Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:01 am

PARIS — Clubs won't be excluded from next season's Champions League for breaking "Financial Fair Play" rules, according to UEFA President Michel Platini

"There will be some tough things ... but if you're expecting blood and tears, you'll be disappointed," Platini told French daily Le Parisien in an interview published Thursday.

UEFA will announce the first sanctions in early-May, and more serious cases will be judged in June.

A UEFA panel is currently negotiating settlements with clubs which have breached rules designed to curb huge investments by owners and excessive spending on transfers and wages since 2011.

UEFA said in February it targeted 76 clubs which played in the Champions League or Europa League.

Speculation centered on big spenders Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City, which are owned by the ruling families of Qatar and Abu Dhabi, respectively.

Platini said he was "not sure" if Qatar-owned Paris Saint-Germain's "innovative" sponsorship deal with Qatar Tourism Authority played by the rules.

UEFA is concerned that clubs could try to balance their finances using inflated value deals with sponsors linked to club owners. Man City's main sponsor is Abu Dhabi airline Etihad.

"Let's say simply that the economic model of PSG is special and atypical," Platini said. "These are questions that the experts must decide."

UEFA appointed former Belgium prime minister Jean-Luc Dehaene to lead the panel investigating club accounts. Serious sanctions will be decided by a panel led by Jose Cunha Rodrigues of Portugal, a judge at the European Court of Justice.

Expulsion from the Champions League and second-tier Europa League are the toughest penalty UEFA reserves.

First and lesser offenders will likely face fines and sanctions such as limits on registering players for UEFA competitions.

"I think that significant sanctions will affect the big clubs. We will go through with this," Platini said.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 am

Bag of wind, how the hell was he going to ban some of his own countries clubs. From that, it seems there will be quite a few having sanctions taken against them but because there will be some of the so called (G14) elite in there then they've had to dub it down a little.

UEFAs way will be to bring this legislation in gradually, using precedence to make the whole scam legal. By not banning clubs and slapping their hands, which they'll take, it sets it up nicely for future sanctions and no reprisals.

There's also the fact that a few clubs have told them to rod off as well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 am

Well my oh my , what a relief.
IOW - Twatini admits FFP is a legal crock of shit and hasn't got the balls to face up to our lawyers because he knows he'll be sunk without trace.

Wanker.

Go home and play with yourself , Wankini.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:40 pm

shitbag
ʃɪtbag/
nounvulgar slang
a contemptible person.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:53 pm

quelle surprise
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Burt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 pm

First and lesser offenders will likely face fines and sanctions such as limits on registering players for UEFA competitions.

"I think that significant sanctions will affect the big clubs. We will go through with this," Platini said.

In other words "We'll be coming after City and we'll hit them hard!"
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Burt wrote:First and lesser offenders will likely face fines and sanctions such as limits on registering players for UEFA competitions.

In other words "We'll be coming after City and we'll hit them hard!"

" But PSG are a special and atypical case, so we won't hit them at all because of this....."
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 pm

This is gonna fuck us right up the arse - we NEED to spend this summer - between 50-100 million I reckon to address the deficiencies in our squad - ffp will kaybosh that, get used .to being second or even third best for a while
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Total bollocks, anything too unfair will be appealed and over turned. FFP is the biggest bag of shit ever and even if it wasn't we've been working with FIFA for the last 4 years, our books are improving and we are good for football.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:11 pm

UEFA have subcontracted evaluation of 'breaches' and decisions on punishments to a technical committee chaired by a fat faced Belgian Jean Luc Dehaene to try to protect themselves from lawsuits. Theoretically at least Platini has no control over sanctions so it's surprising for him to gob off in this way. I saw an article in the Guardian suggesting that City had been more convincing than PSG who came across as somewhat arrogant. We will see week after next.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:12 pm

It does appear as if UEFA are hoping to stall City for a season or two whilst Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc get their shit together.

They have all but given up on stopping us long term, but they can give a business advantage to their mates if they can slow us down commercially for a season or two, whilst the rags rebuild & Arse/Liverpool grab some Champions League money. Then rags can force up wages & transfer fees the 'right' way, by paying for it through selling merch in the far east.

Hopefully, all being well, Liverpool, rags, Arse then gain an advantage & grab the Champions League spots, whilst we are prevented from making big improvements to our squad.

Of course the problem is that Liverpool will fall foul of ffp, this time next year, so the sanctions have to be watered down to suit that. So it's difficult for them to get us, without harming them, & others like them.

Plus, if they can't stop the PSG sponsorship deal, they can't stop anything Sheikh Mansour chooses to do. And Qatar are not going to accept it.

We have played this so cool. Done nothing but smile & nod, & wait for it to crash in flames.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby maddog fenton » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 pm

The reason why wanktini won't touch psg is because his son works for them as there main lawyer, so any sanction we get they should
maddog fenton
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby Socrates » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:04 am

Wooders wrote:This is gonna fuck us right up the arse - we NEED to spend this summer - between 50-100 million I reckon to address the deficiencies in our squad - ffp will kaybosh that, get used .to being second or even third best for a while

Spot on. Immediate bans were never likely as was always said was the ultimate sanction for serious repeat offenders of what is a crazy rule but a rule nonetheless. By implementing this way they will see the principle established ahead of using the ultimate sanction in the future. This will make future legal challenges just about impossible. We have to take steps to comply over time, there is no choice. There never was. Our spending will now have to be done very carefully.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:43 am

Wooders wrote:This is gonna fuck us right up the arse - we NEED to spend this summer - between 50-100 million I reckon to address the deficiencies in our squad - ffp will kaybosh that, get used .to being second or even third best for a while

If we're in a situation where we NEED to spend 50-100m every season just to compete for a competition with a prize worth £50m, then I'd say FFP is probably a good thing.

Maybe we should start spending the money wisely and coaching the best out of the players we have?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:45 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
If we're in a situation where we NEED to spend 50-100m every season just to compete for a competition with a prize worth £50m, then I'd say FFP is probably a good thing.

Maybe we should start spending the money wisely and coaching the best out of the players we have?

Indeed this squad is more than good enough to win the PL.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 am

Blue Since 76 wrote: If we're in a situation where we NEED to spend 50-100m every season just to compete for a competition with a prize worth £50m, then I'd say FFP is probably a good thing. Maybe we should start spending the money wisely and coaching the best out of the players we have?

I didnt say every season, but only a fool would say we dont need to spend when chelsea, liverpool and the rags will be.
Its not our fault decent players are usually 20-30 million though - shaw, who is still really only a prospect, is being banded about at 30 mill
A decent centreback will cost the same.. We also need to address getting some backup fir silva..
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:56 am

Do not want to ruin this thread by expressing an opinion but nontheless I would like to say that this latest statement from UEFA to me just sounds like that misguided nob,Platini has realized that getting some money out of us is about as much as his toothless sanctions are going to able to achieve
Rag_hater

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:10 am

blues2win wrote:UEFA have subcontracted evaluation of 'breaches' and decisions on punishments to a technical committee chaired by a fat faced Belgian Jean Luc Dehaene to try to protect themselves from lawsuits.

A great read about previous financial mismanagements committed by Dehaene & co: http://uefaawareness.tumblr.com/post/12 ... -fair-play
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby aaron bond » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 am

For me, the most worrying thing is that they are being so vague with what the potential punishments are. If they have a defined set of infringements, surely they should have a corresponding punishment for each infringement?

It increasingly appears UEFA are going to define the punishment once they have concluded their 'investigations' and settled on which clubs are deemed to be in trouble.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:05 am

aaron bond wrote:For me, the most worrying thing is that they are being so vague with what the potential punishments are. If they have a defined set of infringements, surely they should have a corresponding punishment for each infringement?

It increasingly appears UEFA are going to define the punishment once they have concluded their 'investigations' and settled on which clubs are deemed to be in trouble.

They did the whole thing as a favour to the 'old guard' & don't know how to make it work without landing themselves in deep shit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum