Witchcraft (Liverpool)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Witchcraft (Liverpool)

Postby MUS » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm stunned at the amount of luck these bastards are getting.

Every stroke of fortune has gone their way this year. Injuries, errors, refs decisions etc.
I thought they'd soon run out of luck but low and behold, Cech AND Terry are now both out for sundays match.

There's no other explanation for it, its pure witchcraft.

I don't care what the propaganda machines will say, if we win the title this year with the amount of misfortune we've had, we will be more than worthy champions.

Well psyched for this weekend already.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Witchcraft (Liverpool)

Postby Tony P » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:46 am

Rogers is playing Football manager and restarting after every loss.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Martinez » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:53 am

Mourinho now saying he will rest key players, as well...

Otherwise not sure I agree, I remember a few weeks back when we scored a very obvious offside goal and they conceded against West Ham after Carroll punched their keeper in the face, they've also had about 25 woodwork- hits I think. More than anyone else anyway
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 am

Martinez wrote:Mourinho now saying he will rest key players, as well...

Otherwise not sure I agree, I remember a few weeks back when we scored a very obvious offside goal and they conceded against West Ham after Carroll punched their keeper in the face, they've also had about 25 woodwork- hits I think. More than anyone else anyway

Carroll apparently 'punched' the goalie because he was clearly pushed by Skrtel. Let's have it correct please, no amount of editing from sky or the beeb can take that away.

Yes we scored an offside goal.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 am

The dippers are and always have been one of the luckiest outfits going.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 am

We have had fewer dodgy goals for, than just about any of the top 4, but there is an inquest every time it happens, & no inquest when these things go against.

But the fact is that even allowing for a huge slice of good fortune, Liverpool are playing well above themselves & we are often playing well below ourselves. If Liverppool played so much percentage of games at 40%, like we do, they would be 10th at best.

If we played at 80/90% for weeks on end, like they have, we would have beaten everyone, including Liverpool, by about 5 goals. We are capable of being on another level to these characters, but we play at half power & are disorganised half the time.

Then our fans treat any non top 4 game like a testimonial, whilst theirs treat each game like a cup final.

That's why, imo, they keep winning, & why we won't really deserve the title even if we get it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 am

nottsblue wrote:The dippers are and always have been one of the luckiest outfits going.

the season when they won everything but he premier league title, they were so lucky its untrue and deserved Zero trophies on match balance, they were the worst team in each semi final and final.

Mind you, I have enjoyed the barren years, I hope they crash and burn next season and go back to 7th because they cannot cope with Champions League (a game every 3/4 days)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:46 am

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The dippers are and always have been one of the luckiest outfits going.

the season when they won everything but he premier league title, they were so lucky its untrue and deserved Zero trophies on match balance, they were the worst team in each semi final and final.

Mind you, I have enjoyed the barren years, I hope they crash and burn next season and go back to 7th because they cannot cope with Champions League (a game every 3/4 days)

Fair chance of that imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 am

Liverpool want it more. The players and the fans. Whereas it seems like we're taking the 'it would be nice' approach.
As Ross said, maybe it's because we've already won it, something we never thought we'd do and now are not that bothered anymore.
They have had luck on their side but if we showed the same hunger to win, the league would be over by now.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Liverpool want it more. The players and the fans. Whereas it seems like we're taking the 'it would be nice' approach.
As Ross said, maybe it's because we've already won it, something we never thought we'd do and now are not that bothered anymore.
They have had luck on their side but if we showed the same hunger to win, the league would be over by now.

Pretty much bang on. All teams get some luck at some stage, Liverpool have made/earnt theirs this season tbf
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Liverpool want it more. The players and the fans. Whereas it seems like we're taking the 'it would be nice' approach.

I agree, they want it more. The media and premier league want it more too.

That wouldn't matter if we put everything into it as fans and as a team, but it just seems that we're going with the flow and it is bugging the shit out of me.
Original Dub

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:27 am

zuricity wrote:
Martinez wrote:Mourinho now saying he will rest key players, as well...

Carroll apparently 'punched' the goalie because he was clearly pushed by Skrtel. Let's have it correct please, no amount of editing from sky or the beeb can take that away.

Yes we scored an offside goal.

And there winning goal came from a penalty that should never have been given.

The amount of things going in their favor is incredible.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 am

Original Dub wrote:

That wouldn't matter if we put everything into it as fans and as a team, but it just seems that we're going with the flow and it is bugging the shit out of me.

Liverpool winning this year is really the story the media and neutrals want to see. The sleeping giant coming back to win the Premier League in the 25th Anniversary year of Hillsborough when no one gave them a chance.
Similar in my opinion to how a lot of neutrals wanted us to win the league two seasons ago. Loads of my non City friends went bezerk when Aguero scored.
As I said since we won the league two seasons ago, in the style we won it a lot of us said things like 'that was so good, nothing could ever beat that' etc and to a degree that's true. I don't think any moment ever will come close to the QPR game. We could win the quadruple, and that game would still mean more to most if not all of us.
The problem was, whatever followed that was always going to have the shine taken off in comparison. We won it once, something only four or five years ago seemed impossible, in the most dramatic way possible. That's why we're not as desperate for the title as they are. Two seasons ago when the Rags took charge in the title race we responded with big performances like the 4-0 against West Brom and the 6-1 against Norwich to show we were still up for it whereas this time we appear to have taken our foot off the gas and it looks like we don't want to spoil the party.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:59 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Liverpool winning this year is really the story the media and neutrals want to see. The sleeping giant coming back to win the Premier League in the 25th Anniversary year of Hillsborough when no one gave them a chance.
Similar in my opinion to how a lot of neutrals wanted us to win the league two seasons ago. Loads of my non City friends went bezerk when Aguero scored.
As I said since we won the league two seasons ago, in the style we won it a lot of us said things like 'that was so good, nothing could ever beat that' etc and to a degree that's true. I don't think any moment ever will come close to the QPR game. We could win the quadruple, and that game would still mean more to most if not all of us.
The problem was, whatever followed that was always going to have the shine taken off in comparison. We won it once, something only four or five years ago seemed impossible, in the most dramatic way possible. That's why we're not as desperate for the title as they are. Two seasons ago when the Rags took charge in the title race we responded with big performances like the 4-0 against West Brom and the 6-1 against Norwich to show we were still up for it whereas this time we appear to have taken our foot off the gas.

Sadly, I think that another reason we're not so arsed is because Utd are shit. If they were ahead of us & not Liverpool, our fans would be much more up for it.

Personally, if I had to choose, I would rather watch Utd win it than Liverpool.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Sadly, I think that another reason we're not so arsed is because Utd are shit. If they were ahead of us & not Liverpool, our fans would be much more up for it.

I've made that point all season. We became more obsessed with them failing than us succeeding which was shown by people wanting Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool to beat them.
We seemed content with just being better than them and fairly lethargic to actually winning the league.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

The problem was, whatever followed that was always going to have the shine taken off in comparison. We won it once, something only four or five years ago seemed impossible, in the most dramatic way possible. That's why we're not as desperate for the title as they are. Two seasons ago when the Rags took charge in the title race we responded with big performances like the 4-0 against West Brom and the 6-1 against Norwich to show we were still up for it whereas this time we appear to have taken our foot off the gas.

It pains me to say it but I think I'd also prefer the Scum to win it, rather than Liverpuddle.

How sad is that ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Maureen may say he is resting key players but what does that mean?

Lampard and Mikael are suspended for the home tie, Matic is cup tied as it is, and either Torres or Eto'o or Ba will have to play Sunday. Cole will most likely play. While it is not ideal, they are still going to be effective.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:38 pm

mind games! maureen would love to win on sunday and has no intention of playing a "weakened" side if he can help it. i get the feeling he despises rodgers and the dipper PR machine.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
It pains me to say it but I think I'd also prefer the Scum to win it, rather than Liverpuddle.

How sad is that ??

I'll third that.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

How sad is that ??

I'll third that.

FFS if we dont win it I hope there is a big fuckoff scandal and everyone gets disqualified and Crystal Palace win it
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum