FIFA in trouble FINALLY over Qatar World Cup bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA in trouble FINALLY over Qatar World Cup bid

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:35 pm

One can only hope the WC is shifted to USA, Australia or basically anywhere lese than a country totally unsuitable to host a summer football tournament.

Word is the Qatar "bIdding committee" are moving on and have won the rights to the Winter Olympics - once again they deny any accusations of bribery between them and the IOC.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:One can only hope the WC is shifted to USA, Australia or basically anywhere lese than a country totally unsuitable to host a summer football tournament.

Word is the Qatar "bIdding committee" are moving on and have won the rights to the Winter Olympics - once again they deny any accusations of bribery between them and the IOC.

you were dangerously close to actual comedy there. Be very careful my friend.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby The Italian Job » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:52 pm

saulman wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
City64 wrote:Just heard on radio that FIFA have made a statement that a re vote is now required after these serious allegations have come to light ! Bent cunts !

A cynic might suspect a new vote offers an opportunity to top up their bank accounts again.

A gift that keeps giving. They probably leaked those emails themselves.

That was my first thought. They get a way out of the whole Winter World Cup fiasco, probably keep some change & pocket another handful from the stand-in. And noone gives a shit whether they are now 'officially' corrupt or not, as their reputation is FUBAR anyway.

Crafty bastards.
The Italian Job
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: El City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Let me get this straight. A load of bent bastards vote for Qatar after taking back-handers for their votes. They then get caught with their pants down, so instead of a full investigation and half of them being sacked they get to stick their snouts in the trough again?

It's not just the giver who's bent, it's those who receive that are the worst.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Let me get this straight. A load of bent bastards vote for Qatar after taking back-handers for their votes. They then get caught with their pants down, so instead of a full investigation and half of them being sacked they get to stick their snouts in the trough again?

i was thinking this morning...it's amazing that as organized criminals and racketeers around the world get more and more educated, professional and sophisticated...these cunts at FIFA and UEFA get more and more barbaric in their methods of fraud and criminality and suffer no penalty. When will someone put this group to the sword and end the illusion? It's fucking amazing. Although, i guess in hindsight the IoC is the most similar org and they are bent as fuck, or have been over time, as well.

The whole setup is created for bungs. Bungs R Us should be their name. Worse than an Indian civil servant these days. Even they've had to get their collective act together in the face of technology and modernity.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Let me get this straight. A load of bent bastards vote for Qatar after taking back-handers for their votes. They then get caught with their pants down, so instead of a full investigation and half of them being sacked they get to stick their snouts in the trough again?

i was thinking this morning...it's amazing that as organized criminals and racketeers around the world get more and more educated, professional and sophisticated...these cunts at FIFA and UEFA get more and more barbaric in their methods of fraud and criminality and suffer no penalty. When will someone put this group to the sword and end the illusion? It's fucking amazing. Although, i guess in hindsight the IoC is the most similar org and they are bent as fuck, or have been over time, as well.

The whole setup is created for bungs. Bungs R Us should be their name. Worse than an Indian civil servant these days. Even they've had to get their collective act together in the face of technology and modernity.

I suspect that if proven, this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I also suspect that proving it is going to be the difficult bit, as FIFA have a history of making a sacrifice a la Warner, then closing ranks. That said, it going to be difficult to get anyone to believe that bin Hammam and a few delegates acted in isolation.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:30 pm

So FIFA have been caught out and shown to be bent bastards (shock horror).

Next UEFA.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:So FIFA have been caught out and shown to be bent bastards (shock horror).

Next UEFA.

Bite your tongue. These are the pillars of the footballing world.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Platini with questions to answer about secret meeting with Bin Hammam according to tomorrow's Telegraph. Incredibly he voted for Qatar. Couldn't happen to a nicer man.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:05 am

blues2win wrote:Platini with questions to answer about secret meeting with Bin Hammam according to tomorrow's Telegraph. Incredibly he voted for Qatar. Couldn't happen to a nicer man.

He's probably fined us to pay the bribe.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:44 am

blues2win wrote:Platini with questions to answer about secret meeting with Bin Hammam according to tomorrow's Telegraph. Incredibly he voted for Qatar. Couldn't happen to a nicer man.

Blatter said the other week that political pressure from France and Germany where Qatar have significant interests was what drove the Qatar vote, so it's not that incredible that he voted for Qatar.

The extent to which this is true, and the extent to which outright corruption took place is where the waters are muddied, but that admission alone shows that the decision to vote for Qatar was at the very least a politically motivated move rather than a football based decision
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:11 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Blatter said the other week that political pressure from France and Germany where Qatar have significant interests was what drove the Qatar vote, so it's not that incredible that he voted for Qatar.

The extent to which this is true, and the extent to which outright corruption took place is where the waters are muddied, but that admission alone shows that the decision to vote for Qatar was at the very least a politically motivated move rather than a football based decision

Most of the significant footballing investment in France from Qatar came after the vote though - a cynic might say the vote (and Platini's very public support of Qatar before the vote took place) was a prerequisite of the investment.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 am

Dameerto wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Most of the significant footballing investment in France from Qatar came after the vote though - a cynic might say the vote (and Platini's very public support of Qatar before the vote took place) was a prerequisite of the investment.

Some would point out that Platini's son got a job working for the PSG ownership AFTER the WC voted Qatar as a host - a host nation completely unsuitable but whom Platini openly admits he voted for.

Some would also seek to point out that Platini is a bent, corrupt, bitter, fat French turd with an agenda that floats with whoever whispers in his ear and lines his pockets, rather than what his mandate is which is to act in the best interests of European football.

Quite a few out there would hope this whole scandal brings down Blatter and Fifa, brings down Platini and half of Uefa, causes PSG's Qatar ownership to eff off, leads to re-vote in 2022, and finishes with Platini, Blatter and Hoeness all jailed at the same time. A footballing hat-trick the true fan could savour. Well I can dream...
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:01 am

I meant that Platini's support for Qatar was incredible if football criteria were used. To think that Australia and the US, two highly credible bidding countries, received almost no support was a disgrace.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:25 am

Dameerto wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

No, I'm afraid what Blatter is talking about is way above football in the food chain.

The Qatari sovereign wealth funds have been buying all sorts up all over Europe, and are still being encouraged to do more

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5fc9b2f0-dccc ... ab7de.html

French President François Hollande used a weekend visit to Qatar to call for more investment from the gas-rich Gulf state to boost job creation in France.

Mr Hollande told business leaders he hoped more Qatari money could be lured into France’s services and industrial sectors, with a reciprocal rise in French companies implementing the grand development ambitions of this fast-growing Gulf state.

“We have reached a balance (of bilateral investments) and wish to preserve that and want to increase the volume of that exchange,” he told a news conference in Doha, noting that France was trailing behind the UK and Germany in the race to lure Qatari petrodollars.
Qatar, which has been flexing its financial muscle since the credit crisis, has made several investments in French companies and real estate, amounting to as much as $15bn in the past few years. The ruling family has also invested significant amounts of money in Paris.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am

patrickblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I suspect that if proven, this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I also suspect that proving it is going to be the difficult bit, as FIFA have a history of making a sacrifice a la Warner, then closing ranks. That said, it going to be difficult to get anyone to believe that bin Hammam and a few delegates acted in isolation.

I'll be shocked & very pleasently surprised if anything worthwhile happens short term, as the whole organisation is corrupt, but they mat get the cunts eventually.

I agree that it seems like criminals, drug smugglers, terrorists etc have to employ all manner of ingenious trickery to evade detection/capture, wheras FIFA/UEFA reps can just balatantly go on the screaming piss with people who are obviously trying to influence them, & basically light cigars with £50 notes in front of the general public, without anyone doing anything to stop it.

World Cup aside, in what other business could you have an authority openly canvassing opinion from a cartel about how to place artificial limits on the growth of a rival company, like Platini has done with City ? Even having reps from the rival companies sitting on the panel & forcing their rivals to reveal details of their sponsors etc & exactly what deals they have made ?

It's just incredible that governments etc have sat back & allowed this blatant level of obvious corruption to happen. Having said that, when they took the piss out of England over the World Cup, they also took the piss out of the British Government, so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have a few blokes from MI6 compliling a large file on this & a few countries were very pissed off with the Qatar situation . There could be intelligence sharing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:43 pm

As long as 2+2 = 4 Platini will be found to be a corrupt cunt.
Son gets Job with Qatar sports company, PSG are not privvy to Dads thoughts are they ?

He now has to admit meeting Bin Hamman, after it leaks.Simple maths BENT CUNT along with Blatter Taking the piss !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:23 pm

The stench of corruption in this case is nauseating but not a fuckin thing will happen to the bent cunt's.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Ha ha ha, the heir to the throne has been thrown to the dogs by Blatter. Fucking priceless.

Where did those breaches come from?

However, I think Platini might just slime out of this one and force Blatter out; eventually.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Apparently one of the Qatar people was asked what this $5 million fund represented and he said "Thursday."
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum