This Goal Scoring Record?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

This Goal Scoring Record?

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:47 am

Does anybody have the correct stats and who holds what?

I've been looking through the various sites and been getting anything from 147 to 151 goals this season so far. Watching the game last week they were saying that we could overtake the Rags record but I'm sure last night they said we could overtake the Chavs record. It's not hard to get me confused so if any of you guys could help, it'd much appreciated.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: This Goal Scoring Record?

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Does anybody have the correct stats and who holds what?

I've been looking through the various sites and been getting anything from 147 to 151 goals this season so far. Watching the game last week they were saying that we could overtake the Rags record but I'm sure last night they said we could overtake the Chavs record. It's not hard to get me confused so if any of you guys could help, it'd much appreciated.

143 is Utds record
147 is the one we need and that is chelseas including club world championship and Super cup.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 am

mdm's effort last night was our 145th in all comps according to commentary on sky last night
apparently if liverpool had played the same number of games they would have 200+ by now
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am

Right, thanks. So we've broken the Rags record and need another 2 to break Chelsea's.

That is a lot of goals and seeing that we've got 4 games to go I'd say it's inevitable that we'll get a new record.

I think Chelsea's PL record stands at 103. It'll be a tough ask for us to score 13 goals in the last 4 but you never know with the likes of Villa and West Ham coming to the Etihad. Didn't we put 6 past the Hammers last time out?

The Dippers could also do it as they are only 8 away with 3 to play but I can't see them putting more than 1 or 2 in the bag against Chelsea and they've got the tricky away trip to Palace who've had 4 clean sheets in their last 5 (won them all).
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lee_R » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:59 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:mdm's effort last night was our 145th in all comps according to commentary on sky last night
apparently if liverpool had played the same number of games they would have 200+ by now

And also conceeded many.

Anyway our goals to trophy ratio would suggest our defence isnt all its cracked up to be either.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:mdm's effort last night was our 145th in all comps according to commentary on sky last night

Or had loads of players injured and tired and be about 15 pts off the top of the league.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Chinners » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:... and they've got the tricky away trip to Palace who've had 4 clean sheets in their last 5 (won them all).

as have we!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:38 pm

If we had played Villa already & scored 5, we would have the same goals scored as Liverpool.

If we do actually win the league, there is a fair chance we will also finish top scorers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Chinners wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:... and they've got the tricky away trip to Palace who've had 4 clean sheets in their last 5 (won them all).

as have we!

Fully aware of that mate. The Dippers play them before us and I'm hoping the game wares both of them down ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:05 pm

I thought Liverpool had scored more goals than us but their GD is worse cuz their defense sucks....?
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fully aware of that mate. The Dippers play them before us and I'm hoping the game wares both of them down ;-)

We play Palace first
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:

as have we!

Fully aware of that mate. The Dippers play them before us and I'm hoping the game wares both of them down ;-)

palace have just broken their own top flight record for consecutive wins
they won't extend it to 6 on sunday
however, i fancy them to bounce back from defeat against us to win the following week
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fully aware of that mate. The Dippers play them before us and I'm hoping the game wares both of them down ;-)

We play Palace first

Feckin' hell, so we do. Let's wrap it up there then, we're doomed I tell ya ;-)

It'd be very nice to have seen a Dippers loss prior to us going out there and then us panning Palace a few goals to nil.

All sounds very simple but as we all know, football is anything but.

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:

as have we!

palace have just broken their own top flight record for consecutive wins
they won't extend it to 6 on sunday
however, i fancy them to bounce back from defeat against us to win the following week

That's the spirit.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:43 pm

For me this record is the one
Rag_hater

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 pm

150 would be nice. Of course it will go unnoticed by the press and media.

Rather like the fact we have four guys over 20 goals. I'm not sure thats ever been done in Europes top 5 leagues before.

The league would be preferable but if dippers are to pip us, I for one would like to see us end up as top scorers, for posterity, if nothing else.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 10:04 am

So, I make that 150 goals in a single season, is that a record set with 2 games to go? Thought I'd hear quite a lot about this but it seems to have slipped under the radar.

Also, can us or the Dippers beat the PL record of 103 set by Chelsea; do we have a chance?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 04, 2014 10:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, I make that 150 goals in a single season, is that a record set with 2 games to go? Thought I'd hear quite a lot about this but it seems to have slipped under the radar.

Also, can us or the Dippers beat the PL record of 103 set by Chelsea; do we have a chance?

I reckon we need 8 goals from 2 homes games against teams with nothing to play for, so it's possible (but unlikely). I'm sure we'd all just take 2 wins though, however many we score.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 04, 2014 10:16 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, I make that 150 goals in a single season, is that a record set with 2 games to go? Thought I'd hear quite a lot about this but it seems to have slipped under the radar.

I reckon we need 8 goals from 2 homes games against teams with nothing to play for, so it's possible (but unlikely). I'm sure we'd all just take 2 wins though, however many we score.

If Negredo was to suddenly stop doing his impression of Bernardo Corradi, & start being Negredo again, it would be very possible. He could come on with the oppo a bit tired & create havoc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

If Negredo was to suddenly stop doing his impression of Bernardo Corradi, & start being Negredo again, it would be very possible. He could come on with the oppo a bit tired & create havoc.

I think he'll get his chance on Wednesday and would be a good time to get his eye back in.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 04, 2014 10:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think he'll get his chance on Wednesday and would be a good time to get his eye back in.

I reckon if he scores one goal his confidence will return immediately. Hopefully, he comes into his own on Wednesday as I see him starting, too.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum