Agent Van Gaal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Agent Van Gaal

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue May 20, 2014 1:48 pm

CTID Hants wrote:The British media are going to have a field day with this cnut............

[youtube]watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew[/youtube]

Apparently his daughters have to address him formerly, no 'Dad, Daddy, papa or Father'

What an utter cnut

theyve got a cunt as new manager but why oh why dont they spend their 2bn hairy warchest and sign suarez? absolutely made for that bunch of cunts
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby zuricity » Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 pm

I like the BBC headline 'Van Gaal eyes instant success at Man utd'. They forget to say that he's watching City win everything though..
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 21, 2014 8:10 am

dick dastardley wrote:Media in scum overdrive today ffs, hope its not a summer of the rag love in

Of course they will. And isn't it just wonderful that Giggs will be assistant?

Vomit
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 21, 2014 9:40 am

john@staustell wrote: Of course they will. And isn't it just wonderful that Giggs will be assistant? Vomit

That's the united way and why they are different from other clubs, they give their manager's time.... Oh
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed May 21, 2014 9:52 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
john@staustell wrote: Of course they will. And isn't it just wonderful that Giggs will be assistant? Vomit

That's the united way and why they are different from other clubs, they give their manager's time.... Oh

..indeed, but last time the guy they chose was just to mark time until the real chosen one showed up...out of respect and just in case this guy isnt the chosen one either their will be no banner or undue triumphalism, we should know by now that its how the club operates...with class and dignity...the united way
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby twosips » Wed May 21, 2014 10:24 am

Van Gaal is a good manager. I think we're all trying too hard to believe he's shit. I do think he will get them back on track a bit sadly... ah well.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 am

twosips wrote:Van Gaal is a good manager. I think we're all trying too hard to believe he's shit. I do think he will get them back on track a bit sadly... ah well.

He's not shit, but he's flaky. He's as likely to have a meltdown as win the Champions League. In fact, during the course of his United career, it's quite possible he will do both, before leaving in a huff.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 21, 2014 11:47 am

twosips wrote:Van Gaal is a good manager. I think we're all trying too hard to believe he's shit. I do think he will get them back on track a bit sadly... ah well.

He hasn't done anything of real significance in fucking years.

And he's a lunatic.

They will improve, but it will turn to shit again. He is not anything more than someone to TRY and get them back into the champions league. Then he will have a mickey fit and leave. As usual.
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Wed May 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
He hasn't done anything of real significance in fucking years.

And he's a lunatic.

They will improve, but it will turn to shit again. He is not anything more than someone to TRY and get them back into the champions league. Then he will have a mickey fit and leave. As usual.

This is what i don't get, some on here think he will get 200 mill to buy top class players and some how , like double diamond he'll work wonders.

Even if he brings 10 top class players in, it will still take the minimum of one season to get them all playing together properly.

Then he's got Rooney and Van Injured to worry about.

The rags need more than five top class signings and they aren't going to get them.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 pm

zuricity wrote:
This is what i don't get, some on here think he will get 200 mill to buy top class players and some how , like double diamond he'll work wonders.

Even if he brings 10 top class players in, it will still take the minimum of one season to get them all playing together properly.

The rags need more than five top class signings and they aren't going to get them.

Exactly
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 21, 2014 5:42 pm

zuricity wrote:

Yep. I doubt they will even sign five players, let alone top ones, or even ones they actually need. Fourth will be a big ask for the rags imo. Who out of the current top four is likely to make may? Not us. Not likely Chelsea. If dippers keep Suarez I can see them top four again. That leaves the arse and fresh from a cup win they will have renewed belief and probably some good signings to help them. Everton, I doubt will do so well again but Spuds will be thereabouts again. They will need a minimum of three quality players just to stay still.

Van Gaal is making the usual "we will try and win league" bullshit and the media are wanking all over Giggs at the moment but the reality of that is he is still clueless and will bring next to nothing to the table. The very best they can hope for is fourth if they are really lucky and one of the current incumbents seriously fucks up. A cup final is the best they can hope for imo
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed May 21, 2014 6:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Yep. I doubt they will even sign five players, let alone top ones, or even ones they actually need. Fourth will be a big ask for the rags imo. Who out of the current top four is likely to make may? Not us. Not likely Chelsea. If dippers keep Suarez I can see them top four again. That leaves the arse and fresh from a cup win they will have renewed belief and probably some good signings to help them. Everton, I doubt will do so well again but Spuds will be thereabouts again. They will need a minimum of three quality players just to stay still.

Van Gaal is making the usual "we will try and win league" bullshit and the media are wanking all over Giggs at the moment but the reality of that is he is still clueless and will bring next to nothing to the table. The very best they can hope for is fourth if they are really lucky and one of the current incumbents seriously fucks up. A cup final is the best they can hope for imo

As for the giggs banking , that's normally like Sly Sylvester sang "A family affair" !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Wed May 21, 2014 6:28 pm

How long before Giggs is shagging something of Van Girls? His wife? Does he have a daughter(s)? What about that persian rug he paid a fortune for or his yorkshire bloody terrier.somewhere somehow there's a car crash going to happen between those matched in hell pair.
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:How long before Giggs is shagging something of Van Girls? His wife? Does he have a daughter(s)? What about that persian rug he paid a fortune for or his yorkshire bloody terrier.somewhere somehow there's a car crash going to happen between those matched in hell pair.

And Rooney will be after LVG's mum
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Ragfest in uber overdrive , PR in uber overdrive ....... they are going to win everything , they are THE BIGGEST club in the world !
Err someone needs to tell the sad wankers they are a mid table club and aren't playing European football next season . Fucking insult to decent folks intelligence that football club and they can't understand why everyone hates them .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Wed May 21, 2014 9:57 pm

City64 wrote:Ragfest in uber overdrive , PR in uber overdrive ....... they are going to win everything , they are THE BIGGEST club in the world !
Err someone needs to tell the sad wankers they are a mid table club and aren't playing European football next season . Fucking insult to decent folks intelligence that football club and they can't understand why everyone hates them .

Exactly what Liverpool were last season :(

That's my main worry. I really wanted Spurs to drop out of the Europa League place and send Rags to Estonia in July. Honestly, Liverpool are not a great side, they were in a totally false position, but their two main rivals being knackered from European campaigns did have an influence in them finishing second.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool were now the ones to drop out of the top four to let United back in, they haven't the squad depth to be playing twice a week all the way through the autumn, especially if they get away matches in Russia etc. They will drop too many points before Christmas, and this is where United could profit.

I also think Hull are nailed on for relegation next season cause of the Europa Shite. Wigan really should have gone up this year, but they were just dead on their feet by the time they faced QPR.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 am

Trouble at t' mill already!

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1829515?cc=5739

Paul Scholes has admitted he does not expect to be part of Louis van Gaal's coaching team at Manchester United next season and launched a scathing attack on executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Scholes, 39, made 718 appearances for United during his trophy-laden career at the club before returning to Old Trafford to assist interim manager Ryan Giggs for the final four games of the season.

But while Van Gaal has been confirmed as manager with Giggs as his assistant, Scholes said he has had no contact with Woodward, who hired the Dutchman.

And he blamed him for David Moyes' sacking, saying the Scot was not given enough time and was undermined by United's failures in the transfer market last summer.

Scholes, who warned that any further difficulties in signing could cost United dearly again next season, wrote in his blog for Paddy Power: "I've not spoken to Edward Woodward. I came back for Ryan Giggs for the last few games of last season to try to help out but I'm not waiting for a phone call and don't expect to be at United next season.

"David Moyes took a lot of stick but I believe he's a top manager. I'd question if 10 months was enough time. Edward Woodward has an awful lot to prove this time that he's good enough at his job."

United missed out on transfer targets like Cesc Fabregas, Sami Khedira and Daniele De Rossi last summer, when their only major recruit was Marouane Fellaini, and Scholes believes Woodward was at fault.

"He has to bring the players in that the new manager wants," he said. "It's obvious that last year he didn't manage to do that. If he doesn't we are not going to get anywhere near the top."

Scholes told former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager Van Gaal that it will take a huge effort to make United champions again.

"He's been at the biggest clubs in the world but he has a major job on his hands at Man United," he said. "It's a massive task and there's a big gap to fill to catch Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool next season. United are a long way behind. If Van Gaal gets them to the Champions League, it'll be a start."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 22, 2014 11:37 am

Scholes, a rare breed.

Rag who tells the truth.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Scholes, a rare breed.

Rag who tells the truth.

Absolutely and very refreshing . Scholes seems to talk a lot of sense and says it how it is just like Gary Neville . Both have been very very critical of Woodward . Amazing really how these two are allowed to openly speak their mind in interviews via the media now taggert has fucked off .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby AG7 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:03 pm

This is brilliant:

British journalists: follow these ten rules when interviewing Louis van Gaal

Dear British football journalists,

Congratulations on obtaining Louis van Gaal. From this moment on, you will be patronised, looked at with disdain, and haunted by a constant doubt if Mr. Van Gaal is flat out making fun of you or being dead serious. Before you embark on the journey that is having a post match interview with Mr. Van Gaal, you should make yourself familiar with these ten ground rules.

1. Be prepared for any possible mood
Contrary to many other managers, whether the match is won, drawn or lost is no indication whatsoever of Van Gaal’s mood. Even if he has won and seems to be quite happy, one wrong question can - and will - put him off.

2. Start neutral
Begin with a question about the match just played. “How did your team do?” or “What did you think?” will suffice. “You must be very disappointed” will not. That is because the match you saw and the match he saw can be very different ones. Mr. Van Gaal is perfectly comfortable declaring that a 0-3 loss at home to Sunderland was his team’s best game all season, just because his players were doing what he told them to do. It’s not always about what ends up on the scoreboard. Don’t enter the interview thinking it is.

3. Don’t introduce yourself
Or else he’ll know your name, remember it and use it against you. You will not be some anonymous guy with a microphone and a cameraman on his side; you will be Gary, or Clive, or Tony, with whom he will or will not have a feud from the get-go. (He will.)

4. Stay on topic
If the interview is about the game, you talk about the game. Not about the next game, transfer rumours or whatever happened on the training pitch. Every question about anything else than the game just played will derail the conversation.

5. It’s his language now, not yours
Mr. Van Gaal will come up with new additions to the Oxford Dictionary. In Germany, he inadvertently (or was it?) introduced the phrase Der Tod oder die Gladiolen, a Dutch saying meaning literally “death or the gladioli”: all or nothing. This is because if Mr. Van Gaal speaks your language, it is no longer your language, it’s his. It is not Mr. Van Gaal who has trouble speaking English, it is you, for not going along with his obviously much better interpretation of it.

6. Try to avoid the meta-interview
An interview with Mr. Van Gaal will almost inevitably wind up being an interview about the interview, or more specifically, him asking questions about your questions. This will be the moment you feel the conversation is slipping away from you. Switch back to the studio, or it will end up on YouTube.

7. Don’t repeat the question
Never mind - you will fail at this. You won’t fool him, even if you think your follow-up question is a cleverly rephrased, well disguised one. He’ll say: “I just told you”. This is inevitable. Don’t try to avoid it, just try to get over it as smoothly as possible, like you would at a speed bump.

8. Keep on your toes
At some point, you will think Mr. Van Gaal is joking. Sure, he does it with a straight face, but he’s joking, he must be. He’s mocking you. Or is he really this angry about this little thing you just said? No - it can’t be. You start to stammer. Ha! He’s just taking a… wait, is he? You will never know, as only Mr. Van Gaal knows. And he never breaks character.

9. Distinguish fact from opinion
This is hard, as only Mr. Van Gaal can determine which are facts and which are opinions. Which team was disadvantaged by the ref, or which team should have won based on the number of chances? He, and only he, will have the answer. These are the facts. Your facts are opinions. After the 1-1 draw of The Netherlands against Ecuador last Saturday, he called the 0-1 an “unfortunate ball moment”: nothing to do about it. In Mr. Van Gaal’s world, this makes perfect sense. In your world it may not, but you are not to point this out, as he will call you dumb.

10. Stay under three minutes
Try to get everything you need within that window. After that, the chances of hitting a conversational speed bump will statistically rise. You’ll start wandering into other realms of conversation (how about this or that rumour, Mr. Van Gaal?), or you will ask a question a second time, or he will say you did. After that, you’re on your own. Good luck, mate.

Original source: http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/05/21/bri ... -van-gaal/
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum