Brendan Rodgers.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers.

Postby twosips » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:39 am

Guardiola is not an idiot and he wouldn't join Liverpool. That just won't happen.

Can't see Liverpool being truly great for a long time. They need a whole team properly rebuilding and no truly top class manager would take on that shambles of a squad.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:41 am

Wonderwall wrote:I reckon if they sack Permatan, then they might actually go down the Gerrard Player Manager route just like they did with Dalglish. Gerrard is already going through the courses to get his badges and is currently taking his Uefa B coaching licence.

If it involves anything more taxing than colouring in pictures, he will be fucked.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:44 am

Wonderwall wrote:I reckon if they sack Permatan, then they might actually go down the Gerrard Player Manager route just like they did with Dalglish. Gerrard is already going through the courses to get his badges and is currently taking his Uefa B coaching licence.

That would be hilarious. Another decade of being nearly there beckons. With a bit of luck Dogleash will be there in sort of "advisory" capacity
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:50 am

twosips wrote:Guardiola is not an idiot and he wouldn't join Liverpool. That just won't happen.

Can't see Liverpool being truly great for a long time. They need a whole team properly rebuilding and no truly top class manager would take on that shambles of a squad.

I never swear and I'm not going to start now, but I did actually stress that it was highly unlikely that Guardiola would join the Bin Dippers.

I merely used him as an example of a manager with a degree of stature, ability and tactical knowledge. If such a person were ever persuaded to go there, then Liverpuddle could be made into a better team, without a doubt.

I don't wish to offend or insult you unduly, but I would suggest you address your myopic sensibilities before making such any such ludicrous posting in the future.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Why would any top manager go to Liverpool these days though ? They have just spunked all their money on average players, & have very few coming through in the academy.

Top managers get offers from clubs who have the potential squads to get them where they want to be. Koemann could be the latest thing they nick from Southampton, but even he is likely to get a big offer if he keeps it up.

Plus Turtlezed will be getting the elbow from the swamp in the not too distant future, Spurs will be at it again, even Wenger may finally be put out of his misery. That's not to mention the fact that we don't know how long the plan is for the Count & whether Vieira is nailed on, or just an idea.

Lot's of competition for the few top managers out there.

Mind you, nobody wants Mancini & Balotelli is already there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Why would any top manager go to Liverpool these days though ? They have just spunked all their money on average players, & have very few coming through in the academy.

Top managers get offers from clubs who have the potential squads to get them where they want to be. Koemann could be the latest thing they nick from Southampton, but even he is likely to get a big offer if he keeps it up.

Plus Turtlezed will be getting the elbow from the swamp in the not too distant future, Spurs will be at it again, even Wenger may finally be put out of his misery. That's not to mention the fact that we don't know how long the plan is for the Count & whether Vieira is nailed on, or just an idea.

Lot's of competition for the few top managers out there.

Mind you, nobody wants Mancini & Balotelli is already there.

I think all managers have a degree of ego about them and someone of note might have a big enough self regard to be persuaded to resurrect what they might consider to be 'a sleeping giant'.

If they were to succeed, then the avalanche of media praise which would ensue would/should be enough to feed any swollen megalomania they might have, for a few seasons at least, if not for a lifetime.

FFP might die very quickly (who knows ??) and if - and I keep using this particular word - a big enough name and talent were to become available, then the Bin Dipper hierarchy might be willing to stump up the promise of a boatload of cash to land him......and they might even dredge up their ' istree' to seal the deal.

IF such premises somehow all came to pass, then the Scousers might become a force to be reckoned with, however unpalatable that might seem to ourselves on this forum.

On that basis, personally, I'd like to see Bodgers remain in his post in Never Never Liverland, to be a continuing embarrassment and failure and to make sure they always walk alone.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Just had a coffee with a mate at work Red Scouse . Not going to watch the game tonight . " what's the point in watching us get our Arse kicked again " Yep really great fans .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby twosips » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
twosips wrote:Guardiola is not an idiot and he wouldn't join Liverpool. That just won't happen.

I never swear and I'm not going to start now, but I did actually stress that it was highly unlikely that Guardiola would join the Bin Dippers.

I merely used him as an example of a manager with a degree of stature, ability and tactical knowledge. If such a person were ever persuaded to go there, then Liverpuddle could be made into a better team, without a doubt.

I don't wish to offend or insult you unduly, but I would suggest you address your myopic sensibilities before making such any such ludicrous posting in the future.

Relax. I know you said that - I was just responding to the hypothetical scenario with an opinion of my own. I don't think any managers of his ilk will join Liverpool.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I've got a sneaky feeling you could be right about him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby twosips » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Playing the reserves only four games in when you need a win is fucking cowardly, pathetic stuff. Really, really embarrassing. I hope they got absolutely stuffed.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:49 pm

twosips wrote:Playing the reserves only four games in when you need a win is fucking cowardly, pathetic stuff. Really, really embarrassing. I hope they got absolutely stuffed.

+1. twatini would fine us 20M if we ever did the same.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
twosips wrote:Playing the reserves only four games in when you need a win is fucking cowardly, pathetic stuff. Really, really embarrassing. I hope they got absolutely stuffed.

+1. twatini would fine us 20M if we ever did the same.

Wow no wonder my mate said he is not going to watch it. Please please let's have a 6-0 + .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:27 pm

twosips wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Relax. I know you said that - I was just responding to the hypothetical scenario with an opinion of my own. I don't think any managers of his ilk will join Liverpool.

Fair enough - and apologies to you for my overly sharp response.

Re-reading the post, I made myself sound like a complete neanderthal.

Once again, apologies.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Brenda N.Rodgers doesn't have as big a clipboard as Lew Van Badhaircut.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:26 am

I have a Uefa B licence, it requires that you can draw and do things like Venn Diagrams.You know like Van Khalll draws during a Rags game when he's bored. Can Stevie G use Crayolas?

I wonder which colours he would use ?

That licence is as useful as a BA Humanities Degree certificate - "Please take one ".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:10 am

zuricity wrote:

I have a Uefa B licence, it requires that you can draw and do things like Venn Diagrams.You know like Van Khalll draws during a Rags game when he's bored. Can Stevie G use Crayolas?

That licence is as useful as a BA Humanities Degree certificate - "Please take one ".

Does Kiddo use same Venn diagrams when he delays our subs all the time? :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:30 am

john@staustell wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Does Kiddo use same Venn diagrams when he delays our subs all the time? :-)

What's a Venn diagram for? "Run around this part of the pitch and do your shit"? Surely there's a better idiom than a Venn diagram for tactics.

If that's a pisstake I've been had and I surrender.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:36 am

zuricity wrote:

Thems the rules, you cannot go to A unless you have passed B. I would have thought a fast track system for the pro's who have been in the game would be a must. I would imagine it's very frustrating to sit and watch some knob who has never been anywhere near their level or even managed at the top, stood in front spouting bollocks from a powerpoint slide.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:00 am

Wonderwall wrote: I would imagine it's very frustrating to sit and watch some knob who has never been anywhere near their level or even managed at the top, stood in front spouting bollocks from a powerpoint slide.

Nigel Gleghorn use to teach the A and B licenses, you telling me he not lived the life and can't talk the talk..?? Oh hang on let me think back more.....
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:36 am

Speaking of which, I see that, after an unfortunate blip, the magic has returned to the Daddy of coaching badges:

Nottingham Forest boss Stuart Pearce faces test of man management skills, says Peter Shilton

STUART Pearce faces a test of his man management skills in the midst of Nottingham Forest's winless run, according to former goalkeeper Peter Shilton.

Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Huddersfield made it eight Championship matches without a win for the Reds, who have dropped to tenth in the table.

With 15 games of the season gone, Shilton says it is too early to press the panic button.

And he believes now is when Pearce can be at his best as he looks to turn around his side's form, beginning against Brentford at the City Ground tomorrow night.

"It is a test for Stuart," said the 65-year-old, a double European Cup winner and veteran of more than 200 appearances at Forest (inset).

"It's hard when you're not winning games, that's when a manager's at his best, or should be.

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/tact ... -the-front
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum