diego costa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: diego costa

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 pm

ruralblue wrote:Is this the same tolmie they all wank en mass over on blue moon?

Dont know how I would feel about the cheating biter coming to us and who would make lightweight for him.

Doubt it very much.

He has pretty much stopped giving out info on transfers on there as he gets stalked by wankers who think he's claiming stuff will happen rather than just relaying stuff he's been told. I think he just pms the mods etc with the odd story he gets, & they only tell their mates.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Torres to us! Lol, For fuck sake what are we supposed to do with him....he is hardly fit to be a ball boy
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:32 pm

3 shots on goal in the league. 3 goals.

like a fish to water.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby city72 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:
Has a 32 million buy out clause so can't stop it. Looks like it's happening. Top signing for them. One of the best strike rates in Europe at the moment

Jo had a great strike rate for CSKA. Prior to this season he has not been prolific. I smell a dud

A dud yeah right
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 pm

city72 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:
Has a 32 million buy out clause so can't stop it. Looks like it's happening. Top signing for them. One of the best strike rates in Europe at the moment

Jo had a great strike rate for CSKA. Prior to this season he has not been prolific. I smell a dud

A dud yeah right

Was hoping that might not get picked up. Haha. Get Zabs to break his leg next week
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
city72 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:

A dud yeah right

Was hoping that might not get picked up. Haha. Get Zabs to break his leg next week

Or both of them, just for good measure.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:30 pm

I honestly thought Costa would be a flop. Chelsea sell lukaku and get Costa for pretty much the same price, that with cesc, mouriniho must be laughing.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:55 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:I honestly thought Costa would be a flop. Chelsea sell lukaku and get Costa for pretty much the same price, that with cesc, mouriniho must be laughing.

It all looks good now, but there's a long way to go. Anything can happen.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:27 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:I honestly thought Costa would be a flop. Chelsea sell lukaku and get Costa for pretty much the same price.

Wasn't Lukaku like £20-25m? Costa was £32m
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:09 am

He's looking good and with the squad they've got you'd have to say, even at this early stage, that Chelsea are the ones to beat.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby city72 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:14 am

phips wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I honestly thought Costa would be a flop. Chelsea sell lukaku and get Costa for pretty much the same price.

Wasn't Lukaku like £20-25m? Costa was £32m

Lukaku £28m Costa £32m great business
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:31 am

Costa SO FAR is doing a lot better than I thought he would, but the way Chelsea are set up & the kind of opponents they have been playing, the chances have been falling to him mostly with time & space to finish. His goal from the corner, albeit v Nastasic style defending is actually the one which has impressed me the most.

Not impressed at all by his game in general though & don't think he would have very many goals at all if he'd been playing for us so far, if any.

Finishing has been very good so far but so was Little Pee at the swamp when he arrived & that fucker for Newcastle who was banging in golazos for fun.

If Costa keeps scoring when it gets tough & wins them the tough games later in the season then fair play to him but I want to see a lot more before making a judgement. He was dogshit again for Spain the other night.

Lukaku fee is a joke btw.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Spurge » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:52 am

Add to his goals his extraordinary ability to recover from injuries - 2 hamstrings already this season 'apparently' and so far you have the complete player!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby twosips » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:52 am

I think you're relying on teams getting better in the league tbh though Ted. There will be some, yeah, but i think most will leave chances just like Swansea did throughout the season and I think Costa will continue take them tbh. That's what they've missed - someone who can finish or just be in the right place to finish. Frustratingly they have two of them now as Remy is a very decent forward too. Huge improvement on Ba and Torres. From the posts i've read of yours re Chelsea sounds like you're trying quite hard to find faults in their game - which there clearly are, but they might not make a huge difference in the end. They're winning quite comfortably while still integrating new players and dealing with a slight tweak in their system. I fear them at the moment - especially considering they have the ability to 'park the bus' in the bigger games like they usually do, and they will, meaning they'll probably get something from most of them as well.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Costa SO FAR is doing a lot better than I thought he would, but the way Chelsea are set up & the kind of opponents they have been playing, the chances have been falling to him mostly with time & space to finish. His goal from the corner, albeit v Nastasic style defending is actually the one which has impressed me the most.

Not impressed at all by his game in general though & don't think he would have very many goals at all if he'd been playing for us so far, if any.

Finishing has been very good so far but so was Little Pee at the swamp when he arrived & that fucker for Newcastle who was banging in golazos for fun.

If Costa keeps scoring when it gets tough & wins them the tough games later in the season then fair play to him but I want to see a lot more before making a judgement. He was dogshit again for Spain the other night.

Lukaku fee is a joke btw.

I think the deal with Costa, and Chelsea as a whole, is that they are being given the chance to settle-in. That has a huge effect on their confidence going forward and if they get into the groove, they'll take some stopping.

There's still a long way to go and they'll have to prove against the better teams, but we all know that they've bought some cracking players and if any manager/team had their sort of talent, they' definitely be one to look out for.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:07 am

looking forward to seeing him play next sunday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:45 am

To cope with Chelsea's extra firepower this season we need Ya Ya to get off his fat arse, buy into the team ethic and start ripping it up.Or we should make alternative arrangements.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:55 am

He seems to be a perfect fit for them, just as I feared he would be, still it's early days, plenty of time for it all to go to shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:08 pm

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be well chuffed with Costa, however, I'd be a tad worried about conceding 5 goals in two matches. You score five we'll score ten - doesn't sound like Maureen's style at all.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:11 pm

He might be a Negredo as well. If we're lucky, his good Negredo phase will last shorter than Alvaro's and then he'll look lika a rabbit stuck in the headlights for the rest of the season before going to Valencie where he and Alvaro will form a lethal partnership.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum