FIFA in trouble FINALLY over Qatar World Cup bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA in trouble FINALLY over Qatar World Cup bid

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 pm

The last couple of WCs have had massive problems, putting those countries into serious financial situations yet FIFA think this sort of shit is OK.

As the likes of Suriname have a vote on these kind of things, let's give it them?

How the fuck they get a vote is beyond my thinking, ALLOWING a member to have a vote when all's he/she is doing is enjoying the bountiful fruits of what his/her position brings!

Who makes these rules?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:10 pm

On that subject Beefers, are you aware that the terms of applying for the World Cup is the host country has responsibility to pay for the stadiums and infrastructure, whilst FiFA make all the profit. In simple terms, you pay the bill and we take the money.

The only advantage to the host nation is the boost to the local economy and the status from having the eye's of the World on them.

I nearly forgot...FiFA also demand that all the profit is tax free.

Some deal that for a non profit making organisation.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:19 pm

john68 wrote:On that subject Beefers, are you aware that the terms of applying for the World Cup is the host country has responsibility to pay for the stadiums and infrastructure, whilst FiFA make all the profit. In simple terms, you pay the bill and we take the money.

The only advantage to the host nation is the boost to the local economy and the status from having the eye's of the World on them.

I nearly forgot...FiFA also demand that all the profit is tax free.

Some deal that for a non profit making organisation.

Ever read the book Soccernomics? Very interesting and informative. A chapter in there of "Why countries want to host the World Cup".

Basically says there is no economic benefit whatsoever and usually the host nation runs a loss. The benefit is a sense of happiness for the citizens of the host nation. Well worth a read
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:30 pm

nottsblue wrote: Ever read the book Soccernomics? Very interesting and informative. A chapter in there of "Why countries want to host the World Cup". Basically says there is no economic benefit whatsoever and usually the host nation runs a loss. The benefit is a sense of happiness for the citizens of the host nation. Well worth a read

Yep, and the conclusion they came to that the majority don't even benefit from a measurable feel good factor lasting any longer than those 4 weeks and thus its a total wage of time on economic terms.

Thing is, more recently for countries like Brazil, China with the Olympics is that these events are almost like the cherry on top of their massive economic development, saying to the world, look at us, we are modern and open for business. Whether it makes a difference in these new economies will only be known in decades to come
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Franz Beckenbauer has just been banned from 'football activities' for 90 days for refusing to co-operate with Garcia's investigation (he was a voting member on FIFA's executive committee).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -world-cup
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Dameerto wrote:Franz Beckenbauer has just been banned from 'football activities' for 90 days for refusing to co-operate with Garcia's investigation (he was a voting member on FIFA's executive committee).

Sort of punishment you get for being pissed up at the end of season dinner and making a twat of yourself. (Been there done that)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Dameerto wrote:Franz Beckenbauer has just been banned from 'football activities' for 90 days for refusing to co-operate with Garcia's investigation (he was a voting member on FIFA's executive committee).

The Sunday Times reported that in June 2011, Beckenbauer visited Qatar as part of a business delegation for the Hamburg shipping company ER Capital Holding, for which Beckenbauer was an advisor and ambassador. He has since 2012 also been an ambassador for the Association of Russian Gas Producers.

So, one of them raises equity and the other, well, it's self-explanatory.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Surely if he had nothing to hide he would cooperate ? And the penalty should be 90 days plus another request for cooperation, which if refused means a year ban, then two years, then life ban.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Completely agree. A shame to see one of the all time greats behaving in this disgraceful way.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm not so sure that Franz electing to stay quiet is necessarily an implication that he has been involved in anything shady.

The fallout of Franz being banned stokes the embers around Sepps feet. Why on earth would Franz want to remain unco-operative ?

Perhaps to keep the inquiry going , till Sepp disappears ,
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 pm

zuricity wrote:I'm not so sure that Franz electing to stay quiet is necessarily an implication that he has been involved in anything shady. The fallout of Franz being banned stokes the embers around Sepps feet. Why on earth would Franz want to remain unco-operative ? Perhaps to keep the inquiry going , till Sepp disappears ,

He released a statement saying he requested an interview in German, and this had not been forthcoming. Although curiously he seems quite capable of attacking City in English?

FIFA have released a statement to say that he has repeatedly refused to answer written questions put to him in both German and English

Looks like FIFA think they may have found a scapegoat
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Brief shot of Platini near the end of that game, with his bleary eyes & drooping face, struggling to stay awake after his half time six fucking kilos of duck stuffed with lard & bucket of wine.

Fat corrupt cunt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
He released a statement saying he requested an interview in German, and this had not been forthcoming. Although curiously he seems quite capable of attacking City in English?

FIFA have released a statement to say that he has repeatedly refused to answer written questions put to him in both German and English

Looks like FIFA think they may have found a scapegoat

Nothing wrong with that . Legally he can express himself much better in German than English.

My only point being that for Franz to remain deliberately quiet is unusual.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:17 am

Ask him about City and FFP, that will get the cnut talking.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Surely if he had nothing to hide he would cooperate ?

This.

Dameerto wrote:Ask him about City and FFP, that will get the cnut talking.

And this.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 pm

I just hope this latest scam with the ticket syndicates can be traced back to the little zwerg Seppo himself.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum