Man Utd under investigation by US commission

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Man Utd under investigation by US commission

Postby michaelcityfan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:08 am

It was reported today by the BBC that the club faces a securities investigation by the NASDAQ securities commission for the way they announced the sacking of gollum. This was done in the first instance on twitter and it was 40 minutes before it was properly announced. This breaches the rules of the worlds second largest stock exchange, one used by ordinary american people to invest and the club are in big trouble as they can and probably will be fined millions of pounds for the breach. This action may have led to insider trading while others unaware of the rise in shares have been cheated out of the opportunity to gain by further investment.
Generally US institutions are much more punitive on this than in London and the club has no real defence, pants are truly down!

Maybe the summer transfers might be a bit more modest as a result and it may even affect ffp due to reduced income through the payment of fines coupled of course with the loss of TV money covering the champions league.

OH Dear!! And so soon after the loss of the greatest manager the club ever had! Moyes that is not baconface.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Re: Man Utd under investigation by US commission

Postby Lee_R » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:06 am

Hope this is true. All sounds a bit David Icke.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 am

Funny. SKY and TS have spent 24 hours telling is what a wonderful expert Ed Woodward is. But this is a schoolboy error.

Oh dear oh dear. Companies usually get fined by the billion in the US.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:24 am

This would be the crowning glory.

Not seen any tv or mention of it so far. Yesterday the bloke on Sky news was saying how great Utd were for giving Moyes so long in the job without sacking him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 am

Please let this be true. The gift of Moyes looks like it has more to give
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 am

Interesting that whiskey nose has got out from under. Heavy briefing that he was one of the directors who took the decision and that he will be heavily involved in deciding Gollum's successor.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 am

nottsblue wrote:Please let this be true. The gift of Moyes looks like it has more to give

Maybe Moyesey could do some scouting for the new manager. He has a talent for spotting a £27 million pound bargain.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 am

Ted Hughes wrote:This would be the crowning glory.

Not seen any tv or mention of it so far. Yesterday the bloke on Sky news was saying how great Utd were for giving Moyes so long in the job without sacking him.

really? ha ha who was reading the news ronnie corbett?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm stopping listening to the 'news' as far as MUFC are concerned.

For example, this 'war chest' for the new manager. It started off as £100 million yesterday, then at some point in the afternoon it became £150 million, now Robbie Savage is saying it's £200 million. These figures are preposterous! It sounds like some kid cheating on a computer game. I imagine the figure will be £700 billion by the time we actually get to the transfer window.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Scum are fucked. World Cup summer, massive debts, possible fine, huge wages and no Champs League. They are not an attractive sales prospect either at the moment.

They can't go spending hundreds of millions, they don't have it. If they want world class stars they'll need to offer wages inbetween Rooneys and Van Pussies. They can't sign multiple players on those amounts and the best players won't be signing for a club that might not be in Europe at all.

This season is a disaster of Liverpool/Leeds proportions. There could easily be 25 years of pain for them.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Crossie wrote:Scum are fucked. World Cup summer, massive debts, possible fine, huge wages and no Champs League. They are not an attractive sales prospect either at the moment.

They can't go spending hundreds of millions, they don't have it. If they want world class stars they'll need to offer wages inbetween Rooneys and Van Pussies. They can't sign multiple players on those amounts and the best players won't be signing for a club that might not be in Europe at all.

This season is a disaster of Liverpool/Leeds proportions. There could easily be 25 years of pain for them.

they won't win it again in your lifetime?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Crossie wrote:Scum are fucked. World Cup summer, massive debts, possible fine, huge wages and no Champs League. They are not an attractive sales prospect either at the moment.

Unfortunately I don't think so.

Financial bloke on Sky said rags can get round the stock exchange rules as they have such a small percentage of outside shareholders compared to the Glazers. Also, Moyes is just a manager, not a director, so they can just claim it's an internal matter.

As regards spending; they can't keep doing it, but they can do it once. If they get it right, with the right manager, then they are back in the top 5. If they fuck it up, THEN the problems come.

Plus people like Steve Bruce will give them top whack for all the shit they unload. They'll make a small fortune in sales.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think so.

Financial bloke on Sky said rags can get round the stock exchange rules as they have such a small percentage of outside shareholders compared to the Glazers. Also, Moyes is just a manager, not a director, so they can just claim it's an internal matter.

As regards spending; they can't keep doing it, but they can do it once. If they get it right, with the right manager, then they are back in the top 5. If they fuck it up, THEN the problems come.

Plus people like Steve Bruce will give them top whack for all the shit they unload. They'll make a small fortune in sales.

They have too much trash. They need at least 3 midfielders and 3 defenders for any chance of a top 4. No chance will they get 6 quality players.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Twobob » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:12 pm

MilnersJaw wrote: They have too much trash. They need at least 3 midfielders and 3 defenders for any chance of a top 4. No chance will they get 6 quality players.

Liverpool where in a worse position, and financially worse off when the last owners were re-financing every other day with RBS...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby clevblue » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Oh, it's okay, Keane will make it all good again, like he did at Ipswich
clevblue
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:07 am

Twobob wrote:
Liverpool where in a worse position, and financially worse off when the last owners were re-financing every other day with RBS...

Liverpool didn't replace their entire squad in one season. And has took them 5 years to get back in the cl.

Rags won't spend the money to replace half the squad and the players they have are a spent force.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Return to The Maine Football forum