diego costa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re:

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:39 am

twosips wrote:I think you're relying on teams getting better in the league tbh though Ted. There will be some, yeah, but i think most will leave chances just like Swansea did throughout the season and I think Costa will continue take them tbh. That's what they've missed - someone who can finish or just be in the right place to finish. Frustratingly they have two of them now as Remy is a very decent forward too. Huge improvement on Ba and Torres. From the posts i've read of yours re Chelsea sounds like you're trying quite hard to find faults in their game - which there clearly are, but they might not make a huge difference in the end. They're winning quite comfortably while still integrating new players and dealing with a slight tweak in their system. I fear them at the moment - especially considering they have the ability to 'park the bus' in the bigger games like they usually do, and they will, meaning they'll probably get something from most of them as well.

Chelsea have the ammunition to win the title. It depends on how they play v the better teams & whether some of the lesser teams cash in when getting the better of them. So far, there have been times when teams could really have hurt them but fucked up. Both Swansea & Everton should have got something. The goals have masked some very iffy aspects in Chelsea's play, which I don't see in ours, but the attack has overcome it, so far. If that keeps up, they can do it. If not, they may not get top two. We will see when the pressure comes.

But Chelsea to me is an 'ok' team which has Mourinho, Hazard & a couple of decent attacking mids who can hurt teams (but none of whom I would want at City including Fabregas) But Hazard is the one who is pulling defences out of shape for others to play. He is probably the best attacking player in the country along with Serge, if he's on his game.

Nothing else about them particularly impresses me. They have two very good keepers tbf, better than ours, but some middling defenders, some not bad but nothing special centre mids, but most of the team is basically Arsenal with Mourinho. I was impressd by Matic when I first saw him, but imo the best player Chelsea had in that position, by a long long way, was David Luiz. He was the player who fucked us up in centre mid, & was involved in some of their best moments last season imo.

Imo, these results also show that Mourinho doesn't have the team in control. That's not what he wants, at all. So half of that plan is failing to function, whatever the current results. It remains to be seen, what happens when it goes wrong & whether they have what it takes to come back from it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: diego costa

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 am

I was gutted when Luiz went to Chelsea. He's got brilliant technique, good in the air and tremendous pace. Problem has always been his shocking positional discipline witnessed in full glare at the World Cup. He would have been far better playing in midfield but even there would he have the discipline off the ball to track runs etc. He's a great talent but there's something missing in his head. Chelsea were well rid of him and especially at that price.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 am

blues2win wrote:I was gutted when Luiz went to Chelsea. He's got brilliant technique, good in the air and tremendous pace. Problem has always been his shocking positional discipline witnessed in full glare at the World Cup. He would have been far better playing in midfield but even there would he have the discipline off the ball to track runs etc. He's a great talent but there's something missing in his head. Chelsea were well rid of him and especially at that price.

Horrible centre back, potentially the best def/centre mid in the world imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 am

sheblue wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I honestly thought Costa would be a flop. Chelsea sell lukaku and get Costa for pretty much the same price, that with cesc, mouriniho must be laughing.

It all looks good now, but there's a long way to go. Anything can happen.

Has anybody said, "Let's see how he does on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke?" yet?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:51 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I honestly thought Costa would be a flop. Chelsea sell lukaku and get Costa for pretty much the same price, that with cesc, mouriniho must be laughing.

Has anybody said, "Let's see how he does on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke?" yet?

You beat us all to it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:54 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

You beat us all to it.

Bugger.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:06 pm

He should have been sent off for the punch at Sigurdson but the lilly livered linesman chose not to see it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Early days yet but IF IF IF he carries on like he has been and stays injury free then Chelsea are gonna be bloody difficult, but by no means impossible to stop.
He's exactly what they've missed, a striker who scores goals, regularly.
Chelsea this season look so strong all over the pitch and personally I think they're the favorites, winning the title this season imo, especially with the sanctions/ffp would be our best one so far by a distance.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum