Brendan Rodgers.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers.

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun May 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Fesan wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
maddog fenton wrote:I've noticed Rodgers is still moaning about the offside goal that never was against us on Boxing Day as the decision that defines his season,

I take it hes not moaning about the penalties theyve recieved?

Guess he is not complaining about the crystal clear penalty that was not given to us at anfield at the end of the game?

Love how you got "Crystal" into that sentence
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun May 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Just watched his interview on SS1 and not a mention of congratulations to City. What a moron, maybe we'll get it on MOTD, I won't be holding my breath though. The gods of human decency were smiling on us today , CHAMPIONS !!
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun May 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Just watched his interview on SS1 and not a mention of congratulations to City. What a moron, maybe we'll get it on MOTD, I won't be holding my breath though. The gods of human decency were smiling on us today , CHAMPIONS !!

In the interview I heard he managed a version of congratulations. mumbled "hope they have a good evening" at the end of it...yknow, like you would to your wife and her lover just before they fuck off out
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby phips » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:30 pm

What does £215.2m buy you? Deconstructing Brendan Rodgers' awful transfer record at Liverpool
The Anfield boss has made two successful signings despite spending £215.2m

After another very poor result on Saturday, attention seems to be shifting away from the red herring of Mario Balotelli and firmly towards Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.

The Italian striker had acted as a useful scapegoat in recent weeks with a diversionary ‘controversy’ over his shirt-swapping and his persistent goal drought masking Liverpool’s failings as a team.

But after a run of just one win in four games in all competitions and with Liverpool sitting seventh after recording four wins in their opening 10 league matches, that has all changed.

Saturday’s dismal performance and defeat away at Newcastle has brought Brendan Rodgers’ management into sharp relief.

Although few managers would have been able to easily absorb the loss of a player as talented as Luis Suarez, Rodgers’ summer recruitment strategy has been particularly heavily criticised with his succession of big-money signings failing to make the desired impact.

Indeed, this is not a recent phenomenon. As the table below demonstrates, Rodgers’ record in the transfer market is remarkably poor.

He has spent £215.2m on new players since the summer of 2012 but, to our mind, has had only two confirmed hits: Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho, both signed in the January transfer window in 2013.

Perhaps we are being harsh on some of the new arrivals, but much more was expected of players like Dejan Lovren and certainly Mario Balotelli.

On the other hand, we are also being generous by giving youngsters like Lazar Markovic the time to prove themselves despite an underwhelming impact so far.

While a fantastic coach and impressive man-manager, Rodgers’ use of Liverpool’s financial resources has been rather less laudable.

Perhaps Liverpool’s transfer committee – including chief executive Ian Ayre, head of analysis Michael Edwards and head of recruitment Dave Fallows – should share the blame.

But Rodgers has the final say on transfers, and has an undeniably poor record which is hugely undermining his work at Anfield.

Liverpool were initially planning to appoint a director of football alongside Rodgers in the summer of 2012, but scrapped that idea at Rodgers’ approach.

Perhaps the time has come to impose one on him if his transfer record is anything to go by.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:42 pm

I am beginning to wonder if he signed Balitelli primarily as a diversion tactic. Knowing they had lost Suarez and the heart and goals of the side and replaced him with hopeful punts, it comes to deadline day and the chance to sign Balo. Every other manager in Europe sacked off the idea but Brenda's mind went into overdrive.

"Who will take the heat and pressure of me if my other signings go in the shitter? I know, Balotelli. If it goes well I'm a genius at man management and if he does poorly he'll attract all the blame and criticism. Brilliant. £16m is it Milan?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:18 pm

When is he getting the sack?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

sheblue wrote:When is he getting the sack?

Within 18 months I would wager.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:I am beginning to wonder if he signed Balitelli primarily as a diversion tactic. Knowing they had lost Suarez and the heart and goals of the side and replaced him with hopeful punts, it comes to deadline day and the chance to sign Balo. Every other manager in Europe sacked off the idea but Brenda's mind went into overdrive.

"Who will take the heat and pressure of me if my other signings go in the shitter? I know, Balotelli. If it goes well I'm a genius at man management and if he does poorly he'll attract all the blame and criticism. Brilliant. £16m is it Milan?

That's a conspiracy theory 'par excellence' and a fine and worthy tribute to your fertile imagination.

Trouble is, you could well be right !
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I am beginning to wonder if he signed Balitelli primarily as a diversion tactic. Knowing they had lost Suarez and the heart and goals of the side and replaced him with hopeful punts, it comes to deadline day and the chance to sign Balo. Every other manager in Europe sacked off the idea but Brenda's mind went into overdrive.

That's a conspiracy theory 'par excellence' and a fine and worthy tribute to your fertile imagination.

Trouble is, you could well be right !

+1
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Jon London » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Need them to do us a favour and beat Chelsea. Agent Balotelli and Agent Toure are needed.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Jon London wrote:Need them to do us a favour and beat Chelsea. Agent Balotelli and Agent Toure are needed.

I'm very much afraid Chelsea will be ripping them a new one.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby gillie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:16 am

Reports suggesting Brenda is now pondering using a weakened team tonight against Real.This must tell his players that their manager thinks his best players are not good enough to compete against Real.What a fucking arrogant wanker Rodgers really is.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:37 am

gillie wrote:Reports suggesting Brenda is now pondering using a weakened team tonight against Real.This must tell his players that their manager thinks his best players are not good enough to compete against Real.What a fucking arrogant wanker Rodgers really is.

At least he is not deluded anymore
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am

I've never seen such a transformation from someone who came across as modest and generally sound into such an arrogant fuck. New teeth, new missus, new tan... believing he is one of the great managers.

And all because of Louis Suarez.

He may make it into next season, but if he does, I predict a November sacking.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:59 am

If he & his club had treated us with the respect we deserved last season, it could have gone some way to me giving some back. As it is, he was about as respectful to us as if they'd put Tommy Docherty in charge.

Mario, imo, was one of their better players in the last game (not saying much) but if you replace a striker who scores almost every game, with one who scores at half that rate, then also you replace one of the hardest working strikers in world football, with one of the laziest, in a team which tries to press in the opponent's half, how the fucking hell, can the team successfully operate the same way ?

Oh & the alternative Suarez replacement ? Ricky fucking Lambert.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:04 am

Not really surprising how they are performing. Except to Liverpool fans!
There are plenty of rumblings there. They really expected to be challenging for the title not back to hoping to scramble the top four.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:15 am

Original Dub wrote:I've never seen such a transformation from someone who came across as modest and generally sound into such an arrogant fuck. New teeth, new missus, new tan... believing he is one of the great managers.

He's recently gone on record as saying he wants, in the future, to manage in Spain, so you'd think he would put out his 'strongest' side to try create a good impression for any future employers in that country.

Mind you, if his 'strongest' side were to be torn to shreds tonight, he'd have no excuses whatsoever and in typically devious style he's just been saying the Premier League is more important than the Champions' League with the Chelsea game coming up. It would seem he needs to save his 'best' players for that encounter.

With regard to his putative length of tenure at Bin Dipper HQ, he's spent a lot of cash on indifferent players. If the ScouseScum remain a mid-table side come January and he wants to push the boat out in that transfer window, the 'powers that be' in the Anfield Emporium might say, at that juncture, that "enough is enough".

The trouble is that when, he gets sacked, whensoever that may be, there's a distinct danger that Liverfool might actually get someone decent for a change and, in so doing, become a realistic threat to the top teams in the Premier League, City included.

On that basis, I hope he spends many miserable, under-performing years in the land of the ninety-six.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:21 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I've never seen such a transformation from someone who came across as modest and generally sound into such an arrogant fuck. New teeth, new missus, new tan... believing he is one of the great managers.

He's recently gone on record as saying he wants, in the future, to manage in Spain, so you'd think he would put out his 'strongest' side to try create a good impression for any future employers in that country.

Mind you, if his 'strongest' side were to be torn to shreds tonight, he'd have no excuses whatsoever and in typically devious style he's just been saying the Premier League is more important than the Champions' League with the Chelsea game coming up. It would seem he needs to save his 'best' players for that encounter.

With regard to his putative length of tenure at Bin Dipper HQ, he's spent a lot of cash on indifferent players. If the ScouseScum remain a mid-table side come January and he wants to push the boat out in that transfer window, the 'powers that be' in the Anfield Emporium might say, at that juncture, that "enough is enough".

The trouble is that when, he gets sacked, whensoever that may be, there's a distinct danger that Liverfool might actually get someone decent for a change and, in so doing, become a realistic threat to the top teams in the Premier League, City included.

On that basis, I hope he spends many miserable, under-performing years in the land of the ninety-six.

Nah.

They've been at it for years. Every ten years or so, they have a fluke season then go back to where they were previously. For all the jokes aside, ageing Gerrard is still running the team, & once he fully loses the desire to do it, where do they find another one ? He has been another Suarez there, for decades.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nah.

They've been at it for years. Every ten years or so, they have a fluke season then go back to where they were previously. For all the jokes aside, ageing Gerrard is still running the team, & once he fully loses the desire to do it, where do they find another one ? He has been another Suarez there, for decades.

Are you saying then that if, as an unlikely example, Liverpuddle were to sack Bodgers and sign Guardiola, then they wouldn't become a better side ??

With a manager of that stature, even if their owner didn't bank-roll a big spending spree, a better and more tactically astute hand at the helm could only improve them out of all proportion to what they are at present.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:38 am

I reckon if they sack Permatan, then they might actually go down the Gerrard Player Manager route just like they did with Dalglish. Gerrard is already going through the courses to get his badges and is currently taking his Uefa B coaching licence.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum