Milner Asks to Leave?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner Asks to Leave?

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 19, 2014 8:13 am

Green & Blue wrote:I don't think he could be hung up on his chances in the team he has had 44 appearances in all competitions this season.Only seven other players have featured more often than him.

He may not be a key player like Yaya,Zaba etc but he's still an important player in the team.

Massively important player for us as is shown by 44 appearances this season BUT he isn't a first choice in our best team.If anyone thinks he is please let me know who he pushes out?

I also agree with others that if he goes to another top 4 side ( especially Arsenal) he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter there either.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 19, 2014 8:28 am

the grass isn't always greener jimmy
better the devil you know and all that...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 8:34 am

People are saying he will want to play centre mid, but I imagine he will just want to 'play'.

If he was to sign for Arsenal for instance, they are overstocked with players in that area & probably wide too. But tbf they are all made of crepe paper, so he would probably get 50 games a season.

The filmed conversation with the Sheikh was a bit suss imo, as if he was trying to persuade Milner about something, so I can imagine there could possibly be truth in this but it's probably not a decision he has come to easily. It may be because Barry, JL & Micah are all going, he has decided he might as well make the move now.

City will have some juggling to do here & this is a potential problem for the Prem squad as well as the Champs League.

As it stands, we are left with Boyata, Clichy, Rodwell, Hart & Wright. Which really means Clichy & Hart.

Losing Lescott, Milner & Richards. Ok Micah has been injured, but those 3 over the last 3/4 seasons, that's a fucking LOT of games.

And we don't have another Milner type player who is so adaptable.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Duckman » Mon May 19, 2014 9:19 am

Milner plus cash = Barkley?

almost forgot: Platini is a twat :)
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 am

Duckman wrote:Milner plus cash = Barkley?

I don't even know how this 'transfer spend' thing is calculated. Most clubs pay for stuff on the drip.

If we paid 50 mil for Barkley but were only paying ten per season over the next five seasons, would UEFA count that as 50 mil in the first year & zero in the 2nd etc, or 10 mil each year, thus leaving us another 40 mil to spend ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't even know how this 'transfer spend' thing is calculated. Most clubs pay for stuff on the drip.

If we paid 50 mil for Barkley but were only paying ten per season over the next five seasons, would UEFA count that as 50 mil in the first year & zero in the 2nd etc, or 10 mil each year, thus leaving us another 40 mil to spend ?

We're not getting much detail out of City or UEFA. There are lots of questions that need answering but I guess we'll remain in the dark about them until, at least, the period is over when other clubs can make a protest about the settlement.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Mon May 19, 2014 10:01 am

In my view if push comes to shove we should make Milnet run down his contract but it would be far better if he accepted a new one. Unfortunately he's not good enough for central midfield when we have Yaya and Fernandinho so his opportunities will be playing wide sometimes on the right and sometimes on the left when Kolarov needs back up. He's won two championship medals plus fa cup and league cup medals. He wouldn't have got that at Aston Villa FFS. He's also in the England squad. What's he moaning about?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 19, 2014 10:14 am

blues2win wrote:In my view if push comes to shove we should make Milnet run down his contract but it would be far better if he accepted a new one. Unfortunately he's not good enough for central midfield when we have Yaya and Fernandinho so his opportunities will be playing wide sometimes on the right and sometimes on the left when Kolarov needs back up. He's won two championship medals plus fa cup and league cup medals. He wouldn't have got that at Aston Villa FFS. He's also in the England squad. What's he moaning about?

Its a very short career and I don't blame him for wanting to play more. Sometimes its not all about silverware, especially when all he is missing is a European trophy. He has it all domestically, maybe he wants to enjoy playing rather than wondering if he is going to make the bench and get any game time.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon May 19, 2014 10:20 am

I'm sure it was only a month or two ago where milner himself said he didn't want to leave and he wanted to stay at city.

but to be fair, he deserves more games and if he wants to go, I don't blame him.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 19, 2014 10:24 am

MilnersJaw wrote:I'm sure it was only a month or two ago where milner himself said he didn't want to leave and he wanted to stay at city.

but to be fair, he deserves more games and if he wants to go, I don't blame him.

it was mate

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ma ... 47153.html
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Mon May 19, 2014 10:29 am

To be fair, in the context of FFP. Milner's value to MCFC has just shot up.

From memory he doesn't use an agent so my interpretation of this is that:

Either City gives him a more lucrative contract which he feels compensates him for this higher value he has (as a homegrown English player who we don't have to fork out a transfer fee for) and he he accepts that he'll play the same kind of % of games as this season but accumulates more honours

Or

He goes to another club where he earns less, wins less but plays more

On the basis that he is such a sensible fucker I imagine his money earned to date is well invested and generating future stability for him so the money argument might not be so valid but if this was his strategy I don't blame the guy at all.

He's been a great servant since he joined anyway and I'd wish him well if he did go
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:35 am

Unless I'm mistaken, he's still got a contract. So unless we can trade him for a better English player, why would we let him leave and there's feck all he can do about it as long as we're willing to risk him going for nothing.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mike J » Mon May 19, 2014 10:37 am

Dont want him to leave at all. But if he was part of a deal to bring lallana or barkley to the club, id be happy with that.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:18 am

ant london wrote:To be fair, in the context of FFP. Milner's value to MCFC has just shot up.

From memory he doesn't use an agent so my interpretation of this is that:

Either City gives him a more lucrative contract which he feels compensates him for this higher value he has (as a homegrown English player who we don't have to fork out a transfer fee for) and he he accepts that he'll play the same kind of % of games as this season but accumulates more honours

Or

He goes to another club where he earns less, wins less but plays more

On the basis that he is such a sensible fucker I imagine his money earned to date is well invested and generating future stability for him so the money argument might not be so valid but if this was his strategy I don't blame the guy at all.

He's been a great servant since he joined anyway and I'd wish him well if he did go

But the more he's paid by us, the more we have to play him. That'd be a motivation for him to actually get a raise. As it is now, my guess is, he's in the lower bracket of the regular players.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Duckman » Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

We're not getting much detail out of City or UEFA. There are lots of questions that need answering but I guess we'll remain in the dark about them until, at least, the period is over when other clubs can make a protest about the settlement.

Everton could really benefit from this, me thinks.

Give them GariBari and Jimmie plus 20 mils for Barkley and we're all good.

We will have to promote some EDS lads as well, but it will not make us weaker. We have a worldclass spine in the team, just little tweaks needed.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby The Original Special One » Mon May 19, 2014 11:30 am

aaron bond wrote:
Agree too.

He was brought back into the starting line-up for the last few games of the season, and played very well. Then was dropped for the last game. As that's not the first time that's happened, and coupled with the fact he's won plenty of medals now, it's understandable that he'll consider other options.

I hope we can persuade him to stay, or at least keep him for another season and then he can leave next year. Quite a few of our 'homegrown' contingent will be leaving this summer so it's in our interests to keep him also to meet the quotas in place.

I didn't see the Sunderland game - where I think he started at his preferred position, CM - but from everything I heard he was very poor, and may even have been the main reason why they bossed us, after going one down.

Having said that, I like the fact that he's waited until now to start talk about leaving; and that he hasn't disrupted our League campaign by whining about it during the season; but that's the kind of pro. he is.
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby The Original Special One » Mon May 19, 2014 11:35 am

Mike J wrote:Dont want him to leave at all. But if he was part of a deal to bring lallana or barkley to the club, id be happy with that.

I'd wait another season before judging either of those. According to Everton fans, Barkley's blown hot and cold this past season, whereas Lallana is 26, and has taken a helluva long time to make any impression
(one cap each in three under-age teams, and only 3 full caps)
The Original Special One

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 19, 2014 11:47 am

It's unlikely Mr professional would ask to leave, certainly not in any public form.

Just put newsnow up, looked down the lists and it's all utter bollox. Time of year.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby beehive's dodgy pint » Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Frees up the number 7 shirt for a cheeky bid for Ronaldo.

Or Suarez!!
beehive's dodgy pint
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby The Original Special One » Mon May 19, 2014 12:09 pm

john@staustell wrote:It's unlikely Mr professional would ask to leave, certainly not in any public form.

Just put newsnow up, looked down the lists and it's all utter bollox. Time of year.

Glad to hear it; I still like the lad and wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave, but he'll grow best under Pello
The Original Special One

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum