Jose Mourinho: Wouldn't it be funny if

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jose Mourinho: Wouldn't it be funny if

Postby The Original Special One » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Chelsea lost on Sunday, Liverpool went on to win the League, and Abu Dhabi Group successfully sued Chelsea for throwing the game? :)

In an interview last night he appeared to be hinting that - if it were down to him - he would effectively throw Sunday's game by fielding a team made up of players not starting in the CL 2nd leg game, so as to punish the FA for not accommodating 'English teams' - i.e. his Chelsea - in Europe, the way the Spanish FA does its representatives.

Apparently he's also claiming that he's just the manager, and that he doesn't make those decisions (i.e. prioritise League or Champions League game)
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: Jose Mourinho: Wouldn't it be funny if

Postby AG7 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 pm

The Original Special One wrote:Chelsea lost on Sunday, Liverpool went on to win the League, and Abu Dhabi Group successfully sued Chelsea for throwing the game? :) In an interview last night he appeared to be hinting that - if it were down to him - he would effectively throw Sunday's game by fielding a team made up of players not starting in the CL 2nd leg game, so as to punish the FA for not accommodating 'English teams' - i.e. his Chelsea - in Europe, the way the Spanish FA does its representatives. Apparently he's also claiming that he's just the manager, and that he doesn't make those decisions (i.e. prioritise League or Champions League game)

Useless point ... as can't sue successfully ... league is not one game and especially where we aren't even involved ... waste of a thread!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby clevblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Mourinho isn't happy at Chelsea, it's obvious in his body language, he sits still in interviews, pouting and shrugging all the time. This could be another one of his tricks. What if he throws the game against dippers then loses in Europe? I don't think the dipper's manager will pay any attention to what he says before the game. I certainly wouldn't
clevblue
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Twobob » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 pm

AG7 wrote: Useless point ... as can't sue successfully ... league is not one game and especially where we aren't even involved ... waste of a thread!

Very true, but the PL fined Mick McCarthy for saying something very similar and fielding a weakened Wolves team against the scum as he believed he didnt have a chance to win anyway.

Still used players from the squad of 25 - still git fined.

Same thing should happen to Maureen if he does do this - although it could just be his next mind game bull shit.

Either way, the cunts losing the plot big time - wonder if a PL manager has ever been committed before?
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby The Original Special One » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:14 am

AG7 wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:Chelsea lost on Sunday, Liverpool went on to win the League, and Abu Dhabi Group successfully sued Chelsea for throwing the game? :) In an interview last night he appeared to be hinting that - if it were down to him - he would effectively throw Sunday's game by fielding a team made up of players not starting in the CL 2nd leg game, so as to punish the FA for not accommodating 'English teams' - i.e. his Chelsea - in Europe, the way the Spanish FA does its representatives. Apparently he's also claiming that he's just the manager, and that he doesn't make those decisions (i.e. prioritise League or Champions League game)

Useless point ... as can't sue successfully ... league is not one game and especially where we aren't even involved ... waste of a thread!

Didn't Sheffield United successfully sue West Ham
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ffair.html
"The compensation claim began after United successfully argued that Tevez's participation in crucial matches in the 2006-07 season, while in breach of Premier League third-party rules, played a material role in their eventual relegation."
It's two games from the season's end, and should be Liverpool's toughest game......
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 am

TBH I agree with maureen.

The premier league make you give them a list of 25 players that can participate in the league games. There is no way he should be held accountable for playing those players in a game. Stupid rules about this strongest team, how do the fa/prem league know it's his strongest team? considering the tactics he needs to employ to counteract certain players and set plays by the opposition. They cannot possibly know.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:46 am

Wonderwall wrote:TBH I agree with maureen.

The premier league make you give them a list of 25 players that can participate in the league games. There is no way he should be held accountable for playing those players in a game. Stupid rules about this strongest team, how do the fa/prem league know it's his strongest team? considering the tactics he needs to employ to counteract certain players and set plays by the opposition. They cannot possibly know.

Indeed ! That's why there is a squad . Who is to know whether anyone in the squad is going to have a stinker of a game , for example ?
The stongest team is based on a variety of elements , not just opinions.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:47 am

FFS lads, do we not know how Maureen operates at this stage? He's full of shit, don't feed the troll.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 am

As i said, the fucker wants to trick the scousers. He will play for him, not for Chelsea, but for his big ego.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 am

already terry and cech out, ramieres charged by fa so he will be out, he doesnt have much choice at this stage, least matic and salah are ineligible for champs league so they play. Lampard and mikel are suspended(not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing) so they will play.

They will have a decent side out but from our point of view it certainly helps scousers not having to face their strongest 11, we would of tonked the 11 they put out this weekend if they had of done same with us. But i live in hope...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am

Wonderwall wrote:TBH I agree with maureen.

This.

Chelsea can play whatever team best suits them. The fact that we are left relying on other results is our own fault.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am

I agree that Chelsea can play who in the squad they want.

However I also think this is just another clumsy mind game. If they play a daft team and lose, then lose to Athletico they would look ridiculous.

Roman doesn't like 'ridiculous'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 am

Does the fucker ever stop whinging? We've had it for most of the season and even though he has a point sometimes he must surely know how our league operates.

What's the point in whinging about the ref's when we all know that they make these mistakes?

What's the point of whinging about the league not helping them out in Europe when we all know they only give a fuck about their competition?

It's not as if these rules haven't been around for the eternity of the PL era and it's not as if he's not been here before.

He's an egotistical deluded scrote who when not getting his own way scowls and scrikes like a spoilt brat.

Fcuk him I say, the horrible little 'Gnomed One'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 am

Given the advantage Liverpool have over Chelsea, if I was Mourinho I would not give Liverpool the satisfaction of beating anything like my first team.

Chelsea will look after Chelsea just like we would only give a shit about us. Any talk of it being unfair on us is just silly. We have the highest paid squad in sport, talking about taking teams to court over not trying is just embarrassing. Perhaps we could also take some of our players to court for not performing well enough,
ross.mcfc

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 am

I don't believe that the Premiership should be giving special dispensations for the teams in Europe. It's the price of success, deal with it. Perhaps there is an argument for the final but that is it.

It does my head in to see the league fixture list messed up over the Europa league or group stages of the CL. I recall we played in the Faroe Islands with a youth/reserve team and still played on the Sunday to give us time to recover from a trip that one of the first team took part in.
ross.mcfc

Postby Burt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 am

He'll not play a weak side. They can still win the league if they beat the dippers because he knows we may struggle to get much out of our two away games and also the dippers at Palace could be difficult.

The title is not over by a long shout and Moureen knows it. I am expecting a big performance from Chelski at Klanfield, that's for sure.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 am

Burt wrote:He'll not play a weak side. They can still win the league if they beat the dippers because he knows we may struggle to get much out of our two away games and also the dippers at Palace could be difficult.

The title is not over by a long shout and Moureen knows it. I am expecting a big performance from Chelski at Klanfield, that's for sure.

If he harbors any thoughts for the Rag seat then he'll have to put a shift in. If he doesn't, it's a good excuse for us to level at the Scousers and also a good one if Maureen turns up at the Rags.

Imagine the piss-take of them taking on a manager who basically give their longtime rivals the league?

Now, that'd be funny.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Breks » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If he harbors any thoughts for the Rag seat then he'll have to put a shift in. If he doesn't, it's a good excuse for us to level at the Scousers and also a good one if Maureen turns up at the Rags.

Imagine the piss-take of them taking on a manager who basically give their longtime rivals the league?

Now, that'd be funny.

Not really because if we don't win it I won't be laughing.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Breks wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:If he harbors any thoughts for the Rag seat then he'll have to put a shift in. If he doesn't, it's a good excuse for us to level at the Scousers and also a good one if Maureen turns up at the Rags.

Now, that'd be funny.

Not really because if we don't win it I won't be laughing.

Well, we're not winning it at this moment in time anyway so it makes no real difference mate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Chelsea set to escape selection charge

Chelsea are unlikely to be punished by the Premier League if Jose Mourinho carries out his proposal to field a weakened side at Liverpool on Sunday to safeguard their Champions League hopes.

With the Blues five points adrift of Premier League leaders Liverpool with three games to play, Mourinho wishes to prioritise next Wednesday's semifinal second leg with Atletico Madrid after drawing the first in Spain 0-0 on Tuesday night.

Third-placed Manchester City, who could overhaul Liverpool if Chelsea win and they win their game in-hand, could be angered if Mourinho -- subject to Football Association disciplinary action along with assistant Rui Faria and midfielder Ramires following last weekend's controversial home loss to Sunderland -- opts not to utilise his key players at Anfield.

But the Blues, who insist they have quality throughout the squad, are not expected to infringe regulations that were relaxed after Blackpool were punished in 2011.

Clubs can select any player in their 25-man squad list without fear of sanction; action would likely only be taken if a number of younger players from outside the list are selected.

Mourinho, who plans to discuss his selection options with the Chelsea hierarchy, is without goalkeeper Petr Cech (dislocated shoulder) for the remainder of the season and captain John Terry (ankle) for at least a week.

However, Frank Lampard, John Obi Mikel, Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah are among those who are likely to feature at Anfield.

Lampard and Mikel are both suspended for the Atletico clash after picking up first-leg bookings, while January signings Matic and Salah are ineligible in Europe.

Reaching the Champions League final on May 24 in Lisbon against either Real Madrid or Bayern Munich is now Mourinho's priority, and defender Gary Cahill believes Chelsea can take comfort from responding to adversity in their 2012 European Cup-winning campaign.

"It's never ideal to lose players but we have the squad to cope with it,'' Cahill said.

"We look back at how we coped with a similar situation on the way to winning it in 2012 and it gives us confidence.

"We seem to be able to grind out results when we need to in this competition. We're really, really close to the final now, we have one more game at home and have to give it every single thing we've got.''

Two years ago the Blues were out of domestic contention -- they finished sixth -- but now they are in the title hunt, albeit with a slim chance of the trophy after last Saturday's 2-1 loss to Sunderland.

The Portuguese coach's selection suggestion could be, in part, influenced by the refusal of the football authorities to move the Premier League contest forward to allow his side more time to prepare for the Atletico clash.

Mourinho was given further reason to be unhappy as he faces disciplinary proceedings following his sarcastic appraisal of the officials after the Sunderland defeat.

Mourinho and Faria, who faces two counts of misconduct, have until next Monday at 18:00GMT to respond, while Ramires has until Thursday evening at 18:00GMT to decide how to respond to his violent conduct charge for striking Sebastian Larsson.

The Brazil midfielder, who has been sent off twice already this term, faces a premature end to his domestic season.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/17957 ... ol?cc=5901
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum