Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 pm

If reports from the dippers are true that they have offloaded Borini for £12m +£2m in add ons and got Remy for £8.5m, then that is sensational business
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:If reports from the dippers are true that they have offloaded Borini for £12m +£2m in add ons and got Remy for £8.5m, then that is sensational business

Who's foolish enough to pay 14 million for Borini? Sunderland?
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
nottsblue wrote:If reports from the dippers are true that they have offloaded Borini for £12m +£2m in add ons and got Remy for £8.5m, then that is sensational business

Who's foolish enough to pay 14 million for Borini? Sunderland?

Yes. But I read somewhere a valid point on all this, and that is that a lot of mid-lower table teams in the prem, even though comparatively wealthy due to the new TV deal, still dont have the pulling power to attract the top echelon names, either on the way up or down, so in a way, as they've had a look at Borini last season, and he did fairly well, its probably seen as a good solid signing rather than pay 4-5 mil less on a punt for a van wolfswinkel type who becomes a complete flop. I agree, It is totally OTT but I thought that was a fair enough point.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:20 pm

If reports from the dippers are true that they have offloaded Borini for £12m +£2m in add ons and got Remy for £8.5m, then that is sensational business
nottsblue

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:57 pm

They paid £13m for Borini and have sold him for a similar fee. No sensational business there. Remy has an £8.5m buy out clause that all clubs would be aware of. All the dippers have done is activate it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Reports have it at £10m for Borini they paid. My point was they have got rid of a very average player and got a half decent one to replace him with and with a surplus of £4m+.
nottsblue

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Yes, I would prefer to have Remy at City than Borini. No argument there. I do think Borini has improved a bit, to be fair, at Sunderland. He did score against us at wembley with a top finish too.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:33 am

I'll hold off on the "sensational business" lark until they replace suarez with someone a little bit better then remy or rickie lambart.

7th beckons again.

Thank fuck.
Original Dub

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 am

I think Remy is a very good signing.I was speaking with a couple of Liverpool fans last night and they didn't seem overly excited at all, the conversation swiftly moved on to them lamenting how amazing Suarez was for them.The same pair overlooked the signing of Sturridge at the time.Remys a quality player who has played well in the prem with poor sides and still averaged a goal every second game.Would not be surprised if he makes a big impression this season.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I think Remy is a very good signing.I was speaking with a couple of Liverpool fans last night and they didn't seem overly excited at all, the conversation swiftly moved on to them lamenting how amazing Suarez was for them.The same pair overlooked the signing of Sturridge at the time.Remys a quality player who has played well in the prem with poor sides and still averaged a goal every second game.Would not be surprised if he makes a big impression this season.

Absolutely.

This was my point. If Sturridge steps up to replace Suarez as focal point, Remy is more than capable to then get the goals to replace the goals Sturridge got.

Maybe sensational was a bit too much, but it's still damn fine business imo
nottsblue

Postby stadiumcat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:I think Remy is a very good signing.I was speaking with a couple of Liverpool fans last night and they didn't seem overly excited at all, the conversation swiftly moved on to them lamenting how amazing Suarez was for them.The same pair overlooked the signing of Sturridge at the time.Remys a quality player who has played well in the prem with poor sides and still averaged a goal every second game.Would not be surprised if he makes a big impression this season.

Absolutely.

This was my point. If Sturridge steps up to replace Suarez as focal point, Remy is more than capable to then get the goals to replace the goals Sturridge got.

Who could the Dippers go for to replace Gnasher?
stadiumcat
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:32 pm

stadiumcat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Absolutely.

No one realistically.

They could buy someone like Tevez but that's not really a solution long term.

They just need to invest in a different approach. I think they are potentially doing that we'll so far tbh.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
stadiumcat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Absolutely.

No one realistically.

They could buy someone like Tevez but that's not really a solution long term.

They just need to invest in a different approach. I think they are potentially doing that we'll so far tbh.

Cheers

doubt carlos wants to come back to england.

going to be a struggle without the biting racist for them to get back to the top 4 this year with man u and spurs likely being better and everton still looking good.

remy may be the best they can get right now, but don't arsenal want him too?

interesting they aren't trying to be in for lukaku.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:16 pm

We'll only know if they're doing well, when we see them in action for a while. They did ok without Hannibal initially, but once the season got into full flow, so many of the key moments were down to him, it's difficult to see how they can repeat it.

It will be fucking stomach churning to see him deified at Barca. It's just wrong.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:21 pm

true, they did do fairly well early on, but they would have never challenged as they had without him.

they will surely need lallana, markovic, sterling, sturridge and coutinho to improve. if that does happen more rapidly they could be better than some of us are giving them credit for.

their defence is still crap though and gerrard is getting closer to past it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Avalon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:13 am

Supposedly Scum is into getting Hummels from Borussia. He's someone I'd like to see alongside Kompany.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 am

Liverpools squad is better this year, but the loss of Suarez plus the additional strain that Champions league brings, plus the additional pressure of them daring to dream last season will be tough for them.

I would have gone straight for Cavani as soon as Barca agreed a fee for Suarez, you cannot do without a top class striker if you want to challenge for the top honours. Lambert is a journeyman who has done well to get where he has, he is past his best and is a silly signing IMO. Lallana, is a good solid signing, Emre Can and Markovich will improve them, plus Lovren and Origi if they go through are decent enough. I like Origi, he is young and pacey and could be a shrewd signing with bags of potential.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:56 pm

James Rodriguez seems to be on the verge on joining real according to marca if my Spanish isn't letting my down of course.

One hit wonder or are they buying the real thing? What's Isco thinking now?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Turns out they have an english site as well:

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/21/en/football/real_madrid/1405926623.html

James Rodríguez's move to Real Madrid is all but in the bag. The agreement reached between Monaco and 'Los Blancos' is practically a done deal, bar a few minor points, and will most likely be signed on Monday. If all goes well an official announcement will be made shortly afterwards.

Madrid have agreed to pay €75 million for James, although this figure could rise to €80m on account of a series of add-ons. Originally, the sum contemplated by the Madrid club was not supposed to exceed €60m.

James will sign a six-year deal with the current champions of Europe, in what has become common practice for Real's recent signings. The player will take home around €7 million net per season. These terms were agreed several days ago and the deal is awaiting the finishing touches to be added.

In the end, the transfer will not involve any other players. In spite of Monaco's interest in several Madrid figures, including Ángel di María and Diego López, these negotiations will be undertaken in their own right.

The future Real number 10 is currently taking it easy in Monaco and awaiting the official announcement of his signing, at which point he will make his way to Madrid. The Golden Boot winner at the recent World Cup arrived back in the Principality having curiously stopped off in Madrid en route.

The Colombian was due to join up with his Monaco teammates in Miami but, barring any last-minute changes, will not be putting himself at Leonardo Jardim's disposal

Read more: It's Real...James is a signature away - MARCA.com (English version)
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:James Rodriguez seems to be on the verge on joining real according to marca if my Spanish isn't letting my down of course.

One hit wonder or are they buying the real thing? What's Isco thinking now?

they are already selling his shirt in the club shop with 10 on the back
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum