Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Manchester City and Paris St Germain are among a number of clubs who have been offered settlements for breaching financial fair play (FFP) rules, it can be revealed.

UEFA's club financial control board (CFBCB) has made offers to all the clubs deemed to have breached the rules ahead of its meeting on Thursday.

The clubs - understood to be fewer than 20 in total and including Manchester City and PSG - can either accept the offer of the sanctions, which could range from a reprimand to a fine up to restrictions on the squad for European competition next season, or try to negotiate a lesser punishment.

If no agreement is reached, then the outstanding cases will go to an adjudicatory panel for a final decision.

It is not known what settlements each individual club has been offered but UEFA could reveal the outcomes as early as Friday.

The most powerful sanction, that of being excluded from European competition, is not expected to be used against any of the clubs.

UEFA and Manchester City both would not comment but City boss Manuel Pellegrini said last week there had never been any concern that the club would be excluded from the Champions League for breaching FFP rules.

City have been working closely with UEFA to try to ensure they comply with spending rules, which limit losses to 45million euros over the last two years.

Pellegrini said: "I felt here inside the club nobody feared we could be suspended for next year."

UEFA president Michel Platini said in a French newspaper last week he did not think any of the clubs who breached rules will be banned from European competition next season.

Qatar-owned PSG have been the club under most scrutiny after they wiped out their losses with a huge and back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority.

Platini said he was unsure if that "innovative" sponsorship deal with a related party played by the rules.

He said: "I will say simply that Paris St Germain's financial model is distinctive and atypical. That image contract with the QTA, the tourism office of Qatar, is innovative, that's all I can say.

"But is it viable? Is the value of the contract correct? These are questions that the experts must decide."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ay-7044676
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Platini the politician.
"the experts must decide"
yeah mate you make the rules and let other people implement them. It doesnt stink at all.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 pm

There's been no official word so who's leaked this?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Who's the other twenty and why is it only us and psg getting named in every report?

Am more than sure we have this all covered. Mansoor didn't make his billions without thinking things through, so can't see him and his henchmen not having a plan.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Tell the fat fuck to do one. He has nothing and is fishing. He knows, the clubs know and the fans know, FFP is a dead duck and will be blown out of the water.

On a slight tangent, I see Barcelona have been cleared of wrongdoing over Neymars transfer. Quelle suprise
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:03 pm

No settlements unless we make it clear we reserve the right to take action.

Otherwise it means we accept their corrupt standards & gives them an advantage. Go to arbitration & make it known we don't accept their sanctions as being legitimate & are reviewing our options.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 pm

They can suck our balls.

The End.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby AG7 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:No settlements unless we make it clear we reserve the right to take action. Otherwise it means we accept their corrupt standards & gives them an advantage. Go to arbitration & make it known we don't accept their sanctions as being legitimate & are reviewing our options.

This exactly ... this is the small bait they are throwing so if we agree (thinking oh, it's no biggie and just a small fine) then we legitimise their whole grand scheme ... we should totally tell them who the fuck they are to tell us how to run our business? against European laws, against so many others too and can be challenged surely and that's what must be done ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:29 am

ruralblue wrote:Who's the other twenty and why is it only us and psg getting named in every report?

This. I suspect some bored journo thinks we are getting too much good publicity and has re-hashed last week.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 am

Im surprised our legal types havent challenged FFP as illegal under human rights laws. FFP is clearly an infringement on some EU bollocks or other.
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 am

john@staustell wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Who's the other twenty and why is it only us and psg getting named in every report?

This. I suspect some bored journo thinks we are getting too much good publicity and has re-hashed last week.

I think some Bulgarian clubs, and possibly Russian ones, too. I wouldn't be surprised if us & PSG were the only 2 to make it through the group stages of the CL this season that were in breach. Remember that around 250 teams enter UEFA competitions each season, some from much murkier leagues, financially speaking, than UEFA's 'Big 5'.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:14 am

Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:Im surprised our legal types havent challenged FFP as illegal under human rights laws. FFP is clearly an infringement on some EU bollocks or other.

That agent has launched a challenge.

But at the end of the day, apart from 5 years of hot air, what have they actually done to us yet?

My hope is that this will seriously come and bite on the backside some of the old cartel - who wont be able to spend vast amounts on players like they used to in order to get their status back.

Think of any candidates?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues-clues » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:12 am

john@staustell wrote:
Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:Im surprised our legal types havent challenged FFP as illegal under human rights laws. FFP is clearly an infringement on some EU bollocks or other.

But at the end of the day, apart from 5 years of hot air, what have they actually done to us yet?

My hope is that this will seriously come and bite on the backside some of the old cartel - who wont be able to spend vast amounts on players like they used to in order to get their status back.

Think of any candidates?

If you are not in Europe FFP does not apply - have I got that right? Liverpool weren't even considered for it this year. The Rags can blow whatever they like next year safe in the knowledge that there will be no sanctions. Seems very reasonable. Take a year out - blow a billion - come back fighting!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:31 am

blues-clues wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Think of any candidates?

If you are not in Europe FFP does not apply - have I got that right? Liverpool weren't even considered for it this year. The Rags can blow whatever they like next year safe in the knowledge that there will be no sanctions. Seems very reasonable. Take a year out - blow a billion - come back fighting!

It will be backdated.

So Liverpool will face sanctions this time next year, if they have been overspending in the previous seasons.

The rags have set their debts up so that the Glazer's borrowed money is for the purchase of the club, not for the running of the club.

The club makes a profit, then the Glazers use it to pay off their debts, which is of course 'doing it the right way'. So presumably if they decide to borrow some more money to pay off their debt, then they can use less of the club's money & allow big spending short term, then take it all back out of the club, any time they feel like it.

But if City were to take a loan out, we would not be allowed to spend it on players etc, as it would count as debt.

The fact that ffp is set up this way is purely coincidental & not at all because it is designed to help certain clubs stay at the top. That never entered their minds when these rules were drafted. Not at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 am

Lay on Platini, and damned be he who first cries "Hold, enough" !
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 am

Platini always says it is aimed at stopping clubs spending more than they can afford?

Can we and PSG afford it?

Yes.

madness
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues-clues » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 am

Somebody should play Platini the Monty Python sketch "What have the Romans ever done for us" they show him pictures of the work going on around the stadium and the new facilities in Manchester. Then they should show him the fiasco that is going on in Brazil with the world cup stadia. Then they should ask him, "Are Manchester City really the villains here?"
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

john@staustell wrote:Platini always says it is aimed at stopping clubs spending more than they can afford?

Can we and PSG afford it?

Yes.

madness

I think this is the main thing.Platini and UEFA have cottoned on that they cannot stop us so have decided to milk us.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:00 pm

The way it came over on the radio was that we had a choice to either accept the sanctions the Fat Frenchman would impose, or fight them and have the book thrown at us....a seemingly stark choice.

However, it was said that the sanctions will not be revealed until we accept to be bound by them, which would seem to be a legally odd way of going about things.

Am I right in what I heard on the radio, or is this just part and parcel of the whole FFP conundrum and media misrepresentation of it ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Just a further thought but, in the last three seasons, City have been cardinal players in two of the most exciting League finishes for some time (not excepting that the current season is still under way with the potential for further twists and turns).

Last season, we didn't do ourselves justice and the Scum's march to the title became just a boring parade, which was of no interest to neutrals and fans alike.

However, we're perpetually characterised and castigated as being the ruination of football but, from the evidence of 2011/12 and the current campaign, I'd go as far as to say we've actually been the saviours of the game in this country, because we've upset the whole comfortable applecart which existed previously and stirred up a veritable ant's nest.

Other teams have risen to the/our challenge and the result is that the League now possesses perhaps five or six teams who could have a reasonable chance of winning the title, or ending up in a Champions' League spot. It hasn't been this competetive for quite some time.

If the Fat Frenchman thinks this is somehow wrong or undesirable and that his FFP is the elixir of footballing life then, as far as I'm concerned, he can go and choke on his frog's legs and cognac.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum