Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It's lack of nous, Ted. The gradual dumbing-down of football knowledge in this country by hiring ex-players of certain clubs rather than people who can give genuine insight.

I've found Quasi to be quite sharp in that respect in recent years though. I think it's gone right downhill now that Carragher (who adds absolutely nothing whatsoever imo) is there. Sky want to be more ragpool friendly & have ruined the post match as a result.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 am

It's also a lot to do with that in general punditry has gone a lot more towards the 'angst' angle - drives me mad. All we see these days is ex-scousers moaning about this, that and them. It's all so negative and miserable. Pay attention to it next time you watch a game, on any channel, and you'll notice the pundits within a minute end up with upwards inflections in their voices as they exasperatedly try and pinpoint why shit defender that we all know is shit is still shit... it's a result of Hansen and Lawrenson's misery of the past countless years no doubt. It's like the default punditry button is set to 'angry' and 'frustrated'.

I quite enjoyed watching Henry at the world cup as he was just purring over the forward play. More of that would be nice.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:11 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It's lack of nous, Ted. The gradual dumbing-down of football knowledge in this country by hiring ex-players of certain clubs rather than people who can give genuine insight.

I've found Quasi to be quite sharp in that respect in recent years though. I think it's gone right downhill now that Carragher (who adds absolutely nothing whatsoever imo) is there. Sky want to be more ragpool friendly & have ruined the post match as a result.

Did you see it last week where Carragher was trying to lecture Neville on how easy it is to play wing-back? Despite ya know, having no experience of it compared to Neville who has shit loads.. frustration in Neville's face was a picture.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 am

I wouldn't say that it was a lack of nous, as I thought Neville & Carragher made reasonable points on the subjects they chose to examine. Unfortunately, only about 5% of it was about City, when Neville highlighted how a back four is supposed to move compared to the utter dross Liverpool served up. Maybe it's because I haven't been around 'back in the day', but I've heard much worse punditry. At least they tell it how it is: they absolutely mullered Lovren, obvious or not.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:22 am

I remember a blue pointing out on some forum or other that he had watched the City v Villa game (when Balotelli scored that sort of overhead kick after getting annoyed with the Villa fans) on Dutch TV. The point he made was that whilst on Match of the Day it was an opportunity for the pundits to talk about Mad Mario getting angry, on Dutch TV the pundits talked about the skill involved in scoring the goal. We're sold short in this country as far as football punditry goes.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:28 am

Loveren is yet another 'ballplaying' defender. If they watched the cunt last season, even vs Liverpool, he was fucking useless then as well. I wonder if all the talk was about Loveren, when Liverpool beat them 3-0, last season because it fucking was in my house.

They made the point, then made it again, then made the same point about it happening v Southampton last week, with replays, then made it some more.

An interesting point may have been to superimpose Fernando into Liverpool's back line: hey presto, no gap.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Rioja is too. There's a utube of him playing the ball out of play with his left foot behind his right foot inside his penalty area in the World Cup. Don't know what Butthead would make of that.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:35 pm

twosips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Did you see it last week where Carragher was trying to lecture Neville on how easy it is to play wing-back? Despite ya know, having no experience of it compared to Neville who has shit loads.. frustration in Neville's face was a picture.

i thought Neville's head was going to explode. Without any sense of angst i love listening to him. He's a fantastic pundit who constantly backs up his perspectives with great examples and solid logic. I wish we could have snared him on the NBC US programs. He's the kind of commentator that say NFL fans are used to...in terms of ex-player/detailed analysis and dissection of the game. Too much credence is given to the same set of tits who have nothing to offer but superficial ass kissing combined with a Baroque manner of speaking in what is ultimately just good old fashioned English provincialness....which is fucking tiresome.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Back to the topic, Fernando was everything you could want from a holding mid last night.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:02 pm

PeterParker wrote:The only bone i have to pick with him is that his offensive support will be very low, but that is how we is.

Great player, looks like he played for years here.

He really does look like he's been here for years doesn't he? Full credit to Pellegrini for playing him every possible minute during preseason.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:07 pm

I you like to see him and other brazilian start with yaya in front with one striker.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:20 pm

It would be interesting to see some of the different posibilities with Yaya. But as an alternative to Yaya, away in europe for instance, hows about a counter attacking:

................................Aguero..........................

....................Silva.................Jovetic..................
...........Dinho........Fernando........Milner........
Kolarov......Mangala........Kompany.......Sagna

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:10 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Back to the topic, Fernando was everything you could want from a holding mid last night.

Think your being a bit harsh there, he did a lot more. There was one stage late in second half just after they scored where we lost the ball in their box and they countered, he absolutely bust a gut to get back and in a few seconds he was in the middle of the centre backs facing up to the ball, Haven t seen anyone tracking back like it for a while. In fact in the last two games thanks to him we had three centre backs on several occasions when they were needed. .

On a side note i hope we don't burn him out. Or I hope the others just don't get a bit lazy and leave him to do it all.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bluedj » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:32 pm

This guy is really impressing me now

Check out these stats

City would not have been able to perform anywhere near their best had it not been for Fernando, whose pass accuracy of 96.83% was outstanding, and whose 74 touches of the ball were rarely wasted.

Excellent!!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby phips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Really really hurts the side when he plays. his inability to pick a pass is an issue…and even when he passes sideways or backwards he often gives the ball away.

(i know the post directly above mine applauds his pass accuracy earlier in the season but who cares if you have 100% pass completion if they're all backwards. it kills momentum and attacks)

At Chelsea id like to see Frank and Fernandinho in CM
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:48 pm

he's just a shite de Jong

but no way fat frank should start v chelsea away imo. five in the middle, make it difficult for them and hope to nick it somehow.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:02 pm

He would be great in a side where you play 4-3-3 and have two attack minded players infront of him. Imagine 2 Yaya playing just infront of him. He would easily slot into the Arsenal team instead of Flamini since they play Ramsey and Ozil in the center infront.
He is useless in a 4-4-2.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:08 pm

I thought fernandinho was even worse today. They were both shit though
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Just got back from the match. I think it's harsh to pick Fernando out for criticism. I thought he did okay breaking up some attacks from Arsenal and didn't give the ball away anymore than any of the other players.

Have we still not got over de Jong and people are still pretending he was brilliant? De Jong wasn't a good player. He was a loveable character but as a football player he was really limited.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby phips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Mase wrote:JHave we still not got over de Jong and people are still pretending he was brilliant? De Jong wasn't a good player. He was a loveable character but as a football player he was really limited.

and Fernando is more expansive?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus