Brendan Rodgers.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers.

Postby xavi6 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
xavi6 wrote:Yep, our wage bill is the reason why he couldn't close out a 3-0 lead a Palace.

It was the sheer pressure of all that money, weighing down on them.

I hear Stevie Me actually slipped on a fist full of 100 pound notes that were blown on to Anfield by an easterly gale.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:35 am

gillie wrote:Retweeted by scenecreamer
Nikolas Postinger ‏@nikpostinger 25m
Brendan Rodgers showing no love for City on talkSPORT—"If we do finish second, then we've finished second to the highest wage bill in sport"

I knew it wouldn't be their fault. It never is.
Wonder if next season they'll mark the 30th anniversary of Heysel?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Fri May 09, 2014 8:38 am

There was a funny bit in the interview when Rogers was asked if when Palace scored their first it would have been handy to have someone to tell the team to (and these are the exact words used) calm down.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
gillie wrote:Retweeted by scenecreamer
Nikolas Postinger ‏@nikpostinger 25m
Brendan Rodgers showing no love for City on talkSPORT—"If we do finish second, then we've finished second to the highest wage bill in sport"

I knew it wouldn't be their fault. It never is.
Wonder if next season they'll mark the 30th anniversary of Heysel?

Yeah, they''re planning to throw concrete slabs at the away fans.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby beehive's dodgy pint » Fri May 09, 2014 12:00 pm

You thought you'd won the league at Selhurst Park, you'd not,
You thought you were the Champions, your not, your not,
Cos off the bench blew a guy called Gayle,
Suarez cried cos he knew you'd failed,
Manchester City are Champions again!!
beehive's dodgy pint
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:20 pm

beehive's dodgy pint wrote:You thought you'd won the league at Selhurst Park, you'd not,
You thought you were the Champions, your not, your not,
Cos off the bench blew a guy called Gayle,
Suarez cried cos he knew you'd failed,
Manchester City are Champions again!!

Erm
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri May 09, 2014 1:15 pm

The same Rodgers who kept giving rat teeth a pay bump to keep him at the club. Fact Suarez earns more than most city players.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby tc6828 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:33 pm

The reason Rodgers is continually spouting shite is an attempt to deflect the obvious conclusion that he is responsible for the Dippers recent fall from grace. Any manager, in any league would not have allowed a 3 goal lead to be clawed back in a must win game.

All dipper fans see him as the new messiah, the "man with a plan". Well, if he has this master plan, its title is very short - Plan A
tc6828
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Alvaro Negredo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 09, 2014 2:04 pm

the fact That Rodgers team has played
37 league games
2 Capital one cup games (beat Notts county and lost to the Rags)
3 FA Cup games (beat Oldham and bournemouth and then lost to Arsenal)

Total 42 + 1 to come. Of their 5 additional games, 3 were against very easy opposition

We have played
37 league games
6 capital one cup games (wigan, newcastle, leicester, west ham SF1, west ham SF2, sunderland)
5 FA Cup games (blackburn, blackburn replay, Watford, Chelsea, Wigan)
8 Champions league games (Plzen x 2, Bayern x 2, CSKA x 2, Barcelona x 2)

Total 56 + 1 to come..... a big difference in fixture lists and travelling

Scousers will need to bolster their squad next season, but I can see them going for experienced bosmans instead of big money signings,
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Benjay » Fri May 09, 2014 2:22 pm

I have had just about as much as I can take of Rodgers. The very thought of handing him the title on sunday makes me nauseous. Where does this sense of entitlement come from? Is it Hillsborough? If so promote Bradford to the PL because they have had their own tragedy which had its anniversary this year..not that the press gave a shit. Or is it cos of the history of Liverpool. In which case promote Preston, Notts County etc who all have their own history. Nobody is entitled to anything in this league. I genuinely believe he thinks there is this mass movement to have Liverpool as champions when there isn't one. He is believing his own hype and its annoying me. I could rant all day about him but I cannot...I just want to win on sunday and get that twat out of the papers....Hopefully forever cos they wont be so good next season.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Bluedj » Fri May 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Benjay wrote:I have had just about as much as I can take of Rodgers. The very thought of handing him the title on sunday makes me nauseous. Where does this sense of entitlement come from? Is it Hillsborough? If so promote Bradford to the PL because they have had their own tragedy which had its anniversary this year..not that the press gave a shit. Or is it cos of the history of Liverpool. In which case promote Preston, Notts County etc who all have their own history. Nobody is entitled to anything in this league. I genuinely believe he thinks there is this mass movement to have Liverpool as champions when there isn't one. He is believing his own hype and its annoying me. I could rant all day about him but I cannot...I just want to win on sunday and get that twat out of the papers....Hopefully forever cos they wont be so good next season.

Very well put. I agree totally and somehow don't think that'll I'll be the last to agree with you
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Benjay wrote:I have had just about as much as I can take of Rodgers. The very thought of handing him the title on sunday makes me nauseous. Where does this sense of entitlement come from? Is it Hillsborough? If so promote Bradford to the PL because they have had their own tragedy which had its anniversary this year..not that the press gave a shit. Or is it cos of the history of Liverpool. In which case promote Preston, Notts County etc who all have their own history. Nobody is entitled to anything in this league. I genuinely believe he thinks there is this mass movement to have Liverpool as champions when there isn't one. He is believing his own hype and its annoying me. I could rant all day about him but I cannot...I just want to win on sunday and get that twat out of the papers....Hopefully forever cos they wont be so good next season.

Next season, when the dippers go back to being an irrelevance, rodgers won't get the air time. He's had his day in the sun and shown himself to be a fucking degenerate.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Michigan Blue » Fri May 09, 2014 4:21 pm

The last team to finish just ahead of a Rodgers-led Liverpool team was Everton last season. For whatever reason I cannot remember Rodgers explaining to all and sundry at this time last year the vast disparity between Everton's recent net spend and his own clubs'. I can't imagine why that would be. Maybe he just forgot to.

If we are good enough to finish the job on Sunday, expect nothing but petty digs and bitterness out of Anfield. Rodgers is already in full-blown rationalization mode. Make no mistake though: if we win it, it will haunt him forever.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri May 09, 2014 5:46 pm

"It's certainly not over. We know it is a tough game for us. For City, West Ham have some talented players and, if they can go to Tottenham and win 3-0, then they can certainly go to City and win," Rodgers said.

"We will fight to the very end. If we win the game and don't win the title, then to finish second to the richest team in sport is a huge compliment to what we are doing.

"They've got Big Andy up front and they can cause real problems. The expectancy is City will win but it won't be easy for them. West Ham know they have the players who can cause problems."

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING TOOTHWHITENING SHITBAG!!!!!!!!!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Michigan Blue » Fri May 09, 2014 6:04 pm

He has the highest shite-spewed-to-trophies-won ratio of any manager in history.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes Brendan, it's all about the money.

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 pm

So it was over before we bet villa... and now it isn't?

Good man brenda.
Original Dub

Postby Chopper » Fri May 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Wonder what kind of odds I can get on one of his fillings falling out on Sunday
Chopper

My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Benjay » Sat May 10, 2014 7:01 am

If we win on sunday what odds on him actually congratulating us?? Even Baconface bought himself to do it.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Herb » Sat May 10, 2014 7:09 am

He's an odious bastard and even his wife hates him for his lying and cheating - he's pretty much the same in his personal life as he is in his professional life by all accounts - a cunt.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum