Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Arsenal have signed Alexis Sanchez from Barca for undisclosed fee rumoured to be in excess of £30m. This then surely paves the way for Suarez to complete his move.

Could have swore Wenger said we were ruining football last season, then has bought two players for the thick end of £75m. Dickhead
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Some very impressive signings being made by our rival clubs so far this summer.Its easier said than done but would hope to make a signing that will instantly improve our team.I don't know enough about Fernando to be excited about him and none of the other signings are upgrades on what we already have.
Last edited by Green & Blue on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Some very impressive signings being made by our rival clubs so far this summer.

will be interesting to see what their excuses will be if it doesnt work out for them then...or will they merely pressure UEFA to bar us from all competitions for financial doping? the stench of hypocrisy is so bad Ive had to shut all my windows
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Some very impressive signings being made by our rival clubs so far this summer.

will be interesting to see what their excuses will be if it doesnt work out for them then...or will they merely pressure UEFA to bar us from all competitions for financial doping? the stench of hypocrisy is so bad Ive had to shut all my windows

Chelsea have covered all outlays after fleecing Psg with the sale of that clown David Luiz.The rags on the other hand look to be set to spend a fortune and have very few saleable assists to offset what they need to spend to mount any sort of a challenge.Fully expect the millions they spend this summer to go unnoticed, most likely it will be celebrated in the media as the "genius" van gaal sneaks his ugly head in the door.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Lets all cool down about the rags. They've bought some players, all of whom are better than what they had. But they are a spent force. They can't afford the best. Likewise, Van Gaal is competent. But he cant win the premier league by playing for penalties and he wont have Robben. And Van Persie looks as if he is fucked!
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:26 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Lets all cool down about the rags. They've bought some players, all of whom are better than what they had. But they are a spent force. They can't afford the best. Likewise, Van Gaal is competent. But he cant win the premier league by playing for penalties and he wont have Robben. And Van Persie looks as if he is fucked!

They bought two very good players. That they needed.

If they get Vidal and a top CB they can challenge for the title IMHO.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 am

nottsblue wrote:Arsenal have signed Alexis Sanchez from Barca for undisclosed fee rumoured to be in excess of £30m. This then surely paves the way for Suarez to complete his move.

Could have swore Wenger said we were ruining football last season, then has bought two players for the thick end of £75m. Dickhead

Just goes to show how determined Whinger is to make sure Arsenal finish in their customary fourth place again, this forthcoming season.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:42 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Lets all cool down about the rags. They've bought some players, all of whom are better than what they had. But they are a spent force. They can't afford the best. Likewise, Van Gaal is competent. But he cant win the premier league by playing for penalties and he wont have Robben. And Van Persie looks as if he is fucked!

cheers

I remember us blowing our transfer budget on a left back & some uninspiring midfielders.

Those were the days...
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I remember us blowing our transfer budget on a left back & some uninspiring midfielders.

Those were the days...

I don't think the dude from athletic is uninspiring. Quite the opposite.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:30 pm

lol @ the rags paying 28 mil for luke shaw.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Those were the days...

OK I am biting? Which part is inspiring? The excellent number of goals he scores which averages almost 1 every 14 games? Even Fellaini has almost 1 in 6nin his career....not for utd of course ha ha ha
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Fellaini's cut his brush off. Like a new signing.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm

"Am thrilled to be joining Arsenal. I can't wait for the battle for fourth then I can join the champions Manchester City next summer", said Alexis Sanchez in a statement tonight
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby michaelcityfan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 pm

If Liverpool get 75 million will they get good players or do the scouser thing and blow it in the pub some Charlie and a regrettable sexual encounuter in a car park? Seriously who will.Brenda buy?
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Rumors that Di Maria is going to United
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby twosips » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:25 am

There is reportedly some serious talent heading to our rivals at the moment. Di Maria to United? Khedira next after Sanchez for Arsenal? Costa and Cesc at Chelsea....

Reckon there will be more too. Gonna be a very interesting, and challenging, season.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:40 am

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Those were the days...

OK I am biting? Which part is inspiring? The excellent number of goals he scores which averages almost 1 every 14 games? Even Fellaini has almost 1 in 6nin his career....not for utd of course ha ha ha

His dribbling, tackling and passing.

5 goals and 5 assists isn't a horrific return either is it?

He's a very good player. Not world class but the kind of player who can be part of a winner IMHO.

I watch athletic bilbao because my son loves playing with them on FIFA so we've grown fond of them I guess at Casa Doomy.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Those were the days...

Assessing midfielders by goals scored exclusively? And people wonder why England can't string 3 passes together & why the Golden Generation™ won fuck all with a Lampard/Gerrard CENTRAL MIDFIELD pairing. Bunch of brainless, goal hanging non-midfielders.

Herrera may not be a flashy world beater, but he is a very tidy midfielder & most importantly miles better than what they have in that area, which makes them a better team than last year. Nothing to be afraid of, for sure, but taking the piss out of a midfielder for not being Lampard/Yaya? That Fernandinho bloke must be well shit then. Even less goals/assists than Herrera last season!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby phips » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:58 pm

twosips wrote:There is reportedly some serious talent heading to our rivals at the moment. Di Maria to United? Khedira next after Sanchez for Arsenal? Costa and Cesc at Chelsea....

Reckon there will be more too. Gonna be a very interesting, and challenging, season.

5 challenging for 4 spots with 3 for the title. going to be challenging for sure.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Atletico sold Adrian to Porto.

so thats Adrian, Costa, Courtois, Villa gone and probably Luis and Thiago as well. they did get Mandzukic back but thats still a huge upheaval. back to Barca vs. Real i guess.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus