Barkley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Barkley

Postby dazby » Sun May 04, 2014 9:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I don't get it?

I shouldn't have included the bit about him staying. I think he's a cracking player. If he hadnt of passed and kept going with his mazy runs he may have been more successful.

I'd like Everton to be able to hang onto him. Spread the talent.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 04, 2014 9:49 am

dazby wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
I don't get it?

I shouldn't have included the bit about him staying. I think he's a cracking player. If he hadnt of passed and kept going with his mazy runs he may have been more successful.

That would be fine by me too, but it's not going to happen. It's just a question of whether he stays another season or so.

Basically it's a decision for us as to whether we try to sign him, or let the rags etc have him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:04 am

dazby wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
I don't get it?

Ok I get it, and I guess that you migh be right but often it's the otehr way around with these young players, that they stick with the ball for far too long and then run into a blind alley. The fact that he's already giving away the ball shows a lot of maturity and that he has a football brain, rather than just individual skills. Or... I mean, I've only seen one game, but again, if that's how he plays regurarly he'll come good.

He was a nightmare for Garcia yesterday.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 04, 2014 10:11 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
dazby wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
I don't get it?

Ok I get it, and I guess that you migh be right but often it's the otehr way around with these young players, that they stick with the ball for far too long and then run into a blind alley. The fact that he's already giving away the ball shows a lot of maturity and that he has a football brain, rather than just individual skills. Or... I mean, I've only seen one game, but again, if that's how he plays regurarly he'll come good.

Tbh, he highlighted why Garcia is nowhere near it when asked to play that kind of role in our team set up. Garcia is a lot more fresh than most of our players too, but still was yards off it. I can't be certain, but I recon Barkley would find it a lot more difficult to make the same runs v Fernando; the geezer we are trying to sign from Porto.

Garcia has improved, but still is not good enough to do what we require imo. Unless we play 3 in a tight line there, ala Mourinho, in which case he would be excellent.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 04, 2014 2:23 pm

He could take Rodwell's squad place and actually be used in rotation - an understudy for Yaya.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Herb » Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:rodwell and barry are great bargaining chips

Are you sure that GazBaz is a bargaining chip - I had it in my bonce that he's out of contract after 2 more games?

Happy to be corrected.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby phips » Sun May 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:rodwell and barry are great bargaining chips

great bargaining chips for maybe half Barkley's value
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun May 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Herb wrote: Are you sure that GazBaz is a bargaining chip - I had it in my bonce that he's out of contract after 2 more games? Happy to be corrected.

Correct, free agent at end of season
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
dazby wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
I don't get it?

Tbh, he highlighted why Garcia is nowhere near it when asked to play that kind of role in our team set up. Garcia is a lot more fresh than most of our players too, but still was yards off it. I can't be certain, but I recon Barkley would find it a lot more difficult to make the same runs v Fernando; the geezer we are trying to sign from Porto.

Garcia has improved, but still is not good enough to do what we require imo. Unless we play 3 in a tight line there, ala Mourinho, in which case he would be excellent.

I didn't see as that yesterday, I thought we were generally overrun in midfield by a Everton-midfield that only lacked precision and composure to finish us of. But in general I agree with your point, he should have two partners to come to his right. I thought we turned into a five man midfield with the sub of Aguero but it was some sort of mix of 4411 and 451, depending on what Yaya felt like doing/had the energy to do. I think yesterday showed a lot about your previous post of the lack of tactics: We won yesterday's game on willpower.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Think Everton would want silly money for effectively a guy who hasn't yet played 40 full Prem games.

Much rather spend it on Fabregas or Reus or Vidal
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun May 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Honestly looks like a great player to be and having a really good season. We can't go bidding £40m for every player who has a good game against us though.

I'd like to see him stay at Everton a bit longer and progress rather than warming our bench.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 04, 2014 8:17 pm

This kid has something that i saw only at Tranny in the past decade.

We need to have a full scan, because he had some injury problems, but i say we must pay whatever it takes. We don't have a player like this and a thew teams in the world have.

We must not miss this, with the right guide, he can be the best player in the world.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Slim » Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 pm

He is a talent. I can see Martinez fighting all summer to keep him but I suspect I know where he is headed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 05, 2014 1:36 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I didn't see as that yesterday, I thought we were generally overrun in midfield by a Everton-midfield that only lacked precision and composure to finish us of. But in general I agree with your point, he should have two partners to come to his right. I thought we turned into a five man midfield with the sub of Aguero but it was some sort of mix of 4411 and 451, depending on what Yaya felt like doing/had the energy to do. I think yesterday showed a lot about your previous post of the lack of tactics: We won yesterday's game on willpower.

I thought we bossed the game until their second goal went in, at which point we did what teams often do and drop deeper and deeper. Everton were not all that until that goal went in, and that shouldn't have counted.
When we needed to score we were creating plenty and slicing through them with relative ease.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

he was a nightmare for Yaya you mean. Garcia was doing his usual clean up job and quite well .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Could be out for up to 6 weeks with a leg injury. Devastating news for Everton who are in the Europa as well
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Could be out for up to 6 weeks with a leg injury. Devastating news for Everton who are in the Europa as well

Update is cruciate ligament and a minimum five months. Hope he returns with same fitness and this doesn't cost him chance of greatness so early in his career. Wish him a speedy recovery
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 pm

According to official Everton site the injury is a partial tear of the medial ligament of the knee. Medial ligaments will almost always heal and a full restitution can be expected within 12 weeks/3 months.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Fucking hell, great start to the season for the lad.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:58 pm

rodwell mk2...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez