NYCFC Transfers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: NYCFC Transfers

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu May 29, 2014 11:06 pm

You can't just give money from one business to another, FIFA will see right through it.

Kind of depressing City are taking over all these clubs round the world. I thought there was one City, now there are loads.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby twosips » Thu May 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Melbourne will still be Melbourne. Same with the other established clubs...

NYCFC is the only one that's gonna be majorly like City. I'm quite excited by it to be honest. It means more football to watch and i can't wait to follow our youngsters in actually competitive (most likely) televised games.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Thu May 29, 2014 11:14 pm

AG7 wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote: One of them will most likely be sent to Melbourne.

But hey what about Japan then? Oh, wait, we're buying one in China too (reports suggesting one of the Shanghai clubs to be announced soon, majority stake like NY and Mel) ...

If they did, then they would have a controlling interest in two clubs eligible to play in the Asian Champion's League, and I assume that would be a problem with their equivalent of UEFA. (Not that I've looked into it though).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby walshawblue » Fri May 30, 2014 9:21 pm

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/05/rep ... ntial.html

Looks like David Villa be training with us if this is to believed.

y TIM FONTENAULT

Atletico Madrid striker David Villa would train with Premier League champions Manchester City until February if he signs with New York City FC, according to Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Villa has been linked to NYCFC, which will begin play in Major League Soccer next season, for several days, and a move appears to be imminent. The report also adds that Villa will have time to settle his family in the U.S. before he joins NYCFC for their inaugural season.

Manchester City co-owns the expansion club with Major League Baseball’s New York Yankees, which would explain the reason for the striker training in England until MLS camps open. The deal is not yet done, however, and according to reports in Australia, Villa could still join NYCFC’s sister club, A-League side Melbourne Hearts, which is also owned by Manchester City.

If this report is true, Villa would be risking significant time off the field ahead of the move, as he would be training, but after the 2014 UEFA Champions League Final, his next club appearance would be in March, when NYCFC begins its first MLS season.

Villa scored 13 goals in 30 matches for the La Liga champions during his first season at the club after a move from FC Barcelona. He has spent his entire career in Spain, having also played for Valencia, Real Zaragoza and Sporting Gijon. The 32 year old has 223 goals in La Liga in 426 matches.

The Spanish striker is preparing for this summer’s World Cup with the reigning champions. Villa is Spain’s all-time leading scorer with 56 goals in 94 caps. The next closest active player is Fernando Torres, who is third all time with 36 goals in 106 caps.

NYCFC’s first manager, former Real Salt Lake boss Jason Kreis, has been in Manchester since last January preparing for his new role.

———-

What do you think of this report? Do you believe that Villa would be okay without playing regularly for a long period? Do you think that Villa will sign in New York?

Share your thoughts belo
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri May 30, 2014 9:30 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:You can't just give money from one business to another, FIFA will see right through it.

Kind of depressing City are taking over all these clubs round the world. I thought there was one City, now there are loads.

It's already been confirmed by MLS that NYCFC will be allowed to take 4 on loan from MCFC.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri May 30, 2014 9:37 pm

walshawblue wrote:NYCFC’s first manager, former Real Salt Lake boss Jason Kreis, has been in Manchester since last January preparing for his new role.

For anyone interested here is Kreis at City.

[youtube]uwnklazhoy0[/youtube]
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Fri May 30, 2014 9:53 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
walshawblue wrote:NYCFC’s first manager, former Real Salt Lake boss Jason Kreis, has been in Manchester since last January preparing for his new role.

For anyone interested here is Kreis at City.

[youtube]uwnklazhoy0[/youtube]

Cheers. Patty V is going to be the next City manager. Forget about Pep.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Poor Atletico are getting gutted
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 31, 2014 1:58 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Poor Atletico are getting gutted

Poor athletico?

They'll reload and sell the players at a tidy profit in 2-3 years. And they just won the league you spazfuck. And they have a great young manager. And villa is like 100 years old in continental footballing years.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 31, 2014 7:00 am

It's a business model for Atletico.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat May 31, 2014 2:34 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Poor athletico?

They'll reload and sell the players at a tidy profit in 2-3 years. And they just won the league you spazfuck. And they have a great young manager. And villa is like 100 years old in continental footballing years.

Are you incapable of making a post without an insult in it? Jesus. Grow up.

Yes, poor Atletico. Just like poor Southampton. They have their best ever season but then get picked apart by vultures ensuring they have no chance of repeating that success next season. That sucks for them.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Are you incapable of making a post without an insult in it? Jesus. Grow up.

Yes, poor Atletico. Just like poor Southampton. They have their best ever season but then get picked apart by vultures ensuring they have no chance of repeating that success next season. That sucks for them.

It's hard not to insult your craptastic posts.

I don't try and resist. Felchface.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 31, 2014 7:07 pm

Lampards a done deal!
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:17 pm

ruralblue wrote:Lampards a done deal!

MEN has published a picture which is apparently Villa in Manchester for his medical.

I'd quite like both of them on loan until January
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:42 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Lampards a done deal!

MEN has published a picture which is apparently Villa in Manchester for his medical.

I'd quite like both of them on loan until January

Ineligible
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:24 am

Scatman wrote:
Ineligible

Why? A few places have said this about Villa and whilst I understand he can't just play if he's owned by NYCFC or MLS, however it works, why can't they loan them to a PL club as happened with Donovan etc?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Ineligible

Why? A few places have said this about Villa and whilst I understand he can't just play if he's owned by NYCFC or MLS, however it works, why can't they loan them to a PL club as happened with Donovan etc?

it could be that their contracts don't start until the pre-season of 2015? i dunno. i don't care, because i wouldn't want either showing up at City. So, there's that.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dwaring » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Villa confirmed:

@NYCFC: Welcome to New York City: David Villa (@Guaje7Villa) officially signs as #NYCFC's first ever player. #VillatoNYCFC http://t.co/zzR3gEbmTV
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Dwaring wrote:Villa confirmed:

@NYCFC: Welcome to New York City: David Villa (@Guaje7Villa) officially signs as #NYCFC's first ever player. #VillatoNYCFC http://t.co/zzR3gEbmTV

There's something about him holding up that blue shirt with his name on it which is both heart warming and a little bit heart breaking
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Dwaring wrote:Villa confirmed:

There's something about him holding up that blue shirt with his name on it which is both heart warming and a little bit heart breaking

I agree, this whole NYCFC adventure is actually quite exciting really! It half feels like he has signed for City, which is nice... but of course he hasn't... which in some ways is a shame as i think he could cut the mustard for us still!

Still.. I for one, will 100% be supporting NYCFC going forward, this whole project is just great for City in terms of revenue, FFP and even reputation, while also being great for the MLS, who will get more quality players over there playing.

I've a feeling in the next 4-8 years, MLS is going to boom in popularity. We are jumping on board at just the right time! Exciting stuff!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum