. He has never had a run at City in his real position. Just gets one game then dropped as he's 'obviously not good enough' even though he was one of the best in Europe at Shakhtar.

Barry brought a more than both to the team in a sense he knew what was needed amongst the spoilt brat brigade almost like a comfort blanket. The disjointed farce we see from our game as it breaks down into a thousand pieces when the heat is on is mental thing we cannot sort out with this group.The last manager tried.A bunch of players who have won stuff but look to have had peaked when they should be feared and onto a 4th League medal, No the best sides see us coming.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Fucking hell.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Silva's only got one foot. Does not stop him from being a very good footballer either.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Fucking hell.

Just what Porto said when the money hit the bank, along with who is up for a conga !!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:06 pm

In my opinion the problem with Fernando is that he is not suited to a 2 man midfield.

A city 2 man midfield usually consists of Yay Ya Toure.It would be fair to say He doesn't like tracking back or defending. This leaves a huge gaps that Fernando has to cover on his own. That role would make any decent footballer look shit. He is not particularly quick either.

Fernado is more suited to a 3 man midfield with another other 2 players contributing their fare share. He was bought to break up opposition play in midfield. He did this well in Portugal hence they call him the Octopus.

Pellegrini has made all our decent players look shit with his system. Rocks like Kompany,Zabaletta look shot of confidence and carrying weight.

Up front "Charge Of The Light Brigade", in defence the "Alamo". It is ridiculous. Defensively we are a joke. Do we even bother practicing defending any more.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby phips » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 am

i thought today was his best game in awhile
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 am

Garcia was better , that is all .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 am

fernando awful player, shit passer of the ball never does anything right piss poor, rich mans ged brannan
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 am

dick dastardley wrote:fernando awful player, shit passer of the ball never does anything right piss poor, rich mans ged brannan

Haha good to see he has got your support.

As it goes i also think he is shit.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:08 am

I thought he was better versus Barca than Leicester!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Set for a timely return as Delph is out again and the matches are coming fast.
Palace might be too soon though, not sure
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Set for a timely return as Delph is out again and the matches are coming fast.
Palace might be too soon though, not sure

He won't be ready to start a game for a couple of weeks but at least he is back in the squad....
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:12 am

He says he's playing or I suppose training without pain for the first time for a year. We need him back.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 am

blues2win wrote:He says he's playing or I suppose training without pain for the first time for a year. We need him back.

he said the same thing on tour and several hrs later he was on the treatment table for over a month
man needs to put a sock in it!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Not my favourite player by any stretch of the imagination but good to have him back with Delph out again.

Hate international breaks, seriously why did Delph have to play after being injured?

The sensible option would have to been to keep him involved and monitor his progress in training.No need to play him when he's basically only on the mend.

Back to Nando he's been useful at times but he's not improved the team at all, we've had similar types of players in recent times who have had much more to offer.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:52 pm

But apparently he was injured all last season so i would assume he didnt play his best.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum