Micah is definately signing for Liverpool

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah is definately signing for Liverpool

Postby Burt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 am

I was told last night via a source that is very close to Micah that he is definately going to sign for the mickey mousers.

I feel quite sad about it because he's always been on of our own but he obviously cannot get into our side and therefore is going to go to play first team football.

Will he come back to haunt us?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Micah is definately signing for Liverpool

Postby Scatman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 am

Burt wrote:I was told last night via a source that is very close to Micah that he is definately going to sign for the mickey mousers.

I feel quite sad about it because he's always been on of our own but he obviously cannot get into our side and therefore is going to go to play first team football.

At least he'll be an automatic selection for England
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 am

With their luck he will never have an injury ever again. Its a shrewd move but Zabba offers much more and its time he moved on.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:14 am

Make no mistake - if we'd wanted to keep him we would.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:34 am

Micah out Sagna in then?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:39 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Micah out Sagna in then?

That IS a strange one, but very persistent.

Short-termism and very unlike our club at the moment. Maybe there is a massive worldwide shortage of full backs at the moment and no good ones coming through?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 am

john@staustell wrote:

Short-termism and very unlike our club at the moment. Maybe there is a massive worldwide shortage of full backs at the moment and no good ones coming through?

I can see the benefit. He is free - meaning money can be spent elsewhere - and he is usually fit. Zabba is clearly first choice so in effect we need a good understudy and Micah is never fit.
Benjay

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am

Burt wrote:I was told last night via a source that is very close to Micah that he is definately going to sign for the mickey mousers.

It is sad, it is also worth noting , Rodgers might be the best thing that could happen to Micah, I wish him well.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am

Benjay wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I can see the benefit. He is free - meaning money can be spent elsewhere - and he is usually fit. Zabba is clearly first choice so in effect we need a good understudy and Micah is never fit.

Signing someone like Sagna, if it's a cheap deal, gives us a few years to see if any of the kids come through. If we get one through for instance, we can sign another experienced right back to go alongside, when Zabba/Sagna come to the end of it. Similar idea with left back for me, which is why I'm a bit unsure about going for Luke Shaw.

I'll be sad to see Micah go but perhaps another club will get the best out of him. Maybe even as a centre back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 am

Maybe he's a sweetner in a deal to bring Suarez in?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:40 am

nottsblue wrote:Maybe he's a sweetner in a deal to bring Suarez in?

I do not want Suarat . I'd sooner we bought Stupidly than him
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:31 am

Seems strange selling him to a title rival? will he get in ahead of glen johnson who is better attacking and suits Rodgers system? HArd to know.

A fit Micah is an asset, getting him fit the problem.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:39 am

Dubciteh wrote:Seems strange selling him to a title rival? will he get in ahead of glen johnson who is better attacking and suits Rodgers system? HArd to know.

A fit Micah is an asset, getting him fit the problem.

Richards has been fit at times this season when we have been scratching our heads about who will be playing Centre back, I am sure Micah would have been many peoples choice ahead of Garcia. He obviously doesnt fit into Pellers plans
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Benjay wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Signing someone like Sagna, if it's a cheap deal, gives us a few years to see if any of the kids come through. If we get one through for instance, we can sign another experienced right back to go alongside, when Zabba/Sagna come to the end of it. Similar idea with left back for me, which is why I'm a bit unsure about going for Luke Shaw.

I'll be sad to see Micah go but perhaps another club will get the best out of him. Maybe even as a centre back.

Sagna joins the the Rich club, what happened to getting in a player and developing him, Sagna is no better than we have. Easy deal if it happens.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Oh well.

He isn't free btw, he has a year left on his contract so a fee will be required.

Good luck to Micah - based on the way his game has deteriorated over the past 2 seasons, him playing for them can only help us in the longer term.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Benjay wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Totally agree as far as Sagna goes - i wonder if Clichy or Kolarov would go this summer with Shaw in, then in two years time the other goes and our LB combo is Shaw/Angelino?
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Oh well.

He isn't free btw, he has a year left on his contract so a fee will be required.

Good luck to Micah - based on the way his game has deteriorated over the past 2 seasons, him playing for them can only help us in the longer term.

I believe he was referring to Sagna (coming to us to replace Micah)

Micah, has struggled with injuries but when he has played he struggles to get back these days and that has cost us on more than one occasion.

It is sad if it is true, but i would also, like Dubciteh question the move to Scousers, doesnt seem to make sense to me. If anything with Sagna leaving the Arse surely he would be better off there, he'd wouldn't cost Wenger much more than £8M.

The only thing i can think of is Scousers buying him now in order to gradually replace Johnson over the coming season who's contract will be up in 14 months when he will be almost 32?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:39 pm

I know that I will be in a clear minority - and my views will be heresy to some but I think that this is for the best and am pleased. Obviously not pleased that Micah has not developed on from his promise of years ago - but for me that is simply a fact and I have seen no sign that he could be a level of even a 2nd choice RB or a 3rd/4th choice CB - certainly I see him as a liability at CB and would certainly have Garcia way ahead of him there.

If we can get him off the wage bill and get a fee that is a win in my view.

Just my view - I share everyone's disappointment that he has not developed to his promise - but we need to move on.
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:47 pm

From a nolstagic point of view we would like Micah to stay but from a footballing perspective he should go. As fans we like to have players who devote their careers to the club - a bit like Le Tissier at Southampton but it happens very infrequently now.
Benjay

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:05 pm

john@staustell wrote:Short-termism and very unlike our club at the moment. Maybe there is a massive worldwide shortage of full backs at the moment and no good ones coming through?

Three of the four players we signed this summer were 28. None of the players were English. I'd say letting Micah go fits the pattern of last summer, especially if we don't bring in another English player. I agree that before last summer we seemed to be building for the long term and although transfer policy is only a part of that (the academy being the much bigger bit of it), I'd say our transfer policy last summer quite possibly signalled the start of another approach.

TBF, let's just see if Micah goes first.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum