Brendan Rodgers.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Brendan Rodgers.

Postby gillie » Sun May 04, 2014 10:18 pm

A twatted bellend of a man now claiming Liverpool will overturn the goal difference on us.That says he thinks we will win our final 2 games so as it stands we are 9 goals in front and even if we only win both our games 1-0 he has to have a 12 goal turn around to beat us.Not going to happen unless dark forces within the league deem it so.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Brendan Rodgers.

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 10:42 pm

A picture paints a thousand words.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Scatman » Sun May 04, 2014 10:52 pm

You've lost me beefy
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Scatman wrote:You've lost me beefy

The players, head down or looking at the floor. They all look either embarrassed or they don't believe what he is saying. Either way, they don't look like they are confident in what they are doing, not reaaly paying head to the managers words.

Brenda could have shit himself though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Remember how insulted he was two years ago when Bobby described Swansea as one of United's two remaining "easy" games? And how he changed his team's shape at the Swamp after the Rags scored and ran the ball back to the center circle?

Sanctimonious, hypocritical, charmless little gobshite.

I'd rather hear Taggart's poisonous bile every week.
Last edited by Michigan Blue on Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Lee_R » Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 pm

To be fair.. he has a clip board. That means hes very very serious.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby gillie » Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

If i know Pulis what Rodgers has said re:getting a hat full of goals at Palace Pulis will have his players well fired up.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 11:14 pm

gillie wrote:If i know Pulis what Rodgers has said re:getting a hat full of goals at Palace Pulis will have his players well fired up.

I read Pulis' comments on this game and he was very much in the frame of giving it everything to win. He's still got the carrot of Stoke sat 1 place infront of them so it'll give him motivation at least.

Did I mention that I actually like Pulis?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tesl » Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Honestly I'd rather they really went for it, they would be more likely to get hit on the counter and drop points than make up 12 odd goals.

Even if by a miracle they had scored 10 during the next 150 minutes of football, I think our lads would notice and start trying to put west ham to the sword too ....

A Liverpool win on GD is just not happening.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Michigan Blue » Mon May 05, 2014 12:05 am

Make no mistake, the Chilled-Out Entertainer would snap your hand off for a 1-0 win at Selhurst.

These are the bleatings of a desperate little man.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 am

I think I mentioned in the Villa thread, we just need to put a hatful past them, as if the dippers get three points at Palace, they're going to try for a rugby score against Newcastle. Best to just nip that idea in the bud.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 am

If Pulis beats Liverpool I will watch every league game that City play next season while dressed as a clubshop wanker in his honour.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Socrates » Mon May 05, 2014 3:53 am

Tesl wrote:Honestly I'd rather they really went for it, they would be more likely to get hit on the counter and drop points than make up 12 odd goals.

Even if by a miracle they had scored 10 during the next 150 minutes of football, I think our lads would notice and start trying to put west ham to the sword too ....

Agree totally. Is showing serious naivety if he goes this approach. Is notable that the extremely experienced and successful arsehole bastard SBF didn't go gung ho when confronted with the same situation 2 years ago. He made sure of the 2 wins and hoped we'd fuck up. It very nearly paid off for him and is definitely the percentage play!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Benjay » Mon May 05, 2014 6:37 am

Liverpool have a huge huge game today and what does Rodgers choose to talk about? City and how we may still slip up. The man has lost perspective.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 05, 2014 6:57 am

Benjay wrote:Liverpool have a huge huge game today and what does Rodgers choose to talk about? City and how we may still slip up. The man has lost perspective.

He's trying to shift focus though isn't he? Because Liverpool have a very tricky game - one they told us we would lose - and if they lose we win the title on Weds.

Then they look like a bunch of cunts, because they brought huge pressure on themselves by having 2 victory parades and Gerard crying when he beat us. Daft twat then fell on his arse and cocked it all up.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 05, 2014 7:00 am

john@staustell wrote:
He's trying to shift focus though isn't he? Because Liverpool have a very tricky game - one they told us we would lose - and if they lose we win the title on Weds.

Then they look like a bunch of cunts, because they brought huge pressure on themselves by having 2 victory parades and Gerard crying when he beat us. Daft twat then fell on his arse and cocked it all up.

Lets hope Stevie is blubbing again tonight, after dippers have blown it. Might even see Souness shed a tear in pundit box after he nearly did v Chavs
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Lee_R » Mon May 05, 2014 7:22 am

Tesl wrote:Honestly I'd rather they really went for it, they would be more likely to get hit on the counter and drop points than make up 12 odd goals.

Egg-sactly, what a plonker tactic.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby City64 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 am

Desperation of the highest order from Rodgers if you ask me . This jumped up tossed has shown both naivity and a distinct lack of class plus all important know how since losing to Chelsea . Rodgers saying they will try to score a hatful against Palace will rile Pulis big time , love him or loath him Pulis doesn't take shit and is very professional . The dippers could easily however dick the toon for 6 or 7 last game of the season as they are in crisis . We just need to take care of our last 2 home games and enjoy ...... We are almost there ;-)
Last edited by City64 on Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Jon London » Mon May 05, 2014 8:01 am

Turning over a nine goal difference with two games to go is never going to happen only if the opposition go down to nine men could it be conceivable. Whilst Newcastle have been poor they just don't concede lots of goals in one game.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Dub City » Mon May 05, 2014 8:17 am

I particularly liked his comment that if there is one team capable of scoring the goals to turn around this goal difference it's Liverpool. He does know that we have now scored the same number of league goals that we are level on games played. Really find him the most annoying manager in the league trying to use big words to make himself sound intelligent and just ending up sounding like a tosser. Don't think any of us here are counting out chickens and saying it's over and I don't expect to see any champions tshirt on sale Wednesday before kick off like some clubs had last week but seeing him at full time next Sunday if he has blown his best chance of winning the league will be bloody sweet.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum