Aston Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aston Villa

Postby Chopper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Nick wrote:some arrogant/rag type comments here which are quite embarassing.

villa are a big club, and have top fans. To me their are a similar club to us, much like west ham and newcastle.

Have easily been the most investable club along with everton and newcastle IMO.

Everyone has a right to different opinions on clubs. To throw the arrogant/rag insult in is reaching at best.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:16 pm

because for a comment like ''what is the point in villa" a club that have won european cup (which we have not), whose fans are sound and of the same mould of is, is just embarassing.

what was the point in us when we were getting beat home and away by wimbledon?

I bet villa fans don't leave on 70 minutes...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Chopper wrote:

villa are a big club, and have top fans. To me their are a similar club to us, much like west ham and newcastle.

Everyone has a right to different opinions on clubs. To throw the arrogant/rag insult in is reaching at best.

If that was directed at me for the 'why would anyone buy Villa' comment let me explain.

A) Someone already has and it failed. Learner is a big player in America. If he failed why would anyone else succeed.
B) They play in Birmingham. No Shiek type figure wants much to do with that image. We were lucky that Manchester was already a brand.
C) We had a swanky new stadium and derelict ground behind us which can be regenerated for the good of the club and for profit. They play in a run down area with little room for improvement. A new stadium costs what?
D) when we were taken over it was only one team we had to knock out of the way for the top 4. It's a top 6 these day. A much bigger risk now.

Everything above apart from maybe B can be used for the reason no one has bought Everton.

There are investors out there who want to make a quick buck. It makes much more sense to buy a Cardiff, Hull, Leicester than a Everton or Villa. Buy them for pennies, spend a few million and pocket the Premiership money and hope to sell on not to mention to enhance your own name. This of course can go horribly wrong ala QPR.

The next club to be bought and will attract serious investors like we did will be West Ham. In the Premiership, London, new stadium, the Olympic stadium no less and big fan base that can be extended.
ross.mcfc

Postby Chopper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Chopper wrote:

If that was directed at me for the 'why would anyone buy Villa' comment let me explain.

A) Someone already has and it failed. Learner is a big player in America. If he failed why would anyone else succeed.
B) They play in Birmingham. No Shiek type figure wants much to do with that image. We were lucky that Manchester was already a brand.
C) We had a swanky new stadium and derelict ground behind us which can be regenerated for the good of the club and for profit. They play in a run down area with little room for improvement. A new stadium costs what?
D) when we were taken over it was only one team we had to knock out of the way for the top 4. It's a top 6 these day. A much bigger risk now.

Everything above apart from maybe B can be used for the reason no one has bought Everton.

There are investors out there who want to make a quick buck. It makes much more sense to buy a Cardiff, Hull, Leicester than a Everton or Villa. Buy them for pennies, spend a few million and pocket the Premiership money and hope to sell on not to mention to enhance your own name. This of course can go horribly wrong ala QPR.

The next club to be bought and will attract serious investors like we did will be West Ham. In the Premiership, London, new stadium, the Olympic stadium no less and big fan base that can be extended.

Spot on post. I hope it does happen for The Irons theyre a great club with great supporters.
Chopper

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I like Villa park and rectangular stadia.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chopper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Wonder if Moyes will end up there?
Chopper