Sagna

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sagna

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Di Marzio who's a serious source says Sagna has already passed a medical and signed a three year contract. Just waiting for the announcement he says which could come from the player I suppose. Not sure how this ties in with the July 1 expiry of the Arsenal contract. Maybe that's why City haven't announced it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Sagna

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 pm

I think we all assumed this was done, just a matter of announcing it, same with Fernando both are done IMO.

Centre half n back up keeper and we are done.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:39 pm

"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Not a bad signing on a free he's been a consistently good performer at Arsenal and they will be weaker without him.Really good back up for Zabaleta.Sadly I'd say Micahs days at City are numbered.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:48 pm

excellent freebie, Number 3 shirt, which hopefully means Richards is not ready to give up the number 2 just yet? Maybe move alongside Vinny? I want Micah to rise again and become the player we all want him to be, alas I doubt he will be given that opportunity with us.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:50 pm

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -join-City

Manchester City are delighted to announce that Bacary Sagna will join the Club for next season.

The 31-year-old full-back will complete his transfer from Arsenal on a three year contract following the World Cup in Brazil, where he is currently on duty with the French squad.

Sagna is a hugely experienced defender, having represented Arsenal 213 times since joining them from Auxerre in 2007. During that time he has picked up 41 caps for the French national side.

France are in Group E of the World Cup, alongside Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras. They begin their World Cup campaign against Honduras on Saturday.

Sagna will join up with his new team-mates for the first time after the end of the World Cup, when the squad take in their tour to America.

He will take up the vacant squad number 3, the same number he wore for the Gunners.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 pm

One down
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 pm

I think this is a good transfer.

Still gutted about Micah.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Good signing which means Richards has decided to leave, I reckon. He'll need to get a haircut, though.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:I think this is a good transfer.

Bottom line is we dont get much out of Micah. Reckon we'll get 7 or 8 million too.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Good signing which means Richards has decided to leave, I reckon. He'll need to get a haircut, though.

Hopefully it's been written into the contract.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:00 pm

john@staustell wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think this is a good transfer.

Bottom line is we dont get much out of Micah. Reckon we'll get 7 or 8 million too.

I would extend his contract and send him on loan. Instead of receiving 8 mil from the Scouse, give it to him, a full 2 year contract and give him the chance to become again the fella we all love.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:15 pm

As I've said before, if Micah stays now, it's as a central defender. You don't build a squad with 3 right backs in it.

Sagna's crossing has been wasted at Arsenal but if he gets into the same positions as Zabba, I would expect Dzeko & Negredo (if still here) to cash in on plenty of Sagna crosses.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Richards is a dreadful central defender.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 pm

john@staustell wrote:Richards is a dreadful central defender.

Not fair at all.

He was great there as a kid (miles better than our recent 'prospects' ) he had a great run there under Sven including two derby wins v ths best attack the rags have ever had. He lost it when Sven's team lost it, but he was still just a kid.

Since then he's just been thrown in when we're desperate & people expect him to just play as if he's been there for years, which is fucking stupid.

Micah has never made as many mistakes & bad decisions at cb as Demi did in the first half of this season. He has never had a chance to settle into that position.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Not fair at all.

He was great there as a kid (miles better than our recent 'prospects' ) he had a great run there under Sven including two derby wins v ths best attack the rags have ever had. He lost it when Sven's team lost it, but he was still just a kid.

Since then he's just been thrown in when we're desperate & people expect him to just play as if he's been there for years, which is fucking stupid.

Micah has never made as many mistakes & bad decisions at cb as Demi did in the first half of this season. He has never had a chance to settle into that position.

Agreed. That season under Sven he was massive at CB. Won everything and was a rock. Now that's ages ago but the progression hasn't been there.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:35 pm

I don't think Micah can be a CB at this point. He is kinda of a lunatic type of player, power, speed, but bad tactically.

I remember a game with Chelsea when Hughes was in charge, we won 2-1, but he gave away a awful pen in the 82. Lampards missed, better said, Shay saved it with an incredible effort.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:41 pm

sagna was a cunt at arse and i hated him. good signing, tho.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby city9_4eva » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:I don't think Micah can be a CB at this point. He is kinda of a lunatic type of player, power, speed, but bad tactically.

I remember a game with Chelsea when Hughes was in charge, we won 2-1, but he gave away a awful pen in the 82. Lampards missed, better said, Shay saved it with an incredible effort.

I'm sure that was onuhua? Maybe I'm wrong though
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 pm

city9_4eva wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I don't think Micah can be a CB at this point. He is kinda of a lunatic type of player, power, speed, but bad tactically.

I'm sure that was onuhua? Maybe I'm wrong though

It was Onuoha with a very clumsy, silly challenge. Remember that game so well, cracking atmosphere, pouring down and we were playing with so much fight and spirit.

Was incredible when Lampard missed!
One of my favorite ever City games that.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum