Sagna

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sagna

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Better today than Zabba has played all season imo against the strongest opponent any of our fullbacks will face in this league. Great pity Hazard got an assist due to the team being pulled out of shape & it came through his side, because he didn't deserve it & there was little he could have done..

Got to call bullshit on this one Ted. He was marking thin air, when he was the closest to thee danger man and made very little effort to stop that cross.

Had he been really good attacking not merely competent you could maybe forgive it, but he did nothing better than ZABA and very little on par.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:27 am

Thought he was decent yesterday and I was wrong about his selection. However I think it was clear to see that hazard and the rest of the Chelsea team were shattered from thier midweek marathon.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:59 am

He looked a little rusty for their goal - was the deepest of the back four and wasn't sure whether he should be inline with them or going with his man, so played the goal scorer onside in the end. Apart from that he did alright I thought.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:21 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Better today than Zabba has played all season imo against the strongest opponent any of our fullbacks will face in this league. Great pity Hazard got an assist due to the team being pulled out of shape & it came through his side, because he didn't deserve it & there was little he could have done..

Got to call bullshit on this one Ted. He was marking thin air, when he was the closest to thee danger man and made very little effort to stop that cross.

Had he been really good attacking not merely competent you could maybe forgive it, but he did nothing better than ZABA and very little on par.

Zabbs was Frank Clarke's shit brother last week , got sent off v Chelsea earlier this season & his arse handed to him by Hazard last season.
His performances recently have not been good enough to play for City.

Sagna was stood where he's told to be.

If it is pre-ordained that a crossfield pass is played to Hazard then he is in the wrong place. But if Sagna goes out there & they play someone inside instead, even Hazard runs inside, he gets replays all over the shop of how he's criminally left a gap between himself & Kompany & cost us a goal.

The whole City defence was too far over because of Clichy losing the ball. It needed the captain to be aware of it & push them across. He is too busy worrying about his own game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Zabbs was Frank Clarke's shit brother last week , got sent off v Chelsea earlier this season & his arse handed to him by Hazard last season.

If it is pre-ordained that a crossfield pass is played to Hazard then he is in the wrong place. But if Sagna goes out there & they play someone inside instead, even Hazard runs inside, he gets replays all over the shop of how he's criminally left a gap between himself & Kompany & cost us a goal.

The whole City defence was too far over because of Clichy losing the ball. It needed the captain to be aware of it & push them across. He is too busy worrying about his own game.

If it was drawn on the board with x and o's maybe you could make case for his positioning being acceptable. That said it wasn't it was their main threat stood outside him and he was oblivious. Even from that spot I don't think it's unreasonable for a fullback at this level to at the very least be aware and have quick reactions to someone of hazards quality.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:51 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

If it was drawn on the board with x and o's maybe you could make case for his positioning being acceptable. That said it wasn't it was their main threat stood outside him and he was oblivious. Even from that spot I don't think it's unreasonable for a fullback at this level to at the very least be aware and have quick reactions to someone of hazards quality.

It's the kind of thing Gary Neville can split hairs about after the event, but the way City were positioned, any choice Sagna made, was potentially wrong. He chose one option; Hazard hit a cross, nobody reacted, they scored. He goes out there, Hazard takes off inside, they pass the ball to him, he scores. Sagna chose to do what he's been told to do all week on the training ground.

It wasn't a terminal decision, until Vinny decided not to risk clearing the ball & let Chelsea score instead. Had he been in the right place, nobody would remember Sagna.

It's easy to pick holes in him afterwards, but it was a lot easier for the other defenders, including Clichy, to do their jobs, than for Sagna to do his.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Actually, if you look at it when the ball is kicked; Sagna is playing in Kompany's position. Kompany is where Demichelis would be, & Sagna has both Remy and Hazard either side. (if you were set up to defend that ball I mean)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bigblue » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Looks like he could get a job in Hollywood after he finishes playing:

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash