Milner Asks to Leave?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner Asks to Leave?

Postby aaron bond » Mon May 19, 2014 12:50 pm

The Original Special One wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Agree too.

He was brought back into the starting line-up for the last few games of the season, and played very well. Then was dropped for the last game. As that's not the first time that's happened, and coupled with the fact he's won plenty of medals now, it's understandable that he'll consider other options.

I hope we can persuade him to stay, or at least keep him for another season and then he can leave next year. Quite a few of our 'homegrown' contingent will be leaving this summer so it's in our interests to keep him also to meet the quotas in place.

I didn't see the Sunderland game - where I think he started at his preferred position, CM - but from everything I heard he was very poor, and may even have been the main reason why they bossed us, after going one down.

Having said that, I like the fact that he's waited until now to start talk about leaving; and that he hasn't disrupted our League campaign by whining about it during the season; but that's the kind of pro. he is.

Garcia and Fernandinho were in centre mid against Sunderland, although yes - Milner did have a poor game. But so did the majority of the players that game!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:It's unlikely Mr professional would ask to leave, certainly not in any public form.

Just put newsnow up, looked down the lists and it's all utter bollox. Time of year.

Glad to hear it; I still like the lad and wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave, but he'll grow best under Pello

Also he's due for renewal, could be a little bargaining gem from his agent.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:05 pm

aaron bond wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Agree too.

He was brought back into the starting line-up for the last few games of the season, and played very well. Then was dropped for the last game. As that's not the first time that's happened, and coupled with the fact he's won plenty of medals now, it's understandable that he'll consider other options.

I hope we can persuade him to stay, or at least keep him for another season and then he can leave next year. Quite a few of our 'homegrown' contingent will be leaving this summer so it's in our interests to keep him also to meet the quotas in place.

I didn't see the Sunderland game - where I think he started at his preferred position, CM - but from everything I heard he was very poor, and may even have been the main reason why they bossed us, after going one down.

Having said that, I like the fact that he's waited until now to start talk about leaving; and that he hasn't disrupted our League campaign by whining about it during the season; but that's the kind of pro. he is.

Garcia and Fernandinho were in centre mid against Sunderland, although yes - Milner did have a poor game. But so did the majority of the players that game!

The fans had a mare that night.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Keep him for the next year. A reported fee of £10m is quite frankly poor and not enough to cash in on. If he wants to stay, then great. If he doesn't then so be it. Let him go next summer. Hope he stays myself. Great squad player, not quite good enough to hold down regular starting slot but a brilliant professional who can play in a number of roles who never complains.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Duckman wrote:Milner plus cash = Barkley?

almost forgot: Platini is a twat :)

I don't even know how this 'transfer spend' thing is calculated. Most clubs pay for stuff on the drip.

If we paid 50 mil for Barkley but were only paying ten per season over the next five seasons, would UEFA count that as 50 mil in the first year & zero in the 2nd etc, or 10 mil each year, thus leaving us another 40 mil to spend ?

In the UK, the rule is that you must pay the fee over a period of 12-24 months max, another reason why clubs prefer to buy abroad, and why the best English players stay in the UK.

It doesn't matter how we pay it, the cost of the capital outlay can be spread across the duration of the contract from an accounting perspective when it comes to FFP.

That's how United could theoretically spend £200m this season and not have any real issues. They would struggle to buy anyone else for a few years though as they would have £40-50m in transfers already accounted for. In fact, if Van Gaal gets it badly wrong and does spend £200m, united could be restricted for some time in the transfer market.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 21, 2014 8:33 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Duckman wrote:Milner plus cash = Barkley?

almost forgot: Platini is a twat :)

I don't even know how this 'transfer spend' thing is calculated. Most clubs pay for stuff on the drip.

If we paid 50 mil for Barkley but were only paying ten per season over the next five seasons, would UEFA count that as 50 mil in the first year & zero in the 2nd etc, or 10 mil each year, thus leaving us another 40 mil to spend ?

In the UK, the rule is that you must pay the fee over a period of 12-24 months max, another reason why clubs prefer to buy abroad, and why the best English players stay in the UK.

It doesn't matter how we pay it, the cost of the capital outlay can be spread across the duration of the contract from an accounting perspective when it comes to FFP.

That's how United could theoretically spend £200m this season and not have any real issues. They would struggle to buy anyone else for a few years though as they would have £40-50m in transfers already accounted for. In fact, if Van Gaal gets it badly wrong and does spend £200m, united could be restricted for some time in the transfer market.

Tbf though, you are talking about 'accounting periods' I'm talking about UEFA, an organisation who applies sanctions to people for investing in their own debt free business.

I'm wondering how they see it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby guv111 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:36 am

This is quite a curiously timed one. While he is loved to bits for those very occasional barnstorming performances such as the one against Bayern away, if he really thinks he ought to be starting in the centre of City's midfield he is deluded. He's had the role at the club his talents deserve, and that's as an impact player who comes into the team when we need a bit of fire in attack. If he'd been a starter as often as he would like we probably wouldn't now be champions for the second time in three years.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed May 21, 2014 10:24 am

We must keep him , one of the best impact players , great worker on field and English player. Hes beloved by fans and he did play enough in squad like this one 17 starts and 30 something games in total, from what i saw in stats.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Avalon » Wed May 21, 2014 12:14 pm

He deserves to play more. I want to see him play more.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Dameerto » Wed May 21, 2014 1:50 pm

If he showed just a little bit more consistency he would be a regular rather than a squad player (I still think of Bayern away as the benchmark for his performances). Having said that, it might be hard to show consistency when you only appear in a few games here and there. All in all, he's our player and I fully expect him to sign a contract extension this summer.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed May 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Tell milner he can have yaya position, as long as he stays for cake.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Bleed_Blue » Wed May 21, 2014 5:14 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Tell milner he can have yaya position, as long as he stays for cake.

You echoed my thoughts, if it was up to me Yaya deserves an ultimatum to get rid of the shitty agent sulek before he spews any more shit and fills Yaya with negativity.

Sulek is just trying to take make a big deal because Yaya scored 20 goals, this cunt wont be happy unless he got Messisc deal for Yaya. Cant believe Yaya has this cunt in high regards.

Milner, Lescott and Barry are much better men just because they know how to be professional. Milner still in his prime needs to be kept around, he might be stalling because of world cup to see if his price will increase.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote: Milner still in his prime needs to be kept around, he might be stalling because of world cup to see if his price will increase.

He's playing for England, so not much chance of that.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:37 pm

has there been any developments on this?

yeah he was at the WC and is on holiday now but his agent would surely have been talking things over with the club if Milner still wanted to leave. there's roughly a month left until the season starts so it's getting a bit late.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Milner has a big part to play for us as a squad player next season as we will be chasing trophies and titles on all fronts . Nothing official and silence from MCFC says it all .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:13 am

So is he leaving , I can see why he would wanna , More and more players are brought in , less and less time on pitch. I know that he would stay if Peller's could guaranteed him minutes from last season.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Scatman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:21 am

Cit.revenge wrote:So is he leaving , I can see why he would wanna , More and more players are brought in , less and less time on pitch. I know that he would stay if Peller's could guaranteed him minutes from last season.

How do you know that, yet you don't know if he is leaving?
Scatman

Postby guv111 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:38 am

Being a bit-part player at a successful club must present a difficult quandary to a player, especially when they must know that their form has been patchy when they have played. Milner can be barnstorming one match and blundering the next.

Lescott is a case in point. Only three years older than Milner, he has opted for West Brom, presumably because a Liverpool or even a Spurs didn't show much in the way of interest. He's got his medals, he's tasted life at the top after years of plodding along for Everton, and now he wants regular football again at a place where he doesn't have to worry about whether he will make the first eleven or not. . There's also the real possibility that Milner could go to Anfield or White Hart Lane (etc) and find himself in the exact same position but with far less chance of silverware. So, what's he to do? Push for a move to a club where he will play every week, almost guaranteed? Like Lescott, we are talking mainly mid-table clubs here.

What is someone like Milner to do then? Probably threaten to leave, or drop heavy hints, and hope it results in a few more games while staying put. If I was Milner, I'd be worried Pellegrini took me seriously and put me on the transfer list.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 am

Reminds me of dzeko in the past a lot. Comes on in a game and has a really big impact but next week he starts and looks very ordinary. Think he should stick around. Imo he offers more than navas.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:11 am

Both Milner & Lescott should be playing regularly in the top 4 or 5 imo. Like Barry, they are vastly underrated players. Somehow this happens particularly at City. Barry received more positive press last season than he did in his whole City career in spite of being older & slower. Lescott I suppose could be on his last legs fitness wise, we will have to see, but if Milner signed for Liverpool tomorrow, he would suddenly become an invaluable member of the England side & 'vastly improved'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum