Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:41 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I think you have mate. Gordon Taylor mentioned that he'd like to see 3 English players in every 1st team which sparked a little debate elsewhere as it may fall inline with the thought that the old guard might by picking up the best English talent prior to changing the rules to suit themselves.

Well ok, if there aren't new rules coming into effect then I'm way off in my initial assessment. I think it could turn out well for United with this signing anyway, but it's a hefty price they've paid. Or rather, it would be hefty for us but somehow I've got a feeling it won't cause as much potential bother as it would for us.

I had a rag telling me how this would be an amazing signing and this would seem cheap when he is world class in 10 years. His face was priceless when I said, what happens if you dont get champs league footy and he winds down his contract and goes for nothing in 4 years at 22 yrs old?

He never thought of that, he had no come back.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
I think you have mate. Gordon Taylor mentioned that he'd like to see 3 English players in every 1st team which sparked a little debate elsewhere as it may fall inline with the thought that the old guard might by picking up the best English talent prior to changing the rules to suit themselves.

Well ok, if there aren't new rules coming into effect then I'm way off in my initial assessment. I think it could turn out well for United with this signing anyway, but it's a hefty price they've paid. Or rather, it would be hefty for us but somehow I've got a feeling it won't cause as much potential bother as it would for us.

I had a rag telling me how this would be an amazing signing and this would seem cheap when he is world class in 10 years. His face was priceless when I said, what happens if you dont get champs league footy and he winds down his contract and goes for nothing in 4 years at 22 yrs old?

He never thought of that, he had no come back.

Not only that, I've not seen any of these expensive English buys actually progress once they get to the Rags. Smalling, Jones, et al, have gone backwards if anything and I'm not quite sure if Shaw will handle the pressure.

I just hope he isn't ruined by them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 am

I understand your thinking but I don't give a shit whether they ruin him or not. There will be another left-back emerging in the next few years that England can use instead. He will of course be England's first choice left-back now he has signed for the filth - until the world realises he is the new tom cleverley.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:53 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165545-liverpool-complete-lallana-deal

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lallana from Southampton.

The 26-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Lallana becomes Brendan Rodgers' second summer signing following the capture of Rickie Lambert, who has also joined from the Saints, while a deal has been agreed in principle for Bayer Leverkusen's Emre Can.

Upon completing his transfer to Liverpool, the midfielder said: "I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

"Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success."

Lallana arrives at Liverpool fresh from returning from Brazil, where he was a part of England's World Cup squad, making three appearances at the finals.

He made 250 appearances for Southampton between August 2006 and May 2014, hitting 58 goals in total and becoming club captain in 2012.

Lallana's performances last season earned him a place in the Barclays Premier League Team of the Year for 2013-14.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165545-liverpool-complete-lallana-deal

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lallana from Southampton.

The 26-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Lallana becomes Brendan Rodgers' second summer signing following the capture of Rickie Lambert, who has also joined from the Saints, while a deal has been agreed in principle for Bayer Leverkusen's Emre Can.

Upon completing his transfer to Liverpool, the midfielder said: "I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

"Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success."

Lallana arrives at Liverpool fresh from returning from Brazil, where he was a part of England's World Cup squad, making three appearances at the finals.

He made 250 appearances for Southampton between August 2006 and May 2014, hitting 58 goals in total and becoming club captain in 2012.

Lallana's performances last season earned him a place in the Barclays Premier League Team of the Year for 2013-14.

What a bargain.52million scum and pool spend on two marginally above average players. press wont lay into them over it though. wankfest all round I would imagine. They slag off the england team then suck off the players that made up the squad the rest of the time. Need to make up their tiny minds
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Let's hope Southampton win at Anfield in the first game of the season! Lmfao
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:32 pm

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3943327/title/costa-agreement-reached

Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa, with Chelsea meeting the buy-out clause for the Spanish international.

Is this our money they're spending?

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3943327/title/costa-agreement-reached

Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa, with Chelsea meeting the buy-out clause for the Spanish international.

Is this our money they're spending?

Let them have him. Not a patch on any of our frontline boys
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:41 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Let's hope Southampton win at Anfield in the first game of the season! Lmfao

Would be hilarious if it did happen, especially as it looks like they are now in for Lovren as well.
At this rate Southampton are going to be mega rich but with a shit team
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Young Dundee united lad Ryan Gauld has just signed for Sporting Lisbon. He's a real talent. Incredibly gifted footballer. I honestly hope we saw more of this. A huge part of England's (and other home countries' problems) is that the youngsters refuse to move around to look for football. We're the only country in the world where our players won't look abroad for opportunities which definitely hampers development as many would rather drop down divisions then play in a top division abroad which is mental really. I know Gauld is Scottish, but it's the same principle still... I'll be following his progress quite closely. Hope he does well.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Now United are rumored to have bid 40m for Juan Cuadrado.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Young Dundee united lad Ryan Gauld has just signed for Sporting Lisbon. He's a real talent. Incredibly gifted footballer. I honestly hope we saw more of this. A huge part of England's (and other home countries' problems) is that the youngsters refuse to move around to look for football. We're the only country in the world where our players won't look abroad for opportunities which definitely hampers development as many would rather drop down divisions then play in a top division abroad which is mental really. I know Gauld is Scottish, but it's the same principle still... I'll be following his progress quite closely. Hope he does well.

Of the top of my head, I'd say British and German players are very reluctant to move elsewhere. Italians have been in the past but I don't think it will take much more continued decline for Italian league football for their stars to move across the pond to Spain or Germany or even England.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Of the top of my head, I'd say British and German players are very reluctant to move elsewhere. Italians have been in the past but I don't think it will take much more continued decline for Italian league football for their stars to move across the pond to Spain or Germany or even England.

German players are nowhere near as reluctant as English players. Italians are absolutely everywhere too.. Germans may be more reluctant compared to say, Spanish players, but they're nowhere near the level of the English. About a 1/3rd of the German squad has played abroad/currently does play abroad compared to a big fat 0 of the England team (and that's pretty much the norm apart from the odd one or two Beckham, Owen briefly etc).... It's definitely a cultural and social thing.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 pm

German players are nowhere near as reluctant as English players. Italians are absolutely everywhere too.. Germans may be more reluctant compared to say, Spanish players, but they're nowhere near the level of the English. About a 1/3rd of the German squad has played abroad/currently does play abroad compared to a big fat 0 of the England team (and that's pretty much the norm apart from the odd one or two Beckham, Owen briefly etc).... It's definitely a cultural and social thing.

I agree and my post wasn't a counterargument to your post, I just thought aloud after reading what you'd written. I mean, I started watching football quite late but I don't think Italians abroad was that common, neither Germans. I don't know though, but yeah, English players are deffo the worst at moving abroad and when they do it often ends in failure. Beckham during his last season at Real Madrid was awesome though, sorry forum for writing this,.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Ah fair enough. According to this... http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/F ... onalities/ there were 9 Italians in our league last year and 11 germans. There are 0 english in Italy and 1 in germany apparently. It's the same basically in France, Spain etc

It's startling to be honest. If you consider them as jobs its like ruling out 90% of the available market.. no wonder many struggle to find football whereas the foreign lads, even the ones from affluent countries, just move abroad to any division to get football/develop. If some of the young kids not quite good enough to make it at City or Liverpool or United or whatever would move abroad they'd have loads more options and many would develop and come back much, much better players. Instead they drop down into clogger leagues and learn fuck all, or simply just stagnate in the reserves.

I know he's foreign, but look at Matic at Chelsea. Didn't get a chance, moved to a good club abroad instead of dropping down a division, became great. You don't see that from English kids
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:08 pm

english players are, in the main, too thick to move abroad
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:english players are, in the main, too thick to move abroad

Bullshit. Joey Barton learned a fake french accent within a fortnight.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:16 pm

twosips wrote:There are 0 english in Italy and 1 in germany apparently. It's the same basically in France, Spain etc

Michael Mancienne at Hamburger
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 pm

So Sanchez says he would rather join Arsenal than Liverpool. Must be a keen cyclist.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:english players are, in the main, too thick to move abroad

Bullshit. Joey Barton learned a fake french accent within a fortnight.

cheers

i said 'in the main'

keep up

fuckwit
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext