Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am

zuricity wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:A thread to discuss transfers not related to City.

PSG are apparently trying to buy Luiz (yes, David Luiz) for 50 million pounds (!!!) according to Daily Mail.

How on earth are Chelsea able to get such retarded prices? 37 million for Mata and now this. If it would have been us, we would have loaned him out and sold for a pittance.

Do PSG do their transfers based on fifa or something? He is absolutely terrible. 50 million ffs. Kompany must be worth 150 million at this rate, surely!

Also Rags have been snubbed by Muller and Kroos and are going for Konoplyanka. They have also given an year's extension to Evra according to the BBc and goal.com.

who gives a f*ck The rags paid 27 mill for a used toilet brush and compounded their stupidity by paying 37 mill for an average midfielder. Enjoy the moment.

Mata average? Are you having a laugh? I know you like to play devil's advocate but come off it. Fellaini is shite but Mata is a quality player. Overpriced yes , played out of position by Moyes - yes, but certainly not average. There's rivalry and then there's stupidity.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sat May 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Mata average? Are you having a laugh? I know you like to play devil's advocate but come off it. Fellaini is shite but Mata is a quality player. Overpriced yes , played out of position by Moyes - yes, but certainly not average. There's rivalry and then there's stupidity.

i do not play the devils advocate and i am not having a laugh.Mata is average. Just because he is Spanish , it doesn't make him great.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat May 24, 2014 1:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Mata average? Are you having a laugh? I know you like to play devil's advocate but come off it. Fellaini is shite but Mata is a quality player. Overpriced yes , played out of position by Moyes - yes, but certainly not average. There's rivalry and then there's stupidity.

i do not play the devils advocate and i am not having a laugh.Mata is average. Just because he is Spanish , it doesn't make him great.

Not even you could think Mata was average. He'd fit into our system very nicely. Not having at all. Quality player on his day and even most on here would say that. The fact he's Spanish doesn't make him great, the fact he's a quality footballer does.
Yet you think he's just your average run of the mill midfielder?
Was gutted when he went to the Rags.
You do play devil's advocate mate. On just about everything.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sheikh it all about » Sat May 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote: The good old Guardian and its rag season-card drive. Is that the prospective transfer from which the rags will eventually walk away after they have been snubbed, as usual?

"There's no value in the market".

Time to wheel that one out again.
sheikh it all about
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: The Champions
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat May 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Not even you could think Mata was average. He'd fit into our system very nicely. Not having at all. Quality player on his day and even most on here would say that. The fact he's Spanish doesn't make him great, the fact he's a quality footballer does.
Yet you think he's just your average run of the mill midfielder?
Was gutted when he went to the Rags.
You do play devil's advocate mate. On just about everything.

no i don't , in my opinion he's average.You don't have to agree with me,but it doesn't stop me thinking he is an average player.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Can we just put the record straight.

Jose Mourinho has raked in fuck all. He has told his club to sell two players.

The people who do the trarnsfer dealing at Chelsea, have spoken to the ones at Utd & PSG, & they have agreed two deals.

Cit.revenge wrote:http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=141121 Ok this must be a joke ? Please rags buy him .

I'm glad to see Utd are now starting to be linked with similar nightmare signings to Spurs & AC Milan. That used to be our position in the media league. How times are changing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sun May 25, 2014 8:37 am

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun May 25, 2014 8:39 am

Wouldn't be surprised if the Arse get Fabregas. He was happy there and they could afford him. Whether he's the right player for them I'm not so sure but they like collecting small skilful midfielders. It might mean one of their existing ones being let go. If not I think the scum would be favourites. It does look as though he's on the move and probably back to the Premiership. I saw one paper suggesting Mata might also be on the move. Him and bog brush. More humiliation for Moyes.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Clowncrete » Sun May 25, 2014 10:23 am

blues2win wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the Arse get Fabregas. He was happy there and they could afford him. Whether he's the right player for them I'm not so sure but they like collecting small skilful midfielders. It might mean one of their existing ones being let go. If not I think the scum would be favourites. It does look as though he's on the move and probably back to the Premiership. I saw one paper suggesting Mata might also be on the move. Him and bog brush. More humiliation for Moyes.

Both Rosciky and Arteta are pretty much on their last legs, so Fabregas would be a very good signing for them. But till they get a real good striker and defensive midfielder, they aren't going to improve in the big games.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby phips » Sun May 25, 2014 3:05 pm

i don't see how you can accommodate Mata and Rooney in the same spot so if Barca want to bid that much United should sell. plus, as Jose realized, he doesn't work hard enough
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 25, 2014 3:10 pm

phips wrote:

i don't see how you can accommodate Mata and Rooney in the same spot so if Barca want to bid that much United should sell. plus, as Jose realized, he doesn't work hard enough

Can't see why Barca would want him.

Doesn't work hard enough for them either.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Sun May 25, 2014 8:10 pm

an Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 29m
Reports tonight that West Ham have agreed terms with former Birmingham striker Mauro Zarate
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gillie » Sun May 25, 2014 8:34 pm

the difference ‏@mcfc_charlie 1m
Tom Ince to Inter....
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Sun May 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
phips wrote:

Can't see why Barca would want him.

Doesn't work hard enough for them either.

If you were to play a narrow 4-2-3-1 you could play him Shrek and Januzaj behind Princess. Use overlapping fullbacks for width and a defensive midfielder as defensive cover/sweeper.

The problem is playing a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as they do, can't instill wingers for 20 years and expect change overnight, you'd end up sacking the manager before the season was out.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon May 26, 2014 2:46 am

Slim wrote: If you were to play a narrow 4-2-3-1 you could play him Shrek and Januzaj behind Princess. Use overlapping fullbacks for width and a defensive midfielder as defensive cover/sweeper. The problem is playing a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as they do, can't instill wingers for 20 years and expect change overnight, you'd end up sacking the manager before the season was out.

Funny how they built themselves an old school british system and the manager they brought in had worked like that himself and still fucked it up buying players for a more modern approach.

Makes me smile still months later.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Liverpool have bid for Southampton's entire squad
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Lambert is a common sense move for the dippers. He is very good at penalties.....the dippers get a lot of penalties (over 70% more than any other prem team last season).
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Lambert is a common sense move for the dippers. He is very good at penalties.....the dippers get a lot of penalties (over 70% more than any other prem team last season).

Lambert is an older smaller Andy Carroll. 9m for a 32 yr old. Get in there Southampton and leave a hole where their arm used to be.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Clowncrete » Thu May 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Apparently Bournemouth get 25% of Lallana's sell-on fee. So they are trying to work around this by paying more for Lambert and less for Lallana.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Clowncrete wrote:Apparently Bournemouth get 25% of Lallana's sell-on fee. So they are trying to work around this by paying more for Lambert and less for Lallana.

It's a scam and they should be done for it. Lambert worth about4m lallana 25m, if they juggle it a different way to scam a lower league club out of it there a disgrace.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum