NYCFC Transfers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: NYCFC Transfers

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Nice reserve squad of seasoned players if we get into trouble with injuries throughout the season.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Slim wrote:Nice reserve squad of seasoned players if we get into trouble with injuries throughout the season.

That's not how this can work.

I'm.clearly.talking.to.myself.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Well there are no loaning out restrictions in the mls to outside leagues so any player on nycfc that is willing to go to city (that's what the mls rules stipulate) can join. I guess that sounds like "duh" but hold on...

Since city is the parent club it would seem logical that nycfc players could be de facto reserves as moving from the mls to a top premier league club that owns your club should be attractive and of course the coaches and training may be similar. Yes, that does not technically make them city players but if we wanted one nycfc player they developed or thought was premier league material it would seem an easy switch given the connections.

However, 4 city players can be loaned to nycfc which does make the team somewhat of a mini-reserves squad given the two clubs' relationship and no restrictions on loaning players out from the mls.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Oh and i read in the ny times today nycfc said villa will be loaned to another team later in the summer but not to city, for those wondering.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:Oh and i read in the ny times today nycfc said villa will be loaned to another team later in the summer but not to city, for those wondering.

As I said before it will most likely be Melbourne as the guest player.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Report: Xavi Hernandez deal with NYCFC imminent

According to Barcelona paper Sport, Xavi Hernandez is deciding on his future while vacationing in Ibiza, but the very likely destination is new MLS franchise New York City FC.

The report says the offer on the table for the 34-year-old is for $24 million over three years, beginning in 2015.

Fellow Spaniard David Villa was announced as the first signing for NYCFC just over a month ago.

Xavi looked lost in Spain’s disappointing World Cup campaign, playing in their opening match – a 5-1 loss to the Netherlands – before being benched by coach Vicente del Bosque.

With 474 league appearances and 678 over all competitions, Xavi has spent his entire career with Barcelona, scoring 80 goals and assisting 153.

For more on the story, visit Soccerly’s coverage of Xavi’s potential arrival at MLS.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... &utm_tags=
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:07 pm

So potentially Xavi, villa and lampard might be able to come and bolster our title pushing squad later on next season?
I know dooms says it ain't so but cuntfacebeckham did with psg??
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Wooders wrote:So potentially Xavi, villa and lampard might be able to come and bolster our title pushing squad later on next season?

Loan in Jan for 6 weeks? Okay sure. Big fucking whoop.

If any of those 3 gets in the team then we have bigger issues.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wooders wrote:So potentially Xavi, villa and lampard might be able to come and bolster our title pushing squad later on next season?

Loan in Jan for 6 weeks? Okay sure. Big fucking whoop.

If any of those 3 gets in the team then we have bigger issues.

lampard in for a few weeks when the cry baby is at the acon wouldn't be a bad thing...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Despite what people think the other 'City' clubs are not feeder clubs for MCFC.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:54 pm

I tell you what, that NYCFC is a master stroke.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 am

Signing Fatso might not be . . .

British soccer star poised to join NY team once mocked Americans after 9/11 attacks

In 2001, Frank Lampard was among four British players who mocked American tourists stranded at a hotel near Heathrow Airport because of the Sept. 11 attacks. Lampard, 36, is reportedly in negotiations to join the New York City FC Major League Soccer team.
A British soccer star poised to ink a deal to play in New York City once got in trouble for mocking grieving Americans after the 9/11 attacks.
Frank Lampard, 36, is reportedly in negotiations to join the New York City FC Major League Soccer team, which is owned by the Yankees and the Premier League champion Manchester City.
“We don’t comment on signing rumors,” said team spokeswoman Risa Heller.
In 2001, Lampard was among four British players who mocked American tourists stranded at a hotel near Heathrow Airport because of the Sept. 11 attacks.
Just 24 hours after the tragedy, Lampard and his Chelsea teammates drunkenly stripped, swore and vomited in front of the upset U.S. tourists.
He and his mates were fined by the club.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/british-soccer-star-mocked-americans-9-11-article-1.1874241
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:58 am

As per my thread a little while back (disappeared when site changed):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -move.html

Barcelona are expected to announce that club legend Xavi Hernandez will finally be leaving them after 23 years service.

The club captain has negotiated a settlement on the two years left on his contract leaving the way clear for him to join Manchester City’s MLS franchise New York City.

The club captain who turned up at the Camp Nou as a hopeful 11-year-old and went on to play a record 723 matches for them, winning 22 trophies leaves the club after 16 seasons with the first team.

Barca fans have feared the confirmation of Xavi’s departure for weeks and with this Thursday set as the date for his return to training finally confirmation is imminent.

Although Manchester City’s new MLS side New York City looks like being his new destination that will still give him a year to fill ahead of their big kick-off in 2015.

The confirmation of his departure, expected from the club on Tuesday, means that when Barcelona jet into England on Monday to spend a week at the FA’s St. George’s Park they will do so without one of the most important players in their history – the player who led them to three of their four European Cup triumphs.

Xavi is expected to take part in a benefit game for Deco who retired last year on Friday. He will line up along side Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Leo Messi in a match between the Porto side that won the Champions Leage under Jose Mourinho in 2004 and the Barcelona side that won it in 2006 in Portugal on Friday
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Sources say Lamps is done and will be announced tomorrow
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 pm

New York City FC are set to unveil their latest player acquisition, and they're doing so at one of the city's most iconic spots.

NYCFC announced on Wednesday that a “major new signing” will be revealed at a soccer field on Pier 5 at Brooklyn Bridge Park, with a clinic for 40 local children to follow. The live stream of the event will be carried by MLSsoccer.com here.

Head coach Jason Kreis and Claudio Reyna, the 2015 MLS expansion club's sporting director, will lead the ceremonies, which kick off at 10:30 am ET.

NYCFC previously announced the signing of Spanish international David Villa, as well as MLS veterans Jeb Brovsky and Josh Saunders, all of whom have gone out to other clubs on loan ahead of next season.

Media reports have recently linked the ambitious MLS newcomers with several global stars, including Spanish midfielder Xavi, Englishman Frank Lampard and Italian striker Alberto Gilardino.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... ign=Unpaid
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Press Conference is going to be streamed live on YouTube

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Sorry but this NYCFC "project" leaves me colder than a block of ice in the artic.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Im hearing crowd noise.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 pm

We have pictures!
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 pm

I can see fat Frank.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum