Wednesday's B*l**x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*l**x

Postby Chinners » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:48 am

THE BOLLOX

The race for the Premier League title may have taken another twist following Chelsea’s draw with Atletico Madrid on Tuesday evening.
City fans knew an energy-sapping game before the West London side travelled to Liverpool on Sunday was not ideal preparation for a fixture that could prove pivotal in the three-way battle to be champions.
But following Jose Mourinho’s post-match comments in Madrid, Sky Sports report he is considering fielding a weakened team at Anfield after losing a number of influential players to injury.
Report Sky: “Prior to that game, Chelsea head to Anfield looking to cut the five-point gap to Liverpool in the final three matches of the season.
“But after the 2-1 home defeat to Sunderland last time out in domestic action Mourinho has admitted he now wants to prioritise his quest for continental glory, a decision which may upset Manchester City, who are still battling for the title too.
“The Portuguese coach will consult the Chelsea hierarchy before deciding which players to field at Anfield, with his preference to opt for those who will not feature against Atletico next Wednesday due to the proximity of the matches.
‘I can't decide by myself,’ Mourinho said. ‘I think that's a decision I have to listen the club. I'm just a piece; I'm just the manager and no more than that.
‘I have to listen to the club. I think the fact that the match is on Sunday I think puts the problem not in my hands.
‘We represent English football and we are the only English team that is European competition. Spain has four and gave them all the conditions to try to have success.
‘I know what I would do, but I'm not the club. I have to speak with the club. I would play with the players that are not going to play Wednesday
This is a story that will, no doubt, continue to grab the headlines in the run up to the weekend and with Jose, it could all be kidology!
Meanwhile, The Independent believe David Silva’s ankle problem may not be as bad as first feared.
The brilliant Spaniard, so important to the Blues’ title aspirations, was stretchered off against the Baggies on Monday but Mark Staniforth writes: “Manchester City will learn on Wednesday whether their hopes of overhauling Liverpool at the top of the Premier League table have suffered a crucial blow when influential midfielder David Silva undergoes a full scan to determine the severity of the injury he picked up on Monday.
“After the Spain international was carried off during the 3-1 win over West Bromwich, City's manager, Manuel Pellegrini, said Silva had suffered a recurrence of an ankle injury which had been dogging him in recent weeks.
“Today's scan will reveal whether the injury will rule Silva out for the remainder of the season, though even if it is not that serious he is almost certain to miss City's League trip to in-form Crystal Palace on Sunday.”
More injury news in the Daily Express who focus on Yaya Toure – another massive loss to City at such a crucial stage of the campaign.
John Wragg writes: “City manager Manuel Pellegrini said of Toure, another big, influential player for City: ‘He's working on the players' two days off this week and then he will start working again with the squad. After that we will see if he can play on Sunday.’
“Toure was injured in the 3-2 defeat at Liverpool and it was predicted he would be out for a fortnight. City's chances of catching Liverpool without either Toure or Silva would be remote and that is why Pellegrini is hopeful of the former making a comeback on schedule.
“He is suffering from a groin injury and was initially ruled out for the rest of the season. Toure has scored 22 goals this season and made seven more.
“Pellegrini refuses to admit it is a forlorn hope for City to win the league and certainly the return of Toure, 30, would be a massive boost.
‘When we lost to Liverpool the title was out of our hands,’ said Pellegrini. ‘But nothing has changed from that point. We have to try and win all our remaining games and then see what happens. That is our duty.’"

It's not over! Man City ace Pablo Zabaleta reckons Liverpool will blow it in title race
PABLO ZABALETA insists Manchester City still believe Liverpool will slip up in the title race.
And the Blues defender has urged his side to keep putting the pressure on the Reds.
City overcame West Brom on Monday night to move to within six points of the league leaders.
But they could move to within three if they win their game in hand and they will also be hoping Chelsea do them a huge favour on Sunday with a win at Anfield.
Manuel Pellegrini's side have a better goal difference than the Reds and if they win their remaining four games and Liverpool lose just one of three, then the title should go to the Etihad Stadium.
Argentina international Zabaleta said: "We still have four games to go until the end.
"It's going to be tough, but we need to keep believing. We know in football that anything can happen.
"We have put pressure on Liverpool.
"We now need to wait for Liverpool to drop some points, which they can do in some games.
"We must move on to the next game and get three points at Crystal Palace.
"Nothing is over. In football, you know anything can happen.
"The most important thing is to keep working hard, keep doing everything possible until the end and then we will see."
But City will have to close the gap on Liverpool without the help of Spain ace David Silva.
The midfielder was taken off on Monday night with his ankle in a brace having been troubled by the same problem for the last few months.
It is not as bad as first feared though and the Spaniard could be fit for City's final two games against Aston Villa and West Ham, keeping his World Cup dream alive.
Pellegrini also had good news from midfield star Yaya Toure who is expected to return to training today after recovering from the groin injury picked up against Liverpool 10 days ago.

Sagna eyeing Bosman switch to Etihad Stadium
Arsenal star keen on Man City move
Arsenal full-back Bacary Sagna has set his sights on a summer switch to Manchester City, according to reports from TuttoMercato.
The French defender is set to be a free agent in a few months’ time when his Gunners contract expires, and his future still remains up in the air.
Arsene Wenger is believed to be keen to keep his man, but negotiations for a new deal are thought to be some way from reaching a conclusion.
And now Sagna is understood to be eyeing a switch to City.
The Sky Blues are one of a number of clubs to have been linked with him, with Manuel Pellegrini thought to be looking at the possibility of snapping him up for free.
Sagna is rumoured to be looking for one last big contract, which the Chilean is more than willing to sanction as he seeks to add a player with genuine class and Premier League experience to his ranks.
The 31-year-old has also been linked with a host of clubs from across Europe, but the prospect of staying in England is said to be one that appeals to him.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Mourinho hints at playing weakened team against Liverpool
Chelsea could be set to make things significantly easier for City's title rivals at the weekend by putting out a scratch side at Anfield due to injuries.
Jose Mourinho has hinted that he could deal a blow to City's Premier League title hopes by fielding a weakened team against Liverpool on Sunday.
The Portuguese saw his Chelsea side earn a hard-fought 0-0 draw away to Atletico Madrid on Tuesday in the first leg of the sides' Champions League semi-final tie.
However, injuries to goalkeeper Petr Cech and captain John Terry marred the result for the visitors, and left them with a difficult selection conundrum ahead of the weekend.
Eden Hazard (hamstring) and Samuel Eto'o (knee) were already absent for the fixture, though both are likely to be to fit for the weekend's game.
But Mourinho has suggested that he may leave both in reserve and field a scratch side in order to keep his big-hitters fresh for the second leg against Atletico.
City need Liverpool to drop points before the end of the season if they are to claim the title, but the hopes of that happening will take a hit if Chelsea are not at full strength.
"I can't decide by myself," Mourinho said after the game.
"I think that's a decision I have to listen the club. I'm just a piece, I'm just the manager and no more than that.
"I have to listen to the club. I think the fact that the match is on Sunday I think puts the problem not in my hands.
"We represent English football and we are the only English team that is European competition. Spain has four and gave them all the conditions to try to have success.
"I know what I would do, but I'm not the club. I have to speak with the club.
"I would play with the players that are not going to play Wednesday."

Former Nottingham Forest and Netherlands international Bryan Roy believes his old Ajax boss Louis van Gaal has always dreamed about managing Manchester United and would be a "revelation" in the job. Daily Mirror

Alex Ferguson is said to have been among a group of Manchester United directors who sealed the fate of manager David Moyes at a secret hotel meeting on Sunday night. DSSC

The Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) believes it was wrong for the story to leak nearly 24 hours before an official announcement was made, branding the situation as lacking both dignity and class. Daily Star

David Moyes will receive no more than £5m in compensation because of a clause in his contract. DSSC

Moyes will not be short of offers, but might next consider a job abroad. Daily Telegraph

Sir Alex Ferguson will be asked to take a prominent role in deciding Manchester United's next manager, despite having anointed Moyes as his successor. Guardian

Van Gaal and Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti head a managerial wishlist as Manchester United opt for experience. Independent

Juventus hope to raise £60m in order to fund moves for Manchester United striker Robin van Persie, 30, and winger Nani, 27, by selling midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, to Paris St-Germain in the summer. Daily Express

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 27, has responded to talk linking him with a move away from the club this summer by insisting he wants to stay at the Emirates. Inside Futbol

Tottenham midfielder Sandro, 25, has been forced to play down speculation that he could join Arsenal in the summer after a spat with Spurs boss Tim Sherwood over his non-selection against Fulham. Daily Express

Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul, 26, is considering his future at St James' Park, with Premier League rivals Tottenham interested. Daily Star

Liverpool target Cristian Tello, 22, will be allowed to leave Barcelona this summer if they are offered about £8m, with Serie A giants AC Milan among those interested in signing the Spanish winger. TalkSHIT

Arsenal and Manchester United are on the verge of missing out on Freiburg Matthias Ginter, 20, with Borussia Dortmund closing in on the talented defender. Daily Express

Southampton midfielder Jack Cork, 23, rated at £3m, is a target for Everton. Sun

Gareth Bale is a major doubt for Real Madrid's Champions League semi-final with German champions Bayern Munich on Wednesday as the 24-year-old winger is suffering from flu. DSSC

Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke says Sao Paulo's delayed stadium would be ready "at the last minute" for the World Cup opening match on 12 June - with a full capacity test scheduled for May. ESPN

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson admits he had not foreseen the Championship title winners experiencing such a dominant season. Sky Sports

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says his side are "neither favourites nor victims" in their Champions League semi-final clash against Bayern Munich. L'Equipe

FC Torino's Ciro Immobile, 24, has emerged as the preferred candidate for Borussia Dortmund to replace Bayern Munich-bound striker Robert Lewandowski. Sueddeutsche

Former Argentina defender Marcelo Biesla has rejected an offer to train the Paraguay national team, according to the vice-president of the country's football association. As.com

Swiss clubs FC Zurich and FC Sion are keeping an eye on Lazio's Miroslav Klose, despite the 25-year-old striker having already extended his contract with the Italian side. Bild

The David Moyes 'Chosen One' banner is apparently being sold on eBay, with the highest bid currently standing at £153,900. It has the description: "One previous owner, well used, highly sought after and will soon be a relic." Metro

more bollox shortly
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*l**x

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 am

Im not surprised. The cynics view is that Jose would rather his protege, Rodgers, won the league rather than Pellers. But a Chelsea win at Anfield helps us and not them so the Champs League is his priority. Why play your best side? Anyhow Liverpool have it anyway.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 am

Benjay wrote:Im not surprised. The cynics view is that Jose would rather his protege, Rodgers, won the league rather than Pellers. But a Chelsea win at Anfield helps us and not them so the Champs League is his priority. Why play your best side? Anyhow Liverpool have it anyway.

we win all our games and liverpool lose one of the final 3, we win the league, its not all about Chelsea
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby freshie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 am

Top WAGging
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 pm

didnt they have 200 million to spend? now it is being reported that whoever comes in will get 100 million.

total bullshit. They won't even get 60.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:26 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:didnt they have 200 million to spend? now it is being reported that whoever comes in will get 100 million.

total bullshit. They won't even get 60.

Ha ha, what I was seeing was it going up, from £100 million to 150 and now to 200. 200 came from Robbie Savage, that in-the-know acknowledged expert on world football finance.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm

jimtolmie_tache wrote:
Ha ha, what I was seeing was it going up, from £100 million to 150 and now to 200. 200 came from Robbie Savage, that in-the-know acknowledged expert on world football finance.

He's got great hair though.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Guardian now reporting shaw to manu over chelsea for £30 mil at £100k a week wages.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Wooders » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 pm

PrezIke wrote:Guardian now reporting shaw to manu over chelsea for £30 mil at £100k a week wages.

They haven't even got a manager yet - brainless reporting
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

PrezIke wrote:Guardian now reporting shaw to manu over chelsea for £30 mil at £100k a week wages.

100k a week at 18.

Fucking hell
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Let them the morons. No 18 year old left back is worth that. Let them spunk more of the transfer fund (if it exists) and silly wages on kids. That left back isn't going to win them anything.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:01 pm

zuricity wrote:
jimtolmie_tache wrote:

He's got great hair though.

Hes spent 200m on conditioner. fact
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Wooders wrote:

They haven't even got a manager yet - brainless reporting

article actually gives credit to moyes for helping recruit him over his 'favourite' club as a boy (guess he's a man now).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... avid-moyes

Moyes is recognised at United for being largely responsible for persuading Shaw to place United ahead of Chelsea, with the former manager having put in long hours to try to secure the hottest prospect in the domestic game.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Return to The Maine Football forum